Engineering ElectroStatic Condense!!

OK So I finnaly got my eng to 440, got basically everything i wanted except 1 synpase strings which I get next patch anyway hopefully. So I get this baby in my bag and I go farm some herbs. I got 150 whiptail. and 2 VOLATILE AIR. Thats it just 2. I must be doing something wrong or is it bugged. Also does it work on lower level herbs.
    World PVP and Arenas Are Awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    Least you can use it :\ My engineers Eng/Tailoring.
    And from what I've seen/asked about, its only Cata gathering nodes that you can get air from.

Deleted
    For me I almost always got two whenever it happened.Usually once every 10 nodes in the first weeks of Cata.
    Took a break from gathering since then, and went on a spree one week ago to farm mats to level BS (dropped Engi but not before that) and I don't think I have more then 20 after farming 4 stacks of pyrite and about 40 of elementium.

I know it doesn't answer your question, but maybe they tweeked the drop rate a little.. you know, to make it totally useless, just like the other things you get from engineering (not helms, never helms... I had 3 of them.. and wormhole generator.. and jeeves,anyway, sucky prof)
    Last edited by mmocffcb256aa5; 2011-02-02 at 03:20 AM.

From what ive seen the drop rate bonus from this isnt that great. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Yeah the drop rates aren't fantastic, but the point is something is still better than nothing. Without the condenser the ONLY places you'll get air is from elementals (or an alchemist transmute).

I can't vouch for herbalism but with mining I seem to be getting air about as often as I get earth, so I think they tried to match the drop rates to that of other similar materials.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

10+ Year Old Account
    Supposedly they normalised the drop rate among gathering professions.

I'm getting about a 5-10% drop rate mining (about 1 air per 10-15 nodes). Remember, it's per-pick or per-node, not per-ore/per-herb.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Supposedly they normalised the drop rate among gathering professions.

I'm getting about a 5-10% drop rate mining (about 1 air per 10-15 nodes). Remember, it's per-pick or per-node, not per-ore/per-herb.
    StillI had around 50 nodes and only 2 air, wtf is this a joke and has anybdy tested this on lower lvl herbs cuase low lvl areas have ton of herbs it seems.
    World PVP and Arenas Are Awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure it only works gathering Cataclysm materials, so low level stuff wouldn't yield anything.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Yep, only works for Cata nodes and the drop rate is pretty terrible.
    My 81 priest is running around Vashj'ir at the moment, five or six stacks of various herbs and I got three volatile air.
    Thankfully I have a 525 transmute specced Alchemist so I can just turn the volatile life into the air if needed.

The droprate is like so many other things in WoW bound by RNG.

Ive had cycles of mining in Uldum where i mined 500 ores each time, where the result was insanely different.

I ended up with 30 air the first time, and just below 10 the second time.
    The same goes for the water and fire part. Sometimes fire is common other times its water.

But one thing i can say ive never had a higher count of air then i had fire or water.

i have more air than any other volatile. of course this could be due to the fact i used earth, fire, and water to level professions on other toons. the air was used mainly for my engineer. they usually pop about 1 out of 8-10 nodes.

on a related note, the drop rate on earth seems to have gone down since cata. anyone else experience that?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems Skinning generates more Elements then the Engineering item you have. I get a stomach, which contains a element or two, every 5-8 mobs that I skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't see what you are complaining about here.

Electrostatic Condenser
    Binds when picked up
    Unique
    Requires Engineering (440)
    Item Level 85
    Allows a skilled engineer to occasionally collect Volatile Air while mining, skinning, or collecting herbs.

Electrostatic Condenser
    Allows a skilled engineer to occasionally collect Volatile Air while mining, skinning, or collecting herbs.

Allows a skilled engineer to occasionally

Allows Occasionally

Occasionally

In short terms, Don't rely on "barely" means "many".

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I'm seeing similar numbers. I mined up about 250 Elementium ore and had 18 Volatile airs.