Thread: Interrupts

Interrupts

hello,
    my question is simple, how do you deal with interrupts as a healer.

-Im using addon which tracks enemy cds on interrupts, but it seems to work littlebit inaccurately. which addons are you using?
    -Im using fake cast this way: 2 short fakecasts, like 0,2s-0,4s , then full cast. Im often kicked already in the fake cast which is, for me, almost impossible to understand. Maybe its just coincidence. whats your method?
    -Is there any way how to recognize, that ,for example, enemy mage got you in focus frame ready to use macro with counterspell?
    -any other advices are welcome.

have a nice day

If u dont have try interupt bar, and what i do as a dps when interupting is simply using my refleces, so healer cast's for 0.1-0.2 sec and ban they are interupted so try few times like this:
    Start cast stop it as soon as u start, then if they didnt use the interupt cast again and interupt as soon as you can. By this time atleast for me i have a free healing cast with no worries of interupts.

First of all there's no one to tell if someone has you as their focus target.

Fake casting is a really subtle art. Half of it's psychology so you can't ever have a "plan" for how you will fake cast. You have to read your opponents.

One of the BEST indicators of when they're going to pop interrupts is the comp. Double and triple dps are usually very trigger happy with interrupts even when you're at high health. Other comps will be much more conservative. A lot of fake casting is about knowing your own health pool and when it's not worth fake casting. You have to keep in mind that you ALWAYS want the interrupt to be blown when you have a backup CD or peel coming, so be mindful.

I would recommend dropping your interrupt addons to really learn how to fake cast. The addon can only GUESS the cooldown of the interrupt (ie the differing CD on kick with imp kick) and everything but warrior Pummel has a distinct sound effect or spell effect. Learn to spot Mind Freezes, Wind Shears, and listen for Kick/CS.

Quote Originally Posted by molinator View Post
    everything but warrior Pummel has a distinct sound effect or spell effect. Learn to spot Mind Freezes, Wind Shears, and listen for Kick/CS.
    cool idea,i have completely forgotten, that are any sounds in game that would help a lot