Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I'm sorry, but, a realm only option really wouldn't change much. People are people. They will continue to be douchebags and the such because they still have that anonymous status. Sure, you can kick them from having a bad reputation. But they just queue up again. In the end you get longer queues and that's pretty much it.
    What does Essence of the Blood Queen do? What should you do if you have it?
    Make you sparkle in the sun and gives you super strength, also changes your name to <insert name> Cullen. Bite someone.

I use lfd and I use trade to get a group together. this option won't be hard for blizzard to put together tbh. and I can see a use for it. people won't mind a longer q knowing the advantages of the group they're joining. and also it leaves the person to be Qd Nd then go about other business. archy. tb. Bgs. farming mats. things that have u unable to see trade channel at all or constantly.

Could never happen.

You know those 40 minute queues for dps, ya try 2 hours+.

The LFD tool is fine because otherwise it would take way longer to match people with other players because the amount of people in that specific queue would be substantionally less.

And hell yes people would mind longer queues. Is your head under a rock? People are already complaining about the massive wait times to say they wouldnt mind more is like saying people wouldnt mind paying more for taxes if there were more government spending.

Uh hell ya they would, how about no new taxes and we work with what we already have before we try to get more.
    Last edited by silentk59; 2011-02-03 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by savvasp View Post
    So everytime someone acts like a douchebag they have to spend 15$ to change their names ?
    you would actually be surprised how many people do this. just off the top of my head i can think of at least 6 people on my server who have paid for a name change because they ninja'd something or just acted like a complete douche and no one wanted them in their guild. one guy in particular name changed 4 times before he finally server xfered.

Go tank, kick idiots. Problem solves.

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    convenience factor - why spam trade for 45 mins, when you could queue for 45 mins and get dailies/farming done in that time
    It would be much longer than 45 minutes with such a small pool of participants. Think about it - it's 45 minutes with hundreds of tanks/healers and ten billion DPS, how long would it be with 3 tanks/healers and hundreds of dps?

you know how long the queue would be with cutting down the pool to one server? be quicker spamming chat channels

Interesting idea, however... Even though you're fine waiting a little longer for your "realm only queue", you'd suddenly make everyone else who queues cross-realm have a much longer queue, since all the "realm only" people couldn't get matched with them.

In other words, it would create longer queues for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be a nice addition indeed. Question is, how can we justify it, and how would it be implemented?

Let's say I queued up for a random heroic, no strings attached, you queue up for a random heroic from your own realm only. Let's say for the sake of the argument that we're on the same realm.

Should I under any circumstances be put in your group? Or should the people that click "realm only" only end up with others that chose the same? I would say the latter is the only fair option, but fear this would absolutely cripple it.

Forming groups in /trade or /lookingforgroup always took some time. Now, it's not really doable anymore. Why? Because we used to have everybody that wanted heroics (or 5-mans in any shape or form) on our realm and faction available. Now most people rather do randoms, or sign with guildies for the randoms. Not a lot of people wish to make themselves available to the old fashioned way of forming groups. And I doubt very many would choose the "realm only" option, for the very same reasons. Queues. And this leaves where few people for the "realm only" system.

And just to make it clear; I too want this option. My best memories from my 6 years of WoW is from 5-mans at level 60. Realm-only dungeons used to be a good tool for finding friends, building networks and so on. You got to know people on your realm better. But it seems to me like WoW is moving in the opposite direction, and a "realm only"-option wouldn't fit into the new model. I'm not sure it would be a viable solution to anything, nor worth the effort implementing it.

I think they need to make it easier to report players from other realms through the interface.
    I would also like for them to add the ability to queue into LFG with cross-realm friends (such as some of the people on my realID list)

Also in my experience players from your own realm are no more apt to be good, or to be friendly. I don't think this would address behavioral issues at all.
    They can just /ignore you and go about being a-holes.
    Last edited by UunaPriest; 2011-02-03 at 12:37 AM.

I like it, prime time you go for realm lfg, offpeak late night scramble you go for battlegroup

for those "use trade to make realm grp" as if trade is not spammed enough with guild ads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking as a tank myself, a little longer queue time for us is A LOT longer queue time for them. It's bad enough as is.
    Bad enough as it is?

Sorry but my queues are still instant.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.