Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer meat, but some veggies from time to time doesn't hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    <-- Omnivore that doesnt eat enough vegetables, sadly I dislike alot of them, especially salads since to me they just taste like water. I don't have scurvy yet though!

I mostly avoid meat, as it often makes me feel ill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been a vegetarian for about ten years. I take supplements to round off my diet.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should make mad this a poll. But Meat for me.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

Scurvy is a bitch. Get your C on--eat some veggies and fruit.
    "Angle of incidence equals angle of reflectance. Meaning, if you can see them, they can see you. Use the environment around you. Free yourself from the tyranny of eye-level!"--Roger Dodger i also play the git-box
    Poke THIS Robot--it's a link to MY MUSIC!--

I find the abusive treatment and living conditions of plants disgusting. How can you kill and eat it after it was forced to suffer living in the ground not being able to move? I only eat gravel.

There seem to be quite a few topics about this now. Heh.

I've been a vegetarian for about 2 years now. I tried meat once again about a year ago and it didn't taste as good as I had remembered; so I decided to stay on my 'path.' Before I decided to try my vegetarian experiment, ironically I ate very few veggies.

Veggies/Fruits/plants all the way!

Honestly though the comments in threads like these always make me smile. It doesn't matter what you eat, it matters where it comes from and what impact it has on the environment.

Hail Seitan

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ghtybv View Post
    I find the abusive treatment and living conditions of plants disgusting. How can you kill and eat it after it was forced to suffer living in the ground not being able to move? I only eat gravel.
    I find the treatment of gravel equally disgusting. It's packed so tightly that it makes a battery chicken appear to have its own field in comparison, and spends the majority of its life being trampled underfoot before being eaten - normally without being humanely killed first

Deleted
    Eat Both, Prefer Meat, Meat and Vegetables is best combo though, except for when it comes to steak, steak with pepper sauce....hmmmm....steak....

ah damned now you made me hungry!

oh boy, get ready for it

if you dont like veggies your trash not deserving to breath air, thats just my view

I can really relate to the bingo thingy. I'm going to repost something I posted earlier in the PETA threat before it got shut down, because I think it pertains to what's going on in this thread.

Atlannor
    Also, I'd like to make it known that we're not always trying to force vegetarianism down your throats. In fact, I tend to try to not tell people unless they either ask me or they're going to eat with me. A lot of people suddenly feel a wave of guilt when I tell them and rant on about someone they knew that's vegetarian or how they tried it or are eventually going to try it.
    if you dont like veggies your trash not deserving to breath air, thats just my view
    You'll win more enemies than friends with an attitude like that. Why can't we all just be friends?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veganinja View Post
    oh boy, get ready for it
    I laughed pretty good, that's almost as funny as the Walmart Bingo card.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both. But really only when paired. Mashed Potatoes and steak or roast beef and baby carrots, mmmm. Caesar salad is also pretty damn good. To all the vegetarians out there, I pose a question. Is it because you don't like meat? There has to be a reason. Not eating meat isn't good for the environment, whoever said that. And we're meant to eat animals, just like how animals are meant to be eaten by us. Not trying to bash anyone, jsut understand the reasoning.

Deleted
    For every animal you don't eat, I'm gonna eat three!

I love meat :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corb View Post
    Both. But really only when paired. Mashed Potatoes and steak or roast beef and baby carrots, mmmm. Caesar salad is also pretty damn good. To all the vegetarians out there, I pose a question. Is it because you don't like meat? There has to be a reason. Not eating meat isn't good for the environment, whoever said that. And we're meant to eat animals, just like how animals are meant to be eaten by us. Not trying to bash anyone, jsut understand the reasoning.
    That whole, "we're built/designed/created to do ______." argument is pretty weak. Look over our teeth compared to other animals, and you'll notice a few things.

Also, we're not designed/built/created to fly, explore the depths of the oceans, or go into space, and yet...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    That whole, "we're built/designed/created to do ______." argument is pretty weak. Look over our teeth compared to other animals, and you'll notice a few things.

Also, we're not designed/built/created to fly, explore the depths of the oceans, or go into space, and yet...
    We would have never gotten to this point if we hadn't started to eat meat, so I don't really find how that's a weak arguement. It actually is the truth. We have a nice teeth for chewing prepared meat, so!

What's that last thing doing there, I don't really get how that could be any way relevant to what Corb said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post

I think it's a pretty lame argument, but not so much a weak one, really. In my opinion, it's basically just going against our instincts. But instincts have't been that big of a deal for awhile since we have brains and such.

As for the not being "designed" or whatever to fly, explore the oceans, and go to space, I believe we are. Our intelligence allows us to do so. Just because we don't have some sort of natural biological mechanism for doing so doesn't mean we aren't supposed to be doing it.