Atramedes 10m reg - Sonic Breath buggy during air phase?

Was wondering if anyone has experienced this problem on Atramedes.

He casts Sonic Breath (the fire that he shoots at a single person that follows them that they have to run out of) during both air and land phases, but during the Air Phase it follows you until a gong is hit. However, some classes are very good at evading this and can go for a long period of time without needing a gong smashed for them. However, several times during our attempts Sunday the person being followed would be running for an extended period of time, no problem, nowhere near the flames, when suddenly they would just die. It was as if they were kiting it "too long" and the game bugged out and decided they needed to die anyway. Here is a combat log from one of those deaths:

[G]: -4.78 - (Health: 121154 (100%)) Healing Stream Totem <Grinman> Healing Stream Totem Victorio Tick +647 (647 overheal)
    [G]: -3.15 - (Health: 83819 (69%)) Atramedes Sonar Bomb Victorio Hit -37335 (8665 Absorbed) (Arcane)
    [G]: -2.72 - (Health: 87561 (72%)) Picapon Rejuvenation Victorio Tick +3742
    [G]: -1.82 - (Health: 62166 (51%)) Atramedes Devastation Victorio Hit -25395 (Fire)
    [G]: -1.34 - (Health: 36762 (30%)) Atramedes Devastation Victorio Hit -25404 (Fire)
    [G]: -0.85 - (Health: 11892 (9%)) Atramedes Devastation Victorio Hit -24870 (Fire)

[G]: -0.52 - (Health: 15635 (12%)) Picapon Rejuvenation Victorio Tick +3743
    [G]: -0.39 - (Health: 1 (0%)) Atramedes Devastation Victorio Hit -24925 (Fire)
    [G]: +0.00 - (Health: 0 (0%)) Victorio dies.

This warlock was kiting the fire just fine, he was nowhere near the flame breath following him, when suddenly he just died. This happened to one of our druids too that was running in cat form. After this happened a few times we decided we would just smash the gong after they had been kiting awhile to play it safe and this worked. Does anyone know why this is happening or what we can do to avoid this?

Devastation is the ability cast when a raid member fills their sound bar fully. I guess the one who's followed get an increasing amount of sound or something, so you should probably continue gonging like you do.

Devastation and Sonic Breath are completely different abilities. Devastation is a spell which Atramedes cast to obliterate players with 100% soundlevel. Deadly Boss Mods or addon called Atramedes is useful for raid leader or ppl who is doing gongs, so he can know how´s others soundlevel.

15+ Year Old Account
    You should use 1 gong in the air phase regardless so you can reset everyone's sound to 0. That's the point. It looks like your kiter got hit by a sonic wave while kiting and hit 100% sound and was then killed by devastation. Were they taking damage occasionally while kiting? If so they were gaining sound. Otherwise they were already high on sound when the phase started.

Also make sure whoever is kiting the flame already isn't the one who hits the gong. It won't reset their sound.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Thanks for the replies - it must be that their sound bar was already full when they were being followed with Sonic Breath and that's why they got obliterated.

Also I didn't know that the gong hitter's sound didn't get reset - thank you

I am the raid leader, but I am also healing (holy priest) and hitting gongs so I'm finding it a bit unmanagable to watch everyone's sound, hit gongs at appropriate times, call out who is being followed by Sonic Breath, all while healing the raid up. I think I'm going to have someone else watch people's sound and call out when someone is high (>80 or so)

I have a follow up question as well: For 10m, we are having all the ranged stack up like they do in the vids/strats for 25m but I've read in 10m you can spread out as well. What is everyone's opinion on this? I find it to be hard because ranged DPS get out of range of healers and I am specced into Body and Soul so only the ranged DPS within range of me would get the speed boost
    Last edited by Azrok; 2011-02-02 at 03:44 PM.

Well Atramedes uses the spell Devastation for 1 more purpose - to destroy the gongs which were used, so when you use the gong, get the hell out of there before he destroys the gong :-) 5-10 yards is enouh :-) We are stacking ranged/healers on one side of the boss and melee on another and it just works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Also make sure whoever is kiting the flame already isn't the one who hits the gong. It won't reset their sound.
    100% sure on this? I know most of the time if I hit the gong it would then target me, however I am pretty sure I would see my sound reset.
    About EP:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldriana
    With the usual caveats about these numbers being based on a specific set of gear which probably isn't what you're using, such that these answers will be approximately right but not exact
    Vanilla: 60 Shaman
    BC: 70 Rogue, 70 Druid
    Wrath: 80 Druid, 80 Paladin, 80 Shaman, 80 Rogue
    Cata: 85 Rogue (Holmés), 85 Priest (Naclwater)

Quote Originally Posted by Azrok View Post
    I have a follow up question as well: For 10m, we are having all the ranged stack up like they do in the vids/strats for 25m but I've read in 10m you can spread out as well. What is everyone's opinion on this? I find it to be hard because ranged DPS get out of range of healers and I am specced into Body and Soul so only the ranged DPS within range of me would get the speed boost
    We do our 10m with ranged tightly stacked on a marked individual who calls out which way he's going to avoid the sound disks. While spreading out works as well, it has a tendency to make the fight more chaotic than it needs to be. Likewise, loosely stacking just spreads out the disks for no reason as there aren't enough of them in 10m to be an issue to a tight stack of people.

As far as gongs you might want to try having someone a bit more mobile hitting them (shaman, mage, rogue), especially in the air phase. The goal is one gong per phase and if someone runs out of options during air and forces an early gong you'll be kiting for a very long time.

Lastly, you've got 3 extra gongs if the fight goes the usual 6-7 min. Get the 'Atramedes' mod as previously mentioned and use these extra gongs if anyone gets about 60% sound or so. Note that the mod also works for tracking corruption on Cho'Gall so it's really a mod worth having.

What Shike said. Stacking up tightly helps a ton for healers. Azrok, my guild's healers had the exact same issue as your's when we learn the fight. In the end we marked a healer and had everyone stack on her every time.

Quote Originally Posted by junialum View Post
    What Shike said. Stacking up tightly helps a ton for healers. Azrok, my guild's healers had the exact same issue as your's when we learn the fight. In the end we marked a healer and had everyone stack on her every time.
    That's what we are doing. I mark myself with moon and everyone stacks on me. When he does the Sonic Breath, that person runs right and all of us move left (and then shortly afterwards we move back to where we were). Also during the air phases we manage to use only one gong (the first person getting followed) because the air phase ends while the second person is being followed

And yes I definitely have the Atramedes mod installed, I think everyone in raid does (at least they should)

Thanks again for replies. If you have any more helpful comments feel free to post. We did manage to down it Sunday on the last attempt

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ruzhy6 View Post
    100% sure on this? I know most of the time if I hit the gong it would then target me, however I am pretty sure I would see my sound reset.
    You're correct, if the flame is chasing someone else. If you are targeted, kiting and close to dying and click the gong it won't reset your sound. It will save your life though you'll probably be entering the next phase near 100 sound.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222