The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Affliction DPS issues

I am having issues with my DPS. I am well geared (currently 11th on server) but i am having issues getting over 7K dps in heroics on trash/boss's

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...zragarn/simple This is my armory, i have tweaked gear, spec and everything else i can think of. I use the priority list from EJ.

Please any assistance will be great. (BTW i dont pvp at all so pvp gear is not an option for me)

Gear is sound enough, affliction is all about priorities in your casting. Keep haunt up at all times, keep ISF up at all times, use succy, use filler spell (SB or DL) only when other spells dont need refreshing. Your level of gear should easily do 10-11k to a target dummy solo.

Bane of agony is better dps than Doom as afflic but if you are having trouble keeping it up use doom.

Other then that your latency could be an issue, addons like quartz can help you on casting

Trinkets - replace teh book with stump of time if you need hit, get your hands on the gale of shadows from grim batol if you cant afford a volcano card
    Last edited by Deimas; 2011-02-02 at 01:41 AM. Reason: noticed trinkets

Az your way over invested in hit for heroics. you only need an additional 6% hit from gear unlees you are raiding then its 17%. I have gear for heroics and gear for raiding. if your not raiding then dump the hit gems and go for 20 intellect and 20 haste gems or just straight 40 intellect gems. then reforge hit to haste and try again. mobs in heroics are starting to go down fast now like they did in wrath so you dont have alot of time to ramp up your deeps.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the feedback. I do use BoA over BoD. Will look at those trinkets.
    Very true about mobs dropping faster. I am about to start raiding so may look at dropping 1-2% Hit as ill have buffs.
    I use Gamepath to have lat 170-190 and quartz but is may still be an issue.

Hmm so it is not me it looks to be game mechanics i have to tweak. Thanks for the feedback

10+ Year Old Account
    Well for starters its affliction, which isn't really known for its burst, at my 347 it takes a little while to get to 13k in heroics and I only do like 7k on mobs. if you want mob deaths fast, OS destro which has like a 100 dps difference, but coupled with a lack of mobility and god awful rotation, it'll do for heroics and trash
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

yeah I usually do heros as destro, higher burst and can tear things up pretty quick when bosses come ill switch back to afflic

On trash 2-3 mobs best way i found is corr, boa, ua, then soul swap and place em on another mob, then manually dot the next one, and put the coe on the one who'll die last, then work the order with haunt and sb's, if it's a lot of mobs, usually just soulburn soc then tab boa and ua's around soul swapping when cd is up.

imo can take ej with a grain of salt alot of the time, it's all situational and got to be quick with decisions on what dots vs cast times will get the most out of the time the mob is alive

There are not hit buffs...incase. you were planning on not hitting the cap.