Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Wow, I can't believe this actually happens. I main a resto Shammy and constantly get compliments on my healing. Half the people in my guild can't believe how easily I can keep a group up. Granted we still haven't gotten into raiding, so this is still just in heroics. But once you get half ways decent gear, heroics are wicked easy to heal. You should never vote kick a healer without at least giving them a chance. It's just like any other role, a good player on a slightly underpowered class can be competitive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I vote no on stupid reasons. If you blindly kick yes, it encourages the stupid behaviour. Instead I click no and make it known in party that it was stupid just to embarass whoever started the kick.

10+ Year Old Account
    On my Rshaman I would make the most out of any CC the group was capable of (usually ran 2-mage +hunter) and be fine. I got my Hpaladin up to par shortly after my Rshaman was done with heroics and found it incredibly easier to not only keep people alive by healing three targets at once (beacon, PoI and the selected DPS) but my mana regen was much more "on demand" with my paladin than with my shaman (being able to use judgments for a straight-forward on demand mana replenishment) thus making it more difficult for my mana to deplete. From the looks of the next patch, this may change...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    Nourish is THE spell to use...
    I know. The group didn't -.-

Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    When I play my DK tank, I hate to have Shaman healer.

I don't know, they are doing something wrong and they don't have stamina buffs.
    Oh the irony. You are the tank class w/o the 'stamina' buff!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wxcopy View Post
    The only encounter I know is going to be a fail for the healer is the first boss in heroic sfk, before the door gets opened. This cannot be done with a discipline priest healer.
    Did this last night on my disc priest. Tank commented it was the smoothest kill of that boss he'd ever been on. He'd prepped CDs for the final phase, he didn't even need them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamslam View Post
    I don't believe the OP. At all. No one seriously would kick a healer from a random heroic 5man because they are not up to par with other healers in heroic raids.
    You're entitled to not believe me, but I'm surprised you think that people wouldn't kick a certain class/spec on sight with the state of the wow community as it is, especially combined with the increased difficulty & time investment of each heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by wxcopy View Post
    The only encounter I know is going to be a fail for the healer is the first boss in heroic sfk, before the door gets opened. This cannot be done with a discipline priest healer.

Hey pallies can do it just fine, were that OP at right now, that we just stack on everyone, holy radiance and light of dawn, supa easy

I generally like to think that unless you are a 1337 most pugs will give everyone an equal chance, no matter what class, spec, or role, to do their job. You can usually understand within the first 5-10 minutes whether a PUG will be fail, or whether any individual player is good or bad.

I guess it comes down to how much patience you have, it may well be they don't understand what they are doing, so you can either give them guidance, help them out to become a better player and see if they improve, kick them from the group at the earliest opportunity, or just 4 man it.

4 guildies were doing HOO last night. We got landed with a DK. On trash he proceeded to run in on cc mobs (1 hex, 1 sheep) and howling blast. On the first boss, even after seeing us all jump down, after instructions to "all jump left", stayed on the boss trying to DPS him, not once but twice. Even when both levers were pulled he didn't feel the urge to interupt. The next trash pack he somehow manage to deathcoil the sheep. Ptah boss was Ok. The funny thing with the next encounter, I warned in guild chat that the DK would wipe us on the next one, as mana would become a problem after he dies failing to move from the first beam. With precision timing about 15% in, he is dead. We just about managed to finish the fight losing our guildie lock. At this point we proceeded to kick him for being 'lol'. Tbh, I think we were pretty nice to have gone that far. The DK was replaced with a fail Feral Druid.

Resto Shaman here. Healing Heroics in Cata is only difficult when players don't know WTF they are doing!
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arganaut View Post
    Healing Heroics in Cata is only difficult when players don't know WTF they are doing!
    This, so true.

Quote Originally Posted by neminis View Post
    This, so true.
    Yes, yes it is. When I group with guildees that know what they are doing, things go so smoothly as resto. But as soon as i enter a pug and get the players that have obviously been there before that just do stupid stuff, it's awful. I don't think resto has near the ability to cope with people doing stupid things. Our "rescue" spells just cost way to much to rescue a dps or even a tank for that matter without it completely draining our mana.