Deleted

Tips for Chimaeron

Hi,
    I am encounting several difficulties on Chimaeron and how to heal on this boss. Any tips for this boss or a healing guide i would really apreciate it.
    Thnkx

Deleted
    No need to top off people on phase 1, just get them above 10K health, with the tank being the exception.

Bring a holy priest (PoH, CoH) and/or a pally healer (LoD, HS) for group healing. Our shammy and druid healers ran into mana problems keeping the raid up.

first of all, are your tanks switching for the double strike? if so (they should be)you only need to heal the maintank to 10k after each hit he/she takes(since the swing timer is roughly 5 seconds you have plenty of time even with the full debuff on the tank)and not everyone needs to be topped, just above 10k, they only need major healing during fued, make sure you a about 8 yards away from everyone else, last phase, dont heal you cant its not possible to heal that phase, just dps

Hi there. I have successfuly healed 10 man Chimaeron as Holy.

We had a holy pally healing the tank/OT and myself and a resto shammy on raid healing.

1. I set Grid to show an icon for Low Health people (Low Health is the actual name of the debuff that people get when they are under 10K). This allowed me to quickly see who was under 10K and who wasn't.
    2. I took one group and the shammy took the other so we didn't overlap heals.
    3. During phase 1, I stayed in single target (Serenity) chakra for insta cast HW: Serenity. (AWESOME spell for this phase).
    4. I used binding heal when myself and someone else were under 10K, Heal if only one person in my group was sub-10K and HWS was on CD
    5. After Massacre (when everyone is at 1HP), I PoH'ed my group and CoH'ed the other to help the shammy.
    6. Fued phase - have a Lightwell near your collapse in spot on the tank and tell people to use it when they collapse in
    7. Get into Chakra: Sanctuary just before this phase and spam the heck out of PoH to top people off when they move in, keep CoH on CD and throw down Sanc if you like
    8. On the collapse in, he only does 3 poison bolts before you move out again so after the 2nd poison bolt, make sure that everyone has 40-50K HP (enough to eat the last bolt and still be over 10K) - Anything over that is wasted healing
    9. I also helped to keep our OT (the Double Strike tank) topped off at all times.

If you're Disc, the strat is probably pretty much the same minus the use of Chakra, Holy Words and LW of course... And using PWB during the collapse in phase is awesome from what I've read although you should work out a CD rotation with your other healers so you're not overlapping CDs.

EDIT - What exactly is it that your group is having problems with? Are people dying before getting back over 10K? Are people dying during the Fued phase? Or losing a tank or something?
    Last edited by Hugitout; 2011-02-02 at 04:49 PM.

My 25man healing chimaeron tips:

- This fight is testing your reaction time. The faster you get to your group, the better. HPS don't matter at all. Longevity does.
    - On 25man, I suggest at least 8 healers. Do not be afraid to go up to 9. As your healers get more gear, this number can be lowered. 9 healers make this fight trivial. We respecc a lot of dpsers on this fight.
    - Make preparations assigning 2-3 healers on the tank, and one healer per group.
    - Ensure that all the groups are spread out in range of their respective healer.
    - Excess healers can just help out wherever. it makes life a lot easier for everyone to have at least one excess healer.

- Waiting for the buff can often cost lives. This is a reaction fight. Anything that can save you reaction time is a win.
    - The buff often happens 0.3-0.6 seconds after the person takes damage. That's way too long to wait!
    - If you are using grid, get the addon that shows a dot on people < 10K HP. This is different from just making a dot on people who are debuffed!
    - If you are using pitbull, you can program the text field to show HP in a different color if < 10K. Does the same trick.
    - Other addons: no idea. Try to figure something out. Or deal with it

- Priests should where possible be assigned as one of the group healers. Prayer of Healing is just that good
    - Holy priests: use Serenity as a holy shock. It can easily take a player > 10K if you have test of faith.
    - if more than 2 people in your group is below 10K hp, use a PoH
    - If you are hit, use a binding heal to heal yourself and a target. it's mana efficient!
    - Doubly so if you are in the group you are healing.
    - Otherwise, use flash heal. I almost never use anything else to get people up. Heal is just too slow to be considered!!
    - Using all that flash heal also makes your PoH's faster. This can really save lives.
    - If none of your groupies are hurt, help out the other healers. A non-priest having 3 <10K people in his group WILL need help fast.
    - If you have nothing better to do, help out the tank healers. This is where you can relax by casting heals and conserving mana.

- Try to anticipate the Massacre. If possible, you should be able to land a PoH around a second after it hit everyone
    - It really helps to have someone call out 5 secs before a massacre is about to hit. That means you should do anything in your power to heal everyone up when you hear the call. Anyone not yet healed in 5 secs are DEAD.
    - Sometimes, the boss is mean and throw damage around in around 2 seconds before the massacre. Reactions saves the day!

- When gathering up, try to assign cooldowns. There will be 4 or 5 gather up phases depending on the DPS you have. We usually plan for four, and let the DPSers bandage/healthstone themselves on the 5th if it happens.
    - Tranquility is amazing on this fight, but Divine Hymn kicks ass too
    - Lightwell is awesome on the stackup phase.
    - Make sure that all druids and priests have an assigned phase, including ferals, boomkins and shadowpriests.

- The hardest part of the fight is to last long enough. Make sure to cancel flash heals if you don't need to land it anymore
    - Use that shadowfiend, manapot and whatever you can
    - Try to sync up on the Hymn of Hopes
    - Having 1-3 Resto Shammies around really help on your longevity

- Once you hit the second phase, healing is pointless. at this point, you should be nearly oom anyway.
    - Smite, mindspike, wand - whatever it takes to help out
    - Use a Body & soul on the one having aggro. Any second saved makes a difference.
    - Shields are very worthwhile in P2, this especially goes for disc.
    Last edited by Danner; 2011-02-02 at 05:29 PM.

I have healed it twice on 25 man with the top guild on my server (alliace side).

TLDR: The trick is allowing your PoH to hit all 5 people. If you are, for instance, healing the melee group it becomes VERY simple to heal. If you are having trouble, this is the sure-fire way to do this fight. If your PoH cannot reliably hit all 5 people, then you want to use fast heals.

Whenever 1 single person in your group you're assigned to heal drops to 1 hp, cast PoH. Thats all. One PoH should do it. When massacre is announced, I usually hit PoH then instantly CoH to help any other people out with healing. If you are assigned to a group where PoH cannot hit reliably, it becomes significantly harder:

If massacre is announced, and 1 person in your assigned group goes to 1 hp, instantly flash heal. If two people go to 1 hp, then you really got to rely on your other healers, or hope that you can react superhumanly fast, and hit 2 flash heals before massacre. If you get 3 people to hp when massacre is announced, you have no other option, you need to PoH. If in the rare case you are in the group you are healing, and you have 1 hp, and someone else has 1 hp right before massacre, you want to binding heal.

I hope this helps

I play a priest as well and on our first attempts we had alot of problems keeping the slime people up but what I found was crucial even though it'll hurt your mana a bit are fast inneficient heals like flash heal, healing surge, flash of light, etc... If it's 10m, assign 2 healers, 1 to each group to have the responsibility of getting people above 10k and the other healer with tank duty. Using flash inneficient heals can lead to mana problems but you need to take advantage of everything you can get as far as mana cooldowns go, use hymn of hope after you finish topping off your group to regain mana, call out for innervates from ferals, make spriests use hymn of hope, mana pots. etc...

^ same strategy for 25 but RNG can screw you over

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    My 25man healing chimaeron tips:

- This fight is testing your reaction time. The faster you get to your group, the better. HPS don't matter at all. Longevity does.
    - On 25man, I suggest at least 8 healers. Do not be afraid to go up to 9. As your healers get more gear, this number can be lowered. 9 healers make this fight trivial. We respecc a lot of dpsers on this fight.
    8-9 Healers just feels like overkill, considering we did it first time with 6 healers, and were getting close with 5, but failing because one of the healers was horribly undergeared. The way you can get by with fewer healers is very strict assignments, which was basically one healer per group for the Caustic Slimes, and methods to allow other healers to help out as they could. This basically boiled down to me never getting help (since I'd Heal if I only had one, and PoH or BH if I had more than one in my group, so it was never more than a single cast), and then I'd work bottom up on the group with the most low health targets, while the other healers would work top down. And I'd always work from one side when hitting up PoHs after a Massacre, and I'd usually get 3-4 groups above 10k before the next set of slimes went out. The other advantage of having fewer healers is a shorter fight because we'd only see 3-4 Feuds instead of 4-5

The only hard part with fewer healers is managing the Feud, but appropriate handling of cooldowns helps a lot. We had one Disc Priest specifically for PWB which we would use on the first and third Feuds, and then we'd work out Divine Hymn and Tranquility ordering to make sure we had enough coverage.

I've also healed it on 10-man, and I have to say I think it's quite a bit easier there because there's fewer cooks in the kitchen and, as a Holy Priest, I could easily handle Massacres all by myself. We used the same method for handling Slimes too which also worked a lot easier because it was patently obvious who to help.

It's totally overkill with 9 healers. But it really makes it trivial.

We suffer from a few healers that aren't very reactive. And a few druids that don't really enjoy to use fast heals at all, insisting on healing like in WoTLK. So... more healers. Solves everything

So you put your Druids (and Discipline Priests) on tank healing, and have the Paladins raid healing

Anyways, on 25 man, one suggestion I can make to a lot of Priests:

Don't use Serenity on Cooldown.

With strict assignments, you can manage a lot of caustic slime with just Heal.

If you're midcast already, and a slime goes out, you want to Serenity or Flash Heal on that but generally use Heal where you can get away with it [size=1](unless you think haste is terrible and Heal is useless, amirite? Go go 12.5%! Oh, wait...)[/quote].

But, Danner, I've never had issues with going off the damage or the debuff, and hey I run the basic BlizzFrames.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    I have only attempted this fight 3 times I think (it was the boss we were on at the end of raid time) and while we got him close we didn't down him that run.

I'm Disc and was assigned to keeping the tanks up (this was a 10-man and our other healers were a holy priest and a shaman), so if that happens again I wouldn't mind some pointers.

What is the incoming damage like on the tanks and where should their health be kept?
    Does the 2nd tank need to be at full health before they taunt off? Does the current tank need any more than the 10k minimum while he's tanking?
    I felt like I was panicking trying to keep them both as high as possible.

Deleted
    From my personal experience as a holy priest I use CoH off CD and that is mostly it, unless 3 or more people in one group get his at once, then ofc I'd use PoH. I normally conserve mana and let other healers top off the raid until the bot goes offline, then it is time to pop Lightwell > PoH > Sanctuary and PoH spam each group in succession. Then its just repeat..it seems lazy but we perform best during the Feud phase anyway, while other healer classes are way more suited to a quick yet small top up.
    edit: forgot to mention I mainly do it on 25 man..so 10 man may be VERY different.

Paladin healer here in 10man raiding.
    my holy light and your Heal should be healing around 9-10k. if you figure out a way to allways have your heal go for 10k or slightly more you will only need to spam /heal on the 2 targets (10man) that gets hit now and then and then just ask for some step in heals on the massacre. As a holy paladin with 360 ilvl equipped my holy light noncrits for 10.5k and i have no problems with healing steady throughout the fight. i usuallly have my aoe heal ready for each massacre so that helps alot.

for 25man im quite clue less but the biggest advice i can give is put out designated healers. in 25man ur running with 6/7 healers. put 1 healer on each group and 2 healers on the tanks. i believe paladins are the best healers for the tanks and they can use their aoe heals for every massacre and even use them at different massacres and u got even more awesome raid healing through massacre.

We are one shotting it now. I used to wipe the raid everytime with this boss but now am doing just fine... tips from me

1. Be in the same damn group and have guild assign you near your groupies.
    2. Binding heal, binding heal, binding heal... Keeps you out of trouble.
    3. Make sure Caustic Slime shows up on your bars as this is a HUGE aid in healing the right targets.
    4. Make sure you can see HP numbers, NOT percentage... as 10k is the golden number.
    5. PoH during massacre.
    6. Keep a lightwell near your party members.
    7. Work from the bottom up or top up on your bars so you don't ever miss anyone.

And Chakra Smite when he hits 20% is soooooo much fun

Signature made by Resentful!

Chateau - 85 Holy Priest - Doomhammer - Goodwill Gamers

Quote Originally Posted by Magister View Post
    No need to top off people on phase 1, just get them above 10K health, with the tank being the exception.

Bring a holy priest (PoH, CoH) and/or a pally healer (LoD, HS) for group healing. Our shammy and druid healers ran into mana problems keeping the raid up.
    Druids are quite bad at keeping people at 10k or more, their healing touch is a bit too mana drainging and druids are more efficient as tank healers. atleast in 10man where the Main tank only needs to be at 10k+ constantly and the OT only has to be at 110k+ when the double attack hits, it's alot harder for resto druids at current patch to do fast steady heals that fit for chimeraon fight.

Deleted
    I find Chimaeron easiest to heal when your group is spread out around you.
    Then cast Prayer of Healing on yourself, and it should hit everyone in your group and normally gets everyone above 10k.
    Binding and Flash heals are very good for healing people up after they drop to 1 HP. If you find yourself, and someone else in your group are at 1hp, Binding Heal. If its just one person, flash heal is great. They're both really fast so if you're watching for who's health is low, and make sure you react quickly, then nobody should die.
    Circle of Healing is great for helping out other healers, as it'll hit the people with the lowest health. If someone hasn't been healed up to above 10k yet, this should get them there. :]
    During Feud, everyone will obviously be grouped up. Pop your PoH Chakra, keep PoM on CD, and spam the hell out of PoH. If you've got a nice amount of mastery, it works great here. PoH group one, then two, then three, etc etc. The mastery from Prayer will heal them extra while you're casting on the next group. Whereas if you spam it on the same group, then the mastery Hot will be replaced with a new one from the new PoH even though the old one hasn't expired.
    I tend to pop Lightwell during the 2nd or 3rd Feud. Next to where everyone groups up.
    My raid leader always "maps" who's healing CDs will be used when. Eg, first Feud, my Divine Hymn, another druids Tranq. Then Feud 2, Power Word Barrier, a different druids Tranq. Something like that. It works pretty well, because people don't blow their healing CDs on the same phase, so there's always a CD to make healing a little easier each Feud.

When he hits 20%, pop your Chakra, and smite the boss to death. x3 Use fade effectively in this phase. Watch his aggro table. If you're next, run as far away as possible and just before he gets to you, fade. The idea is to kite him around the room and keep him running as much as possible, so there's more time for DPS.

Iv healed this fight successfully a few times now (10man). I run as disc, healing with a Shaman and Druid. We keep the Druid on the tanks and the Shaman on our tank/melee group (group 1). During Double Strike the shaman is charged with keeping the MT at 10k+ while druid heals OT back to full.

I'm assigned our range group (group 2). I stand right in front of the boss's face (before its engaged) and have all our ranged spread out around me. Pretty much all i do for phase 1 is bounce PoH off myself whenever 2 or more people are hit with the green spell (cant remember its name hehe).

I find that with the glyph and with me casting almost non-stop (or at least winding up a PoH just before he casts) I'm able to keep my group up above 10k with just one PoH (even during masacre). If only one person needs a heal I Penance them (less mana, faster cast). Occasionally I will need to use FH (maybe 3 times a fight if that) if i have gone and used penance on group 1 to help out shaman and I don't have the time to wind up a PoH before next green spell (what ever its called hehe). For Fued, I alternate Barrier and PI as well as AA. With my fiend, Mana pots and rapture I'm very close to OOM by the end but we do get the kill =D.
    Last edited by Serraphis; 2011-02-04 at 07:24 AM.

In 25man our strategy is pretty simple. We had 3 paladins (but its not needed tbh ;d), 2 hpriests, shaman, and druid (not our usual group because some people didn't show up). We assign 1 group for each healer to heal people more than 10k. Groups assigned to holy priests were spread around them so poh would heal all of them. Basically use binding heal, because it have the same cost as flash heal and there is always chance that you will get hit before binding heal land (happens to me twice last night). if you have more than 3 people hurt use poh, on faud spam poh/coh/pom. Dont forget to refresh lightwell (my guild finally learned to click it on this fight!)
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.