Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The start of Cata had a lot of "Not a holy paladin" reasons..

some people are far too quick to assume that because they read somewhere on the internet that a particular class/spec is underpowered that anyone with that class/spec is either unable to play well because of their spec or chose that 'bad' spec because they suck at their class and don't know better
    usually things are close to being pretty evenly balanced, or at least to the point that a good player who knows what they're doing can perform well enough, but there's a certain kind of person who could log onto the forums and see a thread titled "are blood mages too overpowered?" and immediately vote kick anyone who's frost, fire or arcane until somebody points out that they were reading the dragon age forums and are incidentally quite stupid

Deleted
    I got kicked out of a NORMAL Lost City run once for, and I quote "using nourish? lol noob"

Evidently, all druids should use Healing Touch, regardless of how much HP the tank has, and how much incoming damage there is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Some people are just stupid, but I don't make a topic every time I see it or I'd never have time to see them
    But you do reply to topics created when a player sees another stupid player?

10+ Year Old Account
    I always lol at reasons like "Gay" or "lawlz"

Deleted
    happens with other classes too TBH
    so far i've seen:
    DK tank
    ret pally
    resto druid

all were kicked on first sight, before first pull.
    Never saw any shaman get kicked for mbeing resto though...

Deleted
    I think resto shamans are capable, in the right hands ofc but that goes for any class / spec, disc priests on the other hand though can count on a votekick from me if I see them fail usually with the comment spec holy or something in that direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wxcopy View Post
    The only encounter I know is going to be a fail for the healer is the first boss in heroic sfk, before the door gets opened. This cannot be done with a discipline priest healer.
    Any heroic dungeon encounter can be done with any healer, some might be more taxing on the mana depending on setup (last boss sfk without decurse that I encountered the other day was...harsh). -.-

OT: Also, I've seen people trying to kick people for the lamest of reasons, usually the rest of the group is paying attention so the vote doesn't pass thankfully.
    Personally I only vote kick people who randomly afk without notice or who simply cannot understand the mechanics of certain fights even after 5 wipes.. (if they haven't left already that is =D )
    Thundercunts and stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    When I play my DK tank, I hate to have Shaman healer.

I don't know, they are doing something wrong and they don't have stamina buffs.

My favorite healers priest, holy or disc I dont mind.
    My 2nd favorite healer is paladin.

BUT No, I don't kick shaman healer.

---------- Post added 2011-02-02 at 02:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    I got kicked out of a NORMAL Lost City run once for, and I quote "using nourish? lol noob"

Evidently, all druids should use Healing Touch, regardless of how much HP the tank has, and how much incoming damage there is.
    Nourish is THE spell to use...
    Last edited by reemi; 2011-02-02 at 02:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    When I play my DK tank i am doing something wrong and I don't have stamina buffs.
    Fixed it for you. By your logic, DK tanks must be doing something wrong too, cos Warrior/Pallys/Druids have stamina buffs....... (shout/kings/gotw)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitchlol View Post
    Resto shamans don't have a problem unless you're on heroic (Raid) bosses to be fair.
    they dont have problem there either ._. standing 8/13 25 HC and 0 problems
    "Veni, vidi, vici"

"I came, I saw, I conquered"

was this on alliance or horde?

Deleted
    The only encounter I know is going to be a fail for the healer is the first boss in heroic sfk, before the door gets opened. This cannot be done with a discipline priest healer.
    Lolwat? We do that with a disc healer at least a few times every week. Have since release.

i dunno, my main is a resto shammy and my alt is a DK tank... when i see a resto shammy on my group it's always easy. I don't know... but i only get scared when i have a druid on my group. :|
    ohai

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeri2 View Post
    I think resto shamans are capable, in the right hands ofc but that goes for any class / spec, disc priests on the other hand though can count on a votekick from me if I see them fail usually with the comment spec holy or something in that direction.
    Then you fail. Disc is arguably better than holy for healing 5 mans.

Also you'll probably find a lot of disc priests have a holy spec, so if you're really unhappy you could just ask them to swap.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe the OP. At all. No one seriously would kick a healer from a random heroic 5man because they are not up to par with other healers in heroic raids.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodin View Post
    This cannot be done by the disc healer you have tried it with. Perhaps they just sucked? I have been in a group with a Disc priest and it went fine.
    that fights probably easiest for a shaman, witha very low interrupt, my cousin always, ALWAYS helps out with the interrupts for that fight

i dont see how shammys are bad healers, me and my cousin have 346 gear ( im 351 ilvl ) and hes never " failed" yet, sure its harder for him to get people up to full or w/e, but least it makes him a better player by predicting oncoming damage etc

Quote Originally Posted by Shamslam View Post
    I don't believe the OP. At all. No one seriously would kick a healer from a random heroic 5man because they are not up to par with other healers in heroic raids.
    I leveled my druid to 85 and had him geared for heroics. My main is resto sham, but I wanted to try a druid as well. During the last boss in the Lost City, I held 9k hps for 10 minutes straight until we wiped. The dps and tanks were all from the same guild, and the dps were pulling 4k a piece. Survival hunter, rogue and dk. They also loved to stand in shit until I decided not to heal them anymore.

We wiped a couple times and they said I should reroll because I sucked (they said "You went OOM and we wiped because you suck."). I told them that their dps was unacceptable and no healer can heal that fight indefinitely, and the only reason they didn't kick me was because they kicked their last healer and couldn't votekick again. Their tank went afk 'until you leave, ****** crap healer' and I just updated auctions for a while until they left after about 15 minutes. It had taken 2 hours with this terrible group to get to the end of the dungeon and I wasn't about to leave and do it all over again with a new group. Got new people and 1-shotted easily; the old hunter stayed. Afterwards he apologized about what happened before and immediately left the group.

Based on this and other experiences, I wouldn't doubt that someone was ignorant enough to kick someone for the wrong reason. Every time this happens a bad player is behind it.
    Last edited by Moistie; 2011-02-02 at 03:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it can. The boss is easy as hell if people know what they are doing. There is really no need to heal anyone but the tank before the last phase. You let the ticks of "State of Execution" do the healing before that. My friend heals this with no problem on his disc priest after I explained just that.

I had a group kick a holy pally with the reason, "8k holy lights?!! WTF?!" the kick went through and I told them that were idiots and dropped group.

I've never been kicked.

If a random group is having a hard time with me as their healer, the odds are pretty low they'd have a better chance with anyone else.

So basically, I'd laugh pretty hard if I ever got kicked.