Deleted

Assassination trinket choice

What trinket benefit the rogue assassination most? Currently im using Fluid Death and Key to the endless chamber, but I really cant decide about the Key... Maybe DPS boost with TB exalted trinket together with Vendetta gives more boost? Please give me your opinions.

Naniq Ravencest Alliance

Deleted
    fluid death and trinket from tolvir hc makes the best combo imo.

If you aren't able to raid for trinkets, Fluid Death and Key to the Endless Chamber. This is if you are gearing up for raids hence all of the hit.

Name EP
    [H: Prestor's Talisman of Machination] 1426.25
    [Fluid Death] 1387.76
    [H: Essence of the Cyclone] 1311.53
    [Prestor's Talisman of Machination] 1262.15
    [H: Tia's Grace] 1249.03
    [H: Key to the Endless Chamber] 1206.90
    [Darkmoon Card: Hurricane] 1180.97
    [Essence of the Cyclone] 1159.72
    [H: Left Eye of Rajh] 1158.19
    [Unsolvable Riddle] 1098.31
    [Unheeded Warning] 1010.09

Source: http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t110134-...ide_cata/#Gear

Note that the values change depending on your current EP, however it should give you a general idea of a trinket's worth. Also, the values depend on the length of the fight, so here's a time/Average-EP graph.

http://i.imgur.com/YxCHv.jpg

Source: http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t110134-...5/#post1822542

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you go to Shadow Panther it will give you different values. TBH I have done allot of dummy testing with Left Eye, Endless Chamber, Tia Grace, Fluid Death & Hurricane.

I am spell hit capped, stack Mastery after that. My own personal Testing has shown Fluid Death and Hurricane giving me my best target dummy single target DPS in 5 million HP tests. However it is close. Left Eye & Fluid is very close. Tia's and Fluid is almost pretty much equal.

Mechanically if there is a 200% bonus DPS phase or somehting like that on a boss then Use/Proc based trinkets can come out on top if you use/proc at the right time.
    In the same vein if you are ina fight with lots of switching Fluid Death/Tia's are devalued allot if you allow the proc to drop off.

But generally I do my own testing and I am running either Fluid/Hurricane or Fluid Tia.
    Last edited by Mikki1664; 2011-02-02 at 02:03 PM.

Your gear plays a part in the answer to your question, but pre-raid, I would recommend Fluid Death and Tia's Grace. You gain 720 Agi when both are at full stack (which shouldn't take long), and as long as you are attacking something at least every 15s, the stacks won't drop off. I also love the fact that both these begin stacking with your thrown weapon as well (any ranged weapon actually, but you should be using a thrown weapon for use with FoK).

Quote Originally Posted by Mikki1664 View Post
    If you go to Shadow Panther it will give you different values. TBH I have done allot of dummy testing with Left Eye, Endless Chamber, Tia Grace, Fluid Death & Hurricane.

I am spell hit capped, stack Mastery after that. My own personal Testing has shown Fluid Death and Hurricane giving me my best target dummy single target DPS in 5 million HP tests. However it is close. Left Eye & Fluid is very close. Tia's and Fluid is almost pretty much equal.

Mechanically if there is a 200% bonus DPS phase or somehting like that on a boss then Use/Proc based trinkets can come out on top if you use/proc at the right time.
    In the same vein if you are ina fight with lots of switching Fluid Death/Tia's are devalued allot if you allow the proc to drop off.

But generally I do my own testing and I am running either Fluid/Hurricane or Fluid Tia.

First of all Shadow Panther is crap and EJ should be used over it in every single situation. Second your "testing" doesn't mean anything, just because you hit a target dummy for 5 minutes and saw Left Eye/ DMC: H do more damage than Tia's or Endless it doesn't mean that'll happen in raids or if that's a common result, or that you even did the "tests" correctly; use EJ's information, it's been thoroughly tested and modeled out.

Your trinkets depend on your current stats.

Tia/Fluid is the best combo outside raids. It's debatable whether or not Key is worth more than Tia (I haven't checked/tested really).

Unsolvable Riddle is definitely not worth it over Key.

Deleted
    thx alot for those statistics

Deleted
    TB exalted trinket + Fluid death

Quote Originally Posted by Ely View Post
    TB exalted trinket + Fluid death
    Is wrong. The TB trinket is not good and is not better than Key.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meijnrr View Post
    First of all Shadow Panther is crap and EJ should be used over it in every single situation. Second your "testing" doesn't mean anything, just because you hit a target dummy for 5 minutes and saw Left Eye/ DMC: H do more damage than Tia's or Endless it doesn't mean that'll happen in raids or if that's a common result, or that you even did the "tests" correctly; use EJ's information, it's been thoroughly tested and modeled out.
    Hello little sheep. Open your eyes and read what i wrote. I mention my testing, somehting I will always use over anything else. But I also mention situations that cant be tested.

I mention shadow panther only to show that different people models are well....different. Mainly because as your stats change so do the stat weights. So stop reading EJ and following it like some drone, rememebr tey model on full heroic BiS gear? Are you that? no. So the values they apply to things are different.

I test me own choices.

As everybody else has said, (H) Tia's Grace is the best trinket you can loot until you down Nefarian (this obviously doesn't include the purchasable trinket Fluid Death).

Hello little sheep. Open your eyes and read what i wrote. I mention my testing, somehting I will always use over anything else. But I also mention situations that cant be tested.

I mention shadow panther only to show that different people models are well....different. Mainly because as your stats change so do the stat weights. So stop reading EJ and following it like some drone, rememebr tey model on full heroic BiS gear? Are you that? no. So the values they apply to things are different.

I test me own choices.
    At least try simming it with your equip instead of relying on some unprofessional dummy testing.

Remember, your DPS/Stat weights change with your raid?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

I test me own choices.
    Hello little ignorant WoW player that probably complains to people about it being his $15 dollars and he can play how he likes. You can show people another option with Shadow Panther, but make sure you leave a disclaimer that says it is less accurate and written by a rogue I would consider mediocre. And also EJ's general EP values are based on BiS gear, but you shouldn't be using that you should be testing your own gear with the Shadowcraft model.

I test me own choices.
    So you recognize that stat weights change with gear yet advocated looking at a list that uses predefined stat weights which will almost definitely not match your own in order to asses trinkets?

Also your "testing" is basically useless. It is not possible to simulate the results of a raid encounter on a target dummy. And since you don't seem to be into how modeling works, I doubt you are even using a big enough sample size assuming it was even possible to determine things based on target dummy dpsing.

By the way when he said to use EJ, he didn't say to use the stock EP values or trinket list on EJ. EJ just happens to be home to many, if not all, of the people who make the current best sheet to calculate dps and gauge gear choices.

Deleted

I test me own choices.
    Then do so and stop trying to convince other rogues to use bad methods of theorycrafting. Testing different pieces of gear on a dummy in hopes of accurate results is fatuous, different stats scale differently with buffs, whatever dps you get by using x item instead of y item will change in a raid environment