Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    As a healer I courage prot paladins to use their wog when they feel like it. They don't have to if they can't, but I'm sure as heck not going to get pissed off by any overheals or some crap like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Although from a healer's standpoint I'm happy to hear tanks being more lenient with 2-min and lower CDs and healing themselves, which I do myself all the time when I tank anyway. I know how healer mana is a problem for people starting to get geared in the new content and I would welcome a self-healing and CD-popping tank, I know the healer would appreciate it if I did it.
    I think everyone should be required to heal before they tank, and tank before they dps. That way, everyone gains an appreciation for what other members of the party are doing. A tank will be much less likely to rambo a couple groups of mobs when he knows exactly how hard it is to heal him through it. As a healer, I always followed exactly what the tank said to do, as a tank, I always do exactly what the healer says. It is all about the comfort of the key members of your group (sry dps, y'all are sol). If a tank tells me to stand in a certain spot, it is most likely because he knows that doing so will give the group the highest chance of success. If I ask if we should do a certain boss and 3 dps say yes and the healer says no, I will most times skip that boss because (i would hope) the healer has a good reason for not wanting to do it.

Think nothing of it, that healer was just stupid ....

Self healing is mandatory at 85. Also, at lvl 74, HE CANNOT lack mana or he's doing it wrong, plain and simple.

The only point I'd say is that you ''could'' go faster by just using your holy power for damage instead of heals if your healer can keep you up without lacking mana ever. But it's in NO WAY a reason to get pissy...

I remember this one time, I was running Hellfire Ramparts on my death knight. And we had a pally tank, and I think it was a priest healer. Well, the healer was for some reason barely healing the tank and letting him get very low. So, the tank tried healing himself whenever it was possible.

Every time he did that, the healer spazzed the fuck out and was like "OMFG UR NOT THE HEALER STOP HEALING URSELF OMFG OMFG" And he proceeded to do that every time, all the while barely healing the tank. Then he raged about how we were bad, and it was just like, what? I think he ragequit because we were telling him that the tank wouldn't need to heal himself if he actually did his job... Yeah, I don't know. It's ridiculous.

And what's wrong with losing a bit of mana for overhealing? All you have to do is drink, he was just being bitchy. I say ignore it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, I love my WoG's. I get compliments, not insults. But Ive never had a Healer complain that I'm wasting his mana...

I thought the point of our WoG's was to help out the Raid/Party by saving the Heals some mana.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    In lower level dungeons (I haven't done any Wrath content in a while) healing is very boring. I'm currently leveling a Paladin as prot and holy dual spec and I queue for whichever I feel like doing. I usually only have anything to do as a healer on boss fights or if the tank is bad. When I'm tanking I never use WoG unless it is absolutely necessary to survive, but 90% of the time the healer is just as bored as I would be. It costs too much mana to spend much time casting Exorcism because I'm not spec'd for it, so when the tank finally does take some damage it's pretty frustrating when he/she blows 3 HP on a WoG instead of a SoR or a druid uses ER instead of spending his rage on damage that would make the mobs die faster.

It kind of annoys me right now, but I don't ever say anything about it because I'm over 85% mana at all times regardless. My main is a feral druid and I know the importance of using cooldowns and self heals appropriately in heroics, so if the tank wants to learn to be self reliant at 55 I'm not going to try to stop him.

Quote Originally Posted by P4R45171K View Post
    You more or less got the pissy child, granted I would not appreciate the tank saying over and over WoG WoG WoG WoG as I'm sure you wouldn't. Pissy child because any healer knows WoG doesn't take mana >.>
    I think you're misreading his statement. Prot paladins are able to heal themselves with WoG. He's not asking the healer to WoG him. The healer is complaining because the tank is healing himself with WoG, thus wasting the spell that the healer would cast (Holy Light/Divine Light/etc).

To the OP, I'm a healer and I appreciate free heals from any source. The healer in question just needs to watch your health pool a bit more closely and learn to cancel spells.
    Last edited by Vindir; 2011-02-03 at 04:27 AM.

Ignore him. As someone else has replied already with the same info... Your health pool will be pretty low at the moment... probably around 15k to 17k health..

The priest is probably casting a heal on you that would top you up... then you hit your Word of Glory and he thinks he's now wasting his mana. The way you are tanking is correct... and when you start doing heroics in Cataclysm your healers will THANK you for using a full power WoG.

It sounds to me that the healer you had needs to re-evaluate how tank healing works since 4.0.1

This was just a little kid, dont mind him

At lower levels, WoG can heal a tank alone if he pulling a single pack. Pull a bit more if u want to self heal because healers are bored. At 61 i tanked with self heals Ramparts along with 2 dps. They were quite frustrated why i didnt queue for more. More xp, the better. At 64 i was able to solo UB.

At max level isntances, WoG like there is no tommorow. Shield only when there is threat problem. With my priest, i found a 180k hp buffed pally hard to heal. Next day a 145k hp one joins. I was like we are doomed. But that guy used his self heals(he did 3k hps at one boss i think) and cds and the run went smooth. A bit spike damage, not other problem. You cant imagine how much healers appreciate self heals.

Imo the healer was wrong. I understand he was bored but still he was wrong. Imo start pulling more groups so you keep the nice habbit of self healing while the healer isnt bored. Make sure that those mobs dotn disarm or stun a lot as they will cut your HP regen.
    English is not my native language and i type fast. So bare with my typos, like "jsut".