Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Povertus View Post
    TBH - you should go to jail.

You have no licence - You were in a accident.

I really think you should get into trouble.
    In my country you would get a huge huge fine - and they would make sure you cant drive a car ( even with a licence ) for the next 20 years.

Edit : I mean... you coulda killed a baby mon!
    thats a wee bit harsh considering he didn't cause the accident, someone else who had a licence did, which would suggest it is much too easy to get a drivers licence.

OT: you should count yourself lucky, i don't know how insurance works in america but it would not pay for it where i live.
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

15+ Year Old Account
    just be glad you didn't hurt anyone and it wasn't your fault. if anything the cop was having a good day otherwise the car is impounded, a fine and a record all before you can legally drive. remember no matter how safe you drive, stuff can happen with other drivers as you found out first hand. also when they ask what happened for insurance I'm not sure they would cover the damages since the person who is on the insurance card was not driving or in the car at the time unless you lie lol. or his insurance might pay out
    Last edited by nutty323; 2011-02-02 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Povertus View Post
    TBH - you should go to jail.

You have no licence - You were in a accident.

I really think you should get into trouble.
    In my country you would get a huge huge fine - and they would make sure you cant drive a car ( even with a licence ) for the next 20 years.

Edit : I mean... you coulda killed a baby mon!
    the plastic card don't mean anything other then some 80 year old retards said ok I see that you know how to drive.
    also he probable didnt cite you most likely cause he wasnt in the mood for the pile of paper work that goes with a unlicensed driver.

dunno how it is in the us. but in the netherlands. rules go above green/red light. so that means if you come from the right i need to let you go first. even if i have a green light and you a red.

and why are you driving with out a license?

from the looks of it. its your moms car. or at least the insurance is.

and if i let some1 drive in my car with out a license my insurance pays me noting nor someting to the other guy.

and you maybe didn't get a ticket for the lisence thing. but be warned you could still end up paying for the damage.

just get your lisence and its all fixed

Deleted
    The cop was being sound with you, due to you not causing the accident. Do yourself a favour and don`t drive until you get a licence.

Quote Originally Posted by krunksmash View Post
    the plastic card don't mean anything other then some 80 year old retards said ok I see that you know how to drive.
    also he didnt cite you most likely cause he wasnt in the mood for the pile of paper work that goes with a unlicensed driver.
    Be that as it may, it's still a law. It's easy as hell to get a license as long as you're of age. OP: go get one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, the "Plastic Card" is the only thing that says that "this person has taken the time and money to take the course to learn to drive, passed state regulated driving tests, certifying his knowledge of the traffic system, and has passed a comprehensive real-life test showing his booksmart skills are in place behind the wheel.

Not having a driver's license does not mean you do not know how to drive, and cannot function well behind the wheel. However, having one shows the responsibility of the person, and gives the other drivers on the road, a basic feeling of comfort that the person coming at them on the opposite side of the road at 50mph does in-fact know what he or she is doing.

Too many people die every day from people who don't know what they're doing. Imagine if there was no licensing process. This figure would be 10x greater. That is the reason, every responsible adult, who wants to drive gets their license.
    I had a cool sig... then photobucket ate my pics and now its borked. :/ oh wells...

One more thing , having a license doesn't mean very much , I have seen people who have a driving license for 10-20 years that drive like CRAP , and I have seen people who just got their license that drive 100000 times better , there are people who are natural drivers and there are people who are timebombs waiting to explode (just pray you are not around them when they go off) .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wvx View Post
    One more thing , having a license doesn't mean very much
    it means any insurance you have isn't totally pointless if you have an accident...

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    it means any insurance you have isn't totally pointless if you have an accident...
    When I said " it doesn't mean very much" I meant , you don't know squat about the driver who has one he might be a F1 driver or a scrub (btw I had a driver's license for 10+ years now and I can tell you that I have met all posible kinds of drivers , from the best to the worst ) .

Deleted
    I'm kinda stunned that driving while not having a license itself isn't instantly getting you punished (meaning, without having caused the accident).
    here in Germany, the mere act of conducting a vehicle without the proper license (e.g. also if you ride a motorcycle and only have a car dl) would get you fined, and probably some extra tests when you then decide to get a license.
    If you had caused the accident, you would be denied the license, probably for life.
    An acquintance of my dad's let her son practice with her car on a field road while she was in the passenger's seat. They hit a jogger - he wasn't badly injured (broke his arm or something), and she (as the car's holder) got charged with personal injury - but also lost her license (for letting an unlicensed person drive), and they BOTH were denied the license FOR LIFE.
    I find this particular punishment rather excessive, but still, driving wothout a license is one of the offenses I don't mind being pursued at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's official guys:
    Having a license means you can't kill babies in car accidents.
    Experience has shown, and a true philosophy will always show, that a vast, perhaps the larger portion of the truth arises from the seemingly irrelevant. -Edgar Allan Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Vainde View Post
    It's official guys:
    Having a license means you can't kill babies in car accidents.
    Tell that to the ones doing it .

Deleted
    Maybe the cop realised that driving without a license is a victimless crime, and doesn't actually harm anyone? (Except those profiting on issuing these cards)

Also

January 31
    A state lawmaker from Marietta is sponsoring a bill that seeks to do away with Georgia driver's licenses.

State Rep. Bobby Franklin, R-Marietta, has filed House Bill 7, calling it the "Right to Travel Act."

In his bill, Franklin states, "Free people have a common law and constitutional right to travel on the roads and highways that are provided by their government for that purpose. Licensing of drivers cannot be required of free people, because taking on the restrictions of a license requires the surrender of an inalienable right."

Just go get your license. You don't even need to take a class since you're over 18, you can just go to the DMV and be all, 'I need a temp license to learn to drive' come back after xx hours of driving practice, take the real life test and if you pass you get your pretty picture taken and that is it. It's not hard or scary, it's just pretty time consuming.

P.S. while I definitely don't condone theft, if you can't afford the driver's license you can always do what some idiot from my high school did; go to various restaurants around town and steal the tips off the tables. It's like 25 bucks. That's like 1 restaurant.

(p.s.s. the p.s. was a joke)
    Secure accounts ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    "KING VARIAN, DEATHWING HAS DESTROYED HALF OF STORMWIND, WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"Build a statue of your king."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    dunno how it is in the us. but in the netherlands. rules go above green/red light. so that means if you come from the right i need to let you go first. even if i have a green light and you a red.

and why are you driving with out a license?

from the looks of it. its your moms car. or at least the insurance is.

and if i let some1 drive in my car with out a license my insurance pays me noting nor someting to the other guy.

and you maybe didn't get a ticket for the lisence thing. but be warned you could still end up paying for the damage.

just get your lisence and its all fixed
    omg...are you stupid lol???? :S

idk where u got your licence, but when u have a red light, w/e u come from or whatever is the reason u drive through red, YOU are wrong at that point. Doesnt matter if u come from right, or anything. red light means STOP.....

Quote Originally Posted by hollandnick View Post
    omg...are you stupid lol???? :S

idk where u....
    red light means STOP.....
    I missed that one , as I was saying about having a driver's license ... having one doesn't mean you can actually drive ok.