Pvp gear and heroics

ok so my question is can u do decent DPS in heroics with pvp gear? I personally can't pull jack squat. I have my rotation down but im sonly still pulling around 6.5k deeps. any suggestions?

I'd have to suggest the obvious. Iff you are doing heroics, get the pve gear that drops from them and buy the justice rewards. Perhaps you should be doing more than 6.5k dps in pvp gear but without knowing more I don't know how else to help and can't speak for priests at all.
    "They don't like it when you shoot at 'em. I worked that out myself." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

Objects in mirrors are your elbows.

Ciarra: Draenei Enhancement Shaman

Deleted
    i do like 10k in heroics with my pvp gear and 12k+ with my pve disc gear so yeah doing heroics in pvp gear is possible

Deleted
    Pvp gear is just as good, if not better, for some classes.

Deleted
    PVP Gear in Heroics:
    DPS - OK
    Healer - sort of OK
    Tank - GTFO

WHAT pvp gear are you talking about? Ive had people (DKs and warriors mostly) do around 10-14k dps in pvp gear (352, not the 339). The higher ones hat the epic Arena weapon and we know that melees only do dmg if they have good weapons.
    Priest, I have no idea.

However on my shaman I was around 6-7k singletarget dps when I freshly turned 85 in heal gear (lots of spirit) and Im around 8-10k depending on procs and fight mechanics. If I get really lucky I do around 12k constant dmg with 334ilvl heal gear (trinkets really kill your dps).

You should consider your rotation and find a priest on your server to observe what youre doing on some 85 dummies.

Im pulling 9~13k dps in full pvp gear as DK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess its ok to use pvp gear, i did about 14k dps in my pve holy gear. I think that if you use mostly blues and some epic pvp gear you should be @ 9k atleast.

Deleted
    Especially the 4-piece bonus makes PvP gear very good for PvE. But obviously you still should aim for hitcap etc.

Deleted
    For dps, pvp gears are ok, as long as you don't wear the pvp trinket as well of course. Make sure to reforge some of the less desirable stats to hit cap and to the more desirable ones. And don't forget to enchant and gem them as well, IMO these make much more difference than they did during the end of wrath, probably because we're still in the first tier. I don't know what class you're playing but I've tried 5 different dps classes and pretty much all did at least 9k dps in 352 pvp gear (kinda miss the tb win trading now =p), so most probably it's your rotation or you not gemming/enchanting/reforging properly.

I do 13k-15k on bosses in all pvp gear except for my trinkets.

(in heroics and Baradin Hold)
    Last edited by Razorlor; 2011-02-02 at 10:01 AM.

As far as I'm concerned, there's a big difference between the honor gained pvp gear and the crafted stuff. The honor gear is actually not terrible for running hreoics in as a dps at least. The 346 level crafted gear however is not and will seriously gimp performance and shouldn't be used just to help you qualify to enter heroics early.