Disk Defragmenter

I have the standard windows disk defragmenter, but I feel like it is not doing the job. I will click on the defrag button and then 2 minutes later it is finished. Is there a better defragmenter program that I can download for free,?

10+ Year Old Account

Thanks, I will check it out.

Tbh the best 1 there is "Defraggler" made by the same makers than "CCleaner" if u know it its good does the job and doesnt take months to finish

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I use MyDefrag. Every other one I've tried doesn't do justice.
    red panda red panda red panda!

So many programs suggested. Right now I am testing out Smart Defrag 2.

before i had SSD raid, i used contig + gui as a defragger, and found it quite good.

read the wiki linked, there is links to both contig and the gui

edit: i am still not allowd to post links..... how many posts does it take? anyway: google contig and enter the contig wiki should be one of the first search results.

Deleted
    Perfectdisk, though it's not free.

Buy a solid state drive

To Op: Maybe it's so fast, because your disk isn't fragmented?

Defragmentation Tools aren't necessary in these days. Especially if you use Win7
    I'm not allowed to post links. so, go to www dot tinyurl dot com slash 65s9qdh (links to a MSDN-Blog)

I once found a test with different defrag-tools (can't find the url atm... ), and every tool has brought nearly the same performanceboost: 0-1%.

Oh, and if someone wants to defrag a SSD, forget it ;D This wouldn't work due to technical limits.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Oh, and if someone wants to defrag a SSD, forget it ;D This wouldn't work due to technical limits.
    It's still a good idea to defrag an SSD sometimes.

I have mine set to do a light defrag once a month, mostly to consolidate free space, keep stuff in order, etc. an SSD might not suffer too much performance wise from fragmentation, but your file system can still get killed by it (MFT fragmentation).
    red panda red panda red panda!

I 've been trying out the latest version of Diskeeper and purchased it recently. Its the best defragger I've used so far. Runs in the background and keeps the drives defragged without affecting any other operations. You could try out the demo and see.

Another excellent one is by iolo's System Mechanic Professional.
    Quote Originally Posted by shocktopuslol View Post
    pokemon stadium, digletts scare the fuck out of me