Deleted

Shaman Healers and Headed South

Ok, here is the thing, we did all the meta achievements for Glory of the Cataclysm Hero 2 weeks after release except Headed South and due to our healer playing an alt we just
    got the thought to do it, but seriously this achievement is harder than any raidboss mechanic I've come across.

so here is the deal, we used a composition of me a Paladin tank, Frostmage, Survival hunter, Rogue, and a Shaman healer, and seriously Shaman healers do not have enough healing to pull through even tho we either try to kill last add first or first add first and kill it of every 20sec, there simply was'nt enough healing to deal with extra add spawning during
    p2 shoting chainlightning, boss lightning + thunder clashes to keep party up.

so we changed composition to me respecing healer (paladin again) and took in a warrior guildie tank, having shaman healer to sit out.
    and we made it after 2 tries, with shaman healer we wiped for 2,5 hours, this healer knows exactly what to do, and even more but there
    was simply not enough healing passing from a shaman healer to pull it through.

Please, if someone got any shaman healer vid to make this with, please let me know the composition of that group, cause we need to do it for him today aswell.
    I find it rather strange for me as a decent geared pally healer to make that kind of sick healing and a raid geared shaman not being able to, wich makes this
    achi one of the sickest ever.

And yes, our shaman healer are a great healer otherwise.

to be honest when I got it we had our shady priest swap to heals for it. Feral tank, boomer, Fire mage, Shadow priest (holy for fight), disc priest. Knocked each servant down to ~20%, used counterspell to move and kill the little turds near the edges so the storms were out of the way. Killed the third one to make boss active, both priests healed like mad till bouncing finished. Killed second add started burning, 10s left on debuff poped time warp and blew up the third. with as much haste and added damage we had he melted even with 2 real dps although I think bost priests spent more time smiteing at that point.

With your group may not make it to be honest, Make sure all those little adds die out on the edges or people will die with the debuff during the bouncing phase. If you can get through that with all members alive you have a good chance. If you make it through poping the second add your basicly home free.

I healed this achievement 2 weeks into the expansion so it's absolutely healable as a Shaman. I have to say that it's the hardest meta achievement though. As Merendel said, take care that all adds die outside, make sure nobody stands in the void zones and pop CDs (SWG when the boss starts kicking, Hero/BL whilst burning the boss helps healing, too etc). Glyphed Healing Stream Totem comes in handy, too.
    Also, when your Shaman is the only one who need the achievement, he's the only one who needs the debuff, too which makes it a LOT easier.
    Last edited by ChrisKoe; 2011-02-02 at 08:24 AM.

Deleted
    Well the thing is we use rogue to kick and pull out the adds to corners, using mage and hunter on boss took down the "right" order and killed of every 20sec, and nuked down the last and timewarped.

leaving him at first at 70%, but still even with add counterspelled, they cast not long after, as they are immune to silence.
    but we got all good clouds out on sides, so that was'nt the deal, the deal was the dmg the Big adds did when we nuked down the first,
    as we got chainlightnings and boss dmg, and those adds so even without chainlightnings we got more dmg than was healable.

yep he are using glyphed healing stream, and we did all those above, but still too much dmg.
    might be our composition yes, not very ideal but should still be viable. Even tho I try avengers shield on adds to bug interrupt the big adds,
    I dont know, so much going on and so much to analyze for a shitty achi :P

Would like a vid on shaman healing it tho.
    Last edited by mmoc80dbf3c0c8; 2011-02-02 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKoe View Post
    Also, when your Shaman is the only one who need the achievement, he's the only one who needs the debuff, too which makes it a LOT easier.

Wont all the DPS need debuff for the damage boost? Think so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by QuizTIC View Post
    Wont all the DPS need debuff for the damage boost? Think so.
    This. There's no way to kill the boss fast enough without the "debuff" unless you spend an hour or so taking boss down WITH shield.

Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    This. There's no way to kill the boss fast enough without the "debuff" unless you spend an hour or so taking boss down WITH shield.
    This. It doesn't take an hour, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKoe View Post
    This. It doesn't take an hour, btw.
    This is how we did it. Nuking him down to 20% before popping the shield.
    We had plenty of clouds around the platform. :x

Deleted
    2 healers, leave the ranged add up (wont spawn more until he is dead), nuke boss, around 5-10% take down the adds one by one, kill boss in 20 sec = profit

This took us around 15 min