Halfus 10 hc help plz ;)

So my raid team is getting cluse to the 12/12 mark and im starting to look for hard modes - seems halfus is the first one we sould go for, but we cant relly stack as moste of us dont have alts

The team we have is
    Prot pala / holy off
    Blood dk / unholy off
    Cat druid / bear off
    Ret pala / prot off
    Resto druid / moonkin off
    Moonkin druid / resto off
    Hunter
    mage
    lock
    eleshaman / no off
    holy pala / holy off

How sould i set this up? and what relase order and kill order do we take ? On normal mode we kill timewarden and whelps first if any of those are up - and use 2 tanks 2 healers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yjn_Fn9c_8

Our 25 kill vid, hope this might help you

Quote Originally Posted by TradePolice View Post

well 25mands videos wont help me, iv looked at a few 10mans on youtube but moste of them have wired ui´s and its relly hard to tell how meny healers and tanks thay use

I've not tried it on 10man but on 25 iirc we release 4 drakes at pull (Everything xept slate) and slate as soon as Time Warden is dead. After time warden is dead we move onto Storm Rider and then Halfus - whelps die to passive aoe. Iirc we use 3 tanks. Enhance Shaman (Myself) on interrupts, any other shaman can work for that aswell, if a resto is all avaliable he could spec into the hit talents.

I dno how much 10man groups rely on smitehealing but since you aint got a priest in your setup, i guess you'll find out soon enough

^ Smite healing is amazing for this fight. Sorry the video couldn't be of any help to you. To be honest, some of these fights (IMHO) are just easier on 25 than ten man...

Deleted
    There's simply no way you're ever going to 2 heal 2 tank HC Halfus 10man.

Most guilds seems to use either 3 tanks, 3 healers or 2 tanks 4 healers. Looking at your set-up i'd be tempted to try Druid, DK, Pala tank and Hpala x 2 + resto druid heals.

I'd have the druid tank Halfus, with the highest dodge of all the tanks he'll hopefully stack the MS slower. You'll want to release 3 drakes initally or 2 drakes and whelps. Since the Storm and Nether drakes are almost mandatory releases you get to choose between time and whelps. Releasing slate seems optional, but having drakes up when Halfus goes sub 50% is tricky on 10man because you have less CD's than on 25.

Deleted
    We found 3 healers 3 tanks to be the best setup.

3 tanks allowed us to release all drakes beside Slate on the pull without tanks getting gibbed, 3 tanks allowed us to minimize the healing lost from the MS debuff. Disc Priests do help some but are definately not mandatory.

* Make sure your tanks spread aggro among each other intelligently based on the number of stacks of the MS debuff they have.
    * Make sure your dps prioritize killing the whelps then focus one drake at the time. Kill order of the drakes after Whelps are down doesn't matter.
    * My raid group kill all drakes we activated but I've seen some having one or two tanked away from the raid for rest of the encounter.
    * If you wipe to his roar for the last 50%, try releasing the Slate dragon (and simply tank him away?).
    * We found damage taken the highest and healing done to be the lowest after the first Halfus tank swap and used Heroism at that time.
    * Have the tank with the highest non-block avoidance tank Halfus on the pull. Also make sure he/she kites him for ~10 seconds until the Nether Scion's effect has come in place.
    * A Paladin's Divine Shield or Hand of Protection clears the MS debuff. We used this to delay tank swaps and make things happen more slowly and more controlled. We cleared stacks at 8-9, depending on tank health, then swapped before 5.
    Last edited by mmoc0a04ed3db8; 2011-02-02 at 01:42 PM. Reason: missed some important key words, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    We found 3 healers 3 tanks to be the best setup.

3 tanks allowed us to release all drakes beside Slate on the pull without tanks getting gibbed, 3 tanks allowed us to minimize the healing lost from the MS debuff. Disc Priests do help some but are definately not mandatory.

* Make sure your tanks spread aggro among each other intelligently based on number of stacks.
    * Make sure your dps prioritize killing the whelps then focus one drake at the time. Kill order after Whelps are down doesn't matter.
    * My raid group kill all drakes we activated but I've seen some having one or two tanked away from the raid for rest of the encounter.
    * If you wipe to his roar for the last 50%, try releasing the Slate dragon.
    * We found damage taken and healing done to be the lowest after the first Halfus tank swap and used Heroism at that time.
    * Use the tank with the highest non-block avoidance tank Halfus on the pull. Also make sure he/she kites him for ~10 seconds until the Nether Scion's effect has come in place.
    * A Paladin's Divine Shield or Hand of Protection clears the MS debuff. We used this to delay tank swaps and make things happen more slowly and more controlled. We cleared stacks at 8-9, depending on tank health, then swapped before 5.
    thanks alot for that post that is was i was looking for

1. Release everything except Slate.
    2. Have 1 tank on Whelps + 2 drakes. He will take SERIOUS damage so chain cooldowns.
    3. Have the other two tanks rotate on Halfus and the last drake.
    4. Burn down whelps fast (a mage helps)
    4. Kill the other 3 drakes.
    5. When Halfus is at 50% release Slate and have your third tank off tank him (the tank that won't have mortal strike). We got lucky and got one stun when he would normally do roar.
    6. Interrupt shadow nova after furious roar or you die.
    7. Collect loot.

I'd say this fight is close to impossible without 3 tanks unless you have multiple removals of the mortal strike. With 3 tanks you can have one tank tanking multiple drakes and get hit for 50k/s or whatever, but at least you can heal him up again fast.
    Last edited by Pokty; 2011-02-02 at 01:18 PM.

Deleted
    3 Tanks and 4 Healers(1 being a Smite priest) makes this fight easier than the normal version. Release Nether Scion, Storm, Time and Whelps. Kill Whelps>Kill Nether Scion> Kill Storm>Release Slate>Kill Time Warden>Keep Slate Off-tanked and Kill Halfus.

We've been using this tac since we downed him a couple of weeks ago. Downing him on the first try every reset and still have about 30-40 seconds left on the enrage timer.

We got him to 200k HP with 2 tanks and 4 healers. Should be killing this week.

1. Tank A takes whelps + time, Tank B takes halfus + scion. (Tank B needs to 'kite' halfus a little and touch him only after scion debuffs halfus)
    2. Swap occurs with Halfus and time swapping hands. (We have 2 BOPs available)
    3. Whelps > Scion > Time
    4. Release Slate. So 1 tank gets Slate and another takes Halfus (rotate as usual)
    5. Save CDs for tanks on furious roar.
    6. Pallies bubble and interrupt shadow nova on 3rd wave of furious roar. Mages can blink and CS as well.

Quote Originally Posted by junialum View Post
    We got him to 200k HP with 2 tanks and 4 healers. Should be killing this week.

1. Tank A takes whelps + time, Tank B takes halfus + scion. (Tank B needs to 'kite' halfus a little and touch him only after scion debuffs halfus)
    2. Swap occurs with Halfus and time swapping hands. (We have 2 BOPs available)
    3. Whelps > Scion > Time
    4. Release Slate. So 1 tank gets Slate and another takes Halfus (rotate as usual)
    5. Save CDs for tanks on furious roar.
    6. Pallies bubble and interrupt shadow nova on 3rd wave of furious roar. Mages can blink and CS as well.
    Think you're missing a drake in that equation, hoss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokty View Post
    1. Release everything except Slate.
    2. Have 1 tank on Whelps + 2 drakes. He will take SERIOUS damage so chain cooldowns.
    3. Have the other two tanks rotate on Halfus and the last drake.
    4. Burn down whelps fast (a mage helps)
    4. Kill the other 3 drakes.
    5. When Halfus is at 50% release Slate and have your third tank off tank him (the tank that won't have mortal strike). We got lucky and got one stun when he would normally do roar.
    6. Interrupt shadow nova after furious roar or you die.
    7. Collect loot.

I'd say this fight is close to impossible without 3 tanks unless you have multiple removals of the mortal strike. With 3 tanks you can have one tank tanking multiple drakes and get hit for 50k/s or whatever, but at least you can heal him up again fast.
    This is exactly how we do it. Solid strategy.

And yes, smiting disc priest kinda owns here but it's gonna get nerfed after patch hits (to cap heals at some % of priest hp, don't remember how much). So you're probably better off killing him in a proper way.
    Last edited by mmoc8cef9639a0; 2011-02-02 at 03:28 PM.

Don take advices from 25 man because this fight in 10 man in completely diferent and wayyy harder.

I'll you what we did.

Prot Paladin
    Prot Warrior x2
    Enhancement Shaman
    Affli Lock
    Fire Mage (This one is very very important)
    Boomkin
    Smite priest
    Holy Paladin
    Resto shaman

Start by pulling Halfus and releasing Storm rider, Whelps & Scion, Kill the muthafucking whelps, Blood lust, burn storm rider, when the storm rider is almost dead, release the time warden, have the Storm rider tank tanks him, kill Scion, Killl Warden, Release Slate after first roar, kill.

Tanks wise:

It starts with one tank (Prot Pally) tanking halfus, one warrior tanking only the Scion and the other tanking whelps + storm rider.

Continue like this until your prot have 10 stacks, he should bubble and continue.

At 4-5 stacks your Scion tank taunts Halfus and the pally taunts Scion.

When the Warrior Halfus tank reaches 10 stacks, BoP him.

When he reaches 4-´5 your pally should be free, so taunt him again.

At this time the Storm Rider/whelps/Time Warden tank should be only with the Warden, si you can start rotating throug the three tanks.

From here is obvious and piece of cake.

I'll leave our video here if it helps you.

Quote Originally Posted by TradePolice View Post

Nice to see enhance shammy doing that dps

Quote Originally Posted by Vodamn View Post
    Think you're missing a drake in that equation, hoss.
    Ah you are right, we began with Scion Whelps and Storm of course.
    Then time then slate.