Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
9
17
18
19
  1. #361
    PETA? Huh????



    Brb, gotta take my 12oz steak off the grill and then feed my pet dog animals I keep confined in my house and yard for my own amusement.

    On topic and serious: Any person who would argue that an animals life is worth more, or even equal, to a human life, you should always be wary of. Even if it weren't corrupt, its still an organization of whackos.

  2. #362
    This site right here, that Kaylyyn so graciously linked to me, is a perfect example of this sort of propaganda:

    http://www.consumerfreedom.com/news_...ol-into-circus

    Please go to the site and click the links. Click the actual things they referenced. You see how all the links go to them self's and the once that go to news week, have nothing to do with the article it self. This is the sort of crap I have to believe to oppose PETA? I don't think that this will work for me. This is the same people who run the site OP posted.

  3. #363
    Warchief Tikaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,014
    Quote Originally Posted by VermillionMadness View Post
    You either have a very short memory, or you are just blindly ignoring some things.

    As spurious as those may have been, there is no way to 'turn' the fact that PETA has knowingly and intentional assaulted people before merely for eating meat and wearing fur.

    Fake Blood and flourbombing are nonlethal, but they are the definition of entry level terrorism.

    Don't support violent organizations, kids. There are plenty of better ones out there.
    Really, that's the definition of entry-level terrorism?

    Fucking high schools, full of those damn terrorists...

  4. #364
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    Really, that's the definition of entry-level terrorism?

    Fucking high schools, full of those damn terrorists...
    There is a strong difference between a prank and what PETA did. However, booby trapping, or violent humilating assault for a purpose (even among highschoolers) is in fact terrorist. The intention is the beast of the matter.
    Current Haterade® flavor: #$%@ you cherry

  5. #365
    Quote Originally Posted by VermillionMadness View Post
    You either have a very short memory, or you are just blindly ignoring some things.
    I am actually responding to the articles posted. This is reading, not remembering.

    Quote Originally Posted by VermillionMadness View Post
    As spurious as those may have been, there is no way to 'turn' the fact that PETA has knowingly and intentional assaulted people before merely for eating meat and wearing fur.
    And there is a guy who posted in this very thread, that he carries around a hunting knife and has cut up a car, which has PETA bumper stickers. Does this mean that all those who oppose PETA are like this? I guess I need to find out what groups he associates with, and condemn them all.

    Quote Originally Posted by VermillionMadness View Post
    Fake Blood and flourbombing are nonlethal, but they are the definition of entry level terrorism.
    Would this fit into your criteria of horrible action?

  6. #366

    Talking

    I just tried to watch the video in the beginning post. I normally don't like the Penn and Teller series, because I just don't like their attitude. Despite that, they always present something interesting that makes you think. But I barely made it through the first part.

    What I have an issue with is the constant association of PETA to vegetarians/vegans. Whether or not PETA is doing horrible things is not particularly my area of expertise, but I've been a vegetarian for quite a while now and I think that the first time I've ever went to their website was today as I was browsing through the posts in this topic. And all I got out of it was a video of a scantily clad woman on all fours on a couch chewing and moaning at a piece of broccoli. I lol'd.

    Also, I'd like to make it known that we're not always trying to force vegetarianism down your throats. In fact, I tend to try to not tell people unless they either ask me or they're going to eat with me. A lot of people suddenly feel a wave of guilt when I tell them and rant on about someone they knew that's vegetarian or how they tried it or are eventually going to try it.

    Sorry about the rant. It was something I had to get off my mind. I also believe this is my second post. >_<

    Edit: 6th. Hah.

  7. #367
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    I am actually responding to the articles posted. This is reading, not remembering.



    And there is a guy who posted in this very thread, that he carries around a hunting knife and has cut up a car, which has PETA bumper stickers. Does this mean that all those who oppose PETA are like this? I guess I need to find out what groups he associates with, and condemn them all.



    Would this fit into your criteria of horrible action?
    Did I in any way say that the guy with a knife was any better. No. However as an organization PETA is know for tacitly endorsing this kind of garbage.

    P.S. Since you appear to have forgotten the definition. wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=terrorism
    Current Haterade® flavor: #$%@ you cherry

  8. #368

  9. #369
    Titan Kalyyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Indiana, US
    Posts
    11,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Can you address my response, because the crap you linked, is exactly what I responded to you several times to with. Look:

    These are what I and other addressed many times and you just refused to respond to. This is NOT anything different than I already tried to explain to you, but you seem to ignore:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...dquarters.html
    http://articles.sfgate.com/2005-06-2...y-dead-animals
    http://www.consumerfreedom.com/news_...d-its-a-felony

    This is a blog, which I can write as well:
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...terrorism.html

    This is pure humor as it's a place that informs you how to donate money to large corporations, such as the meat, smoking and alcohol industries. You can actually see them mentioned on my first post and calling for people to donate money to the wealthy:
    http://activistcash.com/organization...ent-of-animals

    This is a community blog:
    http://my.barackobama.com/page/commu...oldkngt/gGxg5x

    This one is the best. This site that you claim "PETA Harassing a School!" is using it self as the source. It's a self referencing article, with the only link going to a news day article, which has nothing to do with children. It's also ran by the same people who run the OP site and the donate money to the wealthy site you linked above:
    http://www.consumerfreedom.com/news_...ol-into-circus <<< PETA Harassing a School!

    No one was harassed, unless you think complaints over the kennels treatment of animals should have been ignored. It wasn't PETA who lunched the government investigation, it has no power to do so. But, what do you expect from "Right pundits"
    http://www.rightpundits.com/?p=3710

    They are not harassing the church, unless investigating the church farm by the government is PETA harassing them. One of the links they use on their site, leads directly to the ad I posted for you earlier, as that's the actual problem the church has with PETA:
    http://www.calvaryabbey.com/id147.html

    This article you claimed "PETA sues Obama for killing a fly", said nothing of the sort. PETA used it as a publicity stunt and even sent Obama a humane fly catcher. You would have to be a lunatic to sue over a fly or not check the sources of something so ludicrous:
    http://www.frumpgazette.com/2009/06/...-as-peta-does/

    Uhm, they sued the university for it to release it's records on the treatment of animals in it's lab. What's the problem? If the university does nothing wrong, nothing bad will happen to university.
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...h-records.html



    You don't bother to read the entire article? How is any of this horrific?
    Wow, you actually read all of them? I'm impressed, cause I'll be honest, I just skimmed. Anyway, I agree with you that blogs are not a credible source. However, there are a few things that I disagree on.
    First of all, PETA and Consumer Freedom are equal in credibility. They are both large organizations with hidden agendas, and one's word is not better than the other. If I cite Consumer Freedom and you cite PETA, neither of us has a better source. At that point its just who's side you're on that matters.
    Secondly, as much flak as wikipedia catches, it is still 9 times out of 10 reliable. And wikipedia's PETA article confirms pretty much everything said on Consumer Freedom. Mind you, Consumer Freedom says it with a more hateful tone, but they aren't just making things up. They are taking actual facts and interpreting them in a certain way, just as you and I both are.
    Now, while criminal activities on PETA's part are debatable and very possibly exagerated (though, for the record I'm inclined to believe a lot of them) I feel that their advertising techniques, and many people they associate with, are wrong.
    What if I went to a school and handed out pamphlets saying "Your teachers are communists and lie to you every day"
    Well, when PETA gives kids comics called "Your Mom Kills Animals", its the same thing.

    Lastly, I would like to apologize for questioning your intelligence earlier. While I still disagree with you greatly, I was thoroughly impressed at the effort you went to in checking my sources, and now consider you to be a much more cunning opponent.
    I tip my hypothetical hat to you, and concede defeat.

  10. #370
    Quote Originally Posted by VermillionMadness View Post
    Did I in any way say that the guy with a knife was any better. No. However as an organization PETA is know for tacitly endorsing this kind of garbage.
    The point is, individual action being accounted for actions of a groups that spans 2 million users. The point isn't what he said, the point is using an individual's action to define a group.

    Quote Originally Posted by VermillionMadness View Post
    Since you appear to have forgotten the definition. wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=terrorism
    What would lead you to believe I don't know what terrorism means? I would like a definition of antry-level terrorism. In fact, I would be giddy with excitement, if you could link the full ladder of terrorism. From entry level to the graduate.

    ---------- Post added 2011-02-02 at 10:17 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Wow, you actually read all of them? I'm impressed, cause I'll be honest, I just skimmed. Anyway, I agree with you that blogs are not a credible source. However, there are a few things that I disagree on.
    Why are you still arguing if you are responding with things you don't even read. That means, it does not matter what you say, because you will not read replies or respond with anything you actually read. Everything you say is now just a biased opinion...

  11. #371
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilyana View Post
    And you would rate humans over animals? I wouldn't. How do you know if the human next to you isn't vile? isn't two faced? you don't and you never will know.
    So just assume the worst then?

    Nice way to live!

  12. #372
    Titan Kalyyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Indiana, US
    Posts
    11,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Why are you still arguing if you are responding with things you don't even read. That means, it does not matter what you say, because you will not read replies or respond with anything you actually read. Everything you say is now just a biased opinion...
    2 things you should know about me.
    1: I argue for fun.
    2: I will always take the least popular opinion and argue until thoroughly beaten. Its called Devil's Advocate, and its more fun than just repeating what everyone else is saying.

  13. #373
    Warchief Tikaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn mac cool View Post
    BRB going to get a steak to grill.
    Ask your Mom first, since you sound like a child.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •