Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    The fact that he's now suffering from PTSD is a good indicator that he wasn't doing it to torture them and that any that didn't die were purely an accident (think how long you could keep up with having to kill 50 dogs per workday (estimate, of course, as he had 100 and two days deadline) and whether them moving/ you gradually tiring/ becoming less able to do it would affect your ability).
    I must say your one of the few people ive seen post on here that do so to defend their point well and without raging/swearing or tossing that umadbro or whatever, and your right due to the clear pain this event has caused him he didnt do this out of malice or ill thought and that he simply had no other option, i just wish things would not have transpired as they had to force this poor man to do this, i doubt he'll be forgetting this day anytime soon and who knows he may face legal issues on top of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rektlol View Post
    My only regret about humanity is the fact that people can't read simple posts and yet repeat themselves all over again suggesting something which has been refuted multiple times.
    Refuted or not, and i will agree very well thought out/valid arguments have been made, doesnt change the fact that me, in my own personal opinion wish this could have turned out better for all partys the man and animals, as stupid as it may be to hope/wish there could have been a better solution it's that hope/wish that causes us to talk about these issues rather than accept them as what happened and not even think twice about it, if that were the case thats when i would have regret about our humanity, or our lack there of.
    Last edited by grayfoxx64; 2011-02-03 at 08:18 AM.

I know what he did was a bad but in his defence he did not do it by his own, he was told to do it by his superior officer, he got trauma after it. the real problem is why he did not think that this is not something he should because it is inhumane. but the real problem is, was this better than the dogs being starved to death instead? the company that owned the dogs did not have enough money to feed them.

I still think think this is a very! sad thing to do but i dont think he had any other chose, you cant just go to the local dog kennel and ask them to take care of THAT many dogs, unless you spread them over several of course.

Wtf and he gets away with it... Someone should kill him. If it were up to me i would fucking torture him to death. lets see how he likes it.

Fucking hell some humans are so cruel, have no respect for other life at all. Really makes you wonder why humans are worth so much...

Those dogs should live in their neutral environment. They weren't created to do sled race shit for humans, like those people threat them.
    Last edited by icecreamtruck; 2011-02-03 at 02:23 PM.

Why would you post this? Now I feel like shit..

Quote Originally Posted by Emperia View Post
    I feel nothing
    Your life must suck

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    A good healthy sled dog is always in great need in northern countries in quite a few reigons of alaska alone they would be snapped up in a heartbeat, conversely quite a few of them could have been adopted out to other regions through rescue groups if they were huskies, they actually make good family dogs, it was just stupid to do this, yes they are a "business asset" but they are a living breathing animal that deserve to live and die with as much respect as possible. Cattle that are raised for slaughter die in a RAPID and humane manner to cause as little commotion as possible and it reduces costs of repairs due to damage in the kill rooms, I live in the country and I have helped kill 3 pigs and a cow at a local farmer as they were being butchered for my freezer. They were put with a tool that killed them instantly. If you haven't seen it you need to at least once if you eat meat you will appreciate that steak in the celofane at the store on the styrofoam tray in a entirely new way.
    Not flying my Sig because somebody got butthurt because I posted a question that they didn't like in they're little pet post and sicked ScrapBot on me :P

the puppy farms in QLD australia that were shut down had thousands of puppies/dogs put down due to the fact that homes couldnt be found for them. Isn't the most humane thing to do is put them down, if a home cannot be found? There can only be so much assistance from the government with money to be spent on these animals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MaGGiC View Post
    the puppy farms in QLD australia that were shut down had thousands of puppies/dogs put down due to the fact that homes couldnt be found for them. Isn't the most humane thing to do is put them down, if a home cannot be found? There can only be so much assistance from the government with money to be spent on these animals.
    Well we have a large homeless problem here in the U.S

Time to start gathering them all up and gassing them. Only humane thing to do...

There is after all, no money to be spent on that many homeless.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    So, it would be better if the dogs died from hunger, because the owner cannot maintain them?

That's the capitalism you praise so highly - you're useless = you're out.
    They're sled trained huskies. Sell them. Offer them up for adoption. Give them to a rescue agency. Take responsibility for your choice to buy 300 dogs and eat the money. Go on local TV and announce that you have 100 well trained dogs you'd like to get rid of. I can come up with about 10 better ways to handle this in the 30 seconds it's been since I read the post. Surely if you put in a good solid day or two of research you could come up with 20 or 30 better ways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tholl View Post
    Well we have a large homeless problem here in the U.S

Time to start gathering them all up and gassing them. Only humane thing to do...

There is after all, no money to be spent on that many homeless.
    The difference is that a homeless can become self-sustaining, unlike those huskies.
    Also a human is a member of my own race, and he has certain rights (and obligations, like not torturing animals), while animals do not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although I do not necessarily like the reason for putting the animals down, I have to wonder about the strong reaction from you posters. I think your strong reaction is based on the fact that these animals are viewed by you as pets and not working animals. It is not uncommon for working animals to be put down when they are no longer needed or wanted. Do you all share the same reaction when you hear about livestock being slaughtered for your meals. I understand that the animals are not the same, but the principle is still the same. Dead is dead. Just because it serves your purposes, it is alright?
    This, this, a thousand times this.

Quote Originally Posted by DrgnDancer View Post
    They're sled trained huskies. Sell them. Offer them up for adoption. Give them to a rescue agency. Take responsibility for your choice to buy 300 dogs and eat the money. Go on local TV and announce that you have 100 well trained dogs you'd like to get rid of. I can come up with about 10 better ways to handle this in the 30 seconds it's been since I read the post. Surely if you put in a good solid day or two of research you could come up with 20 or 30 better ways.
    The market for readily trained sleddogs is quite low, since you need to buy the whole pack at once. These dogs are brought up for running with their pack and that pack only. Rescue agency didn't take them - he tried. You can not give sled dogs for adoption. They would go mad about the stress of the pack being broken up and even if some could have managed to go through it, sledge dogs are not pets. As said, they are trained for running and surviving, giving these dogs in hands of a normal, untrained person means risking the health or even the life of the new owner, his/her family and those living near them. You cannot give such a demanding beasts to normal homes. And just giving them away to people whose backgrounds you can't check increases this risk tenfold, as well as the risk of these dogs ending up for even more unstuitable "homes" like puppy factories or as fighting hounds.

Let me assure you, finding a good home even for few puppies who are raised and bred to become pets is not always an easy task. Finding several proffesional dog trainers etc who have the time, money and other resources as well as willingness to take on several, extremely demanding dogs at the same time is nearly an impossible task, which would have taken a LOT more time than this man was given.

I don't like what has happened to these dogs and it makes me sad, but taken the circumstances and the other "options" (ie, starvation), death was most likely the best these dogs could be given. Don't lynch the guy, it's not like he did it for his enjoyment, simply because there were no options.

Use your time to save those who can still be saved, not randomly threatening a guy just because you didn't read the article.

15+ Year Old Account
    Locking for multiple death threats or suggestions of death and murder. Also flaming, mixed bag really.