Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ghosts don't exist. better luck next time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    What you wrote could be a ghost or could be logical explanations, we need evidence on camera - Good Luck
    How do you rationalize there never being definitive proof of ghosts on camera and your belief in ghosts? If he gets definitive evidence of a ghost, it will be the first of its kind. But, most likely, it will end up just like every single other claim of ghosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kheng View Post
    I can't vouch for either of those. I have seen ghosts though. I don't do drugs, I don't drink, I don't have any mental problems physiologically or psychologically. I've seen them in the light of day and the darkness of night, at home, at other peoples houses. Not every day, not every year, I have just seen them.
    Oh bullshit. Ghosts aren't real. Fact is always stranger than fiction. Sleepwalking and people living in your house-- it's all happened before. Ghosts haven't, and never will. The people who write these things saying they saw ghosts or saw a TV thrown are lying and are trying to get attention and reactions.

If i were you, i'd turn myself into a ghost and kill the ghost while your in ghost form, then go back into your body and be alive again

Another thread devolved into a flamewar where Footlocker Managers tell you that your spiritual beliefs are wrong.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jecil View Post
    If i were you, i'd turn myself into a ghost and kill the ghost while your in ghost form, then go back into your body and be alive again
    Sounds logical, I see no flaw in this plan.

But, who do ghosts exist in some form in almost every culture? I consider that some kind of proof for why they do exist. What scientific evidience do you have for why they don't exist?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Another thread devolved into a flamewar where Footlocker Managers tell you that your spiritual beliefs are wrong.
    Well, to be fair, there is a lot of hypocrisy in the religious realm.

Cosmic zombie carpenter = totally real.

Zenu and his Galactic Confederacy = totally bogus.

. . .

Sorry, back on topic, there's no such thing as ghosts. It's all in our heads.

I'm guessing sleepwalking. About the clock i'm pretty sure you threw that in your sleep as i do the same with objects at times and it doesn't wake me up even though im a very light sleeper. As others have suggested, put up some hidden cameras preferably at strategic locations in the house. Wouldn't want whomever is doing this to avoid obvious cameras now would you.

Ignoring your mother in law will not make her go away John.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aniza View Post
    But, who do ghosts exist in some form in almost every culture? I consider that some kind of proof for why they do exist. What scientific evidience do you have for why they don't exist?
    How many different cultures around the world believed in the existence of dragons?

How many cultures believed the world was flat? Or was the center of the universe? Or that sun revolved around the Earth?

Belief =/= Fact

Deleted
    Ghosts N Stuff

Faulty wiring since nearly every problem you mentioned is electricity related.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    Well, to be fair, there is a lot of hypocrisy in the religious realm.

Scientology is stupid because it's based on science fiction and you have to pay huge sums of money to be allowed to believe in it.

inb4 "lolbutthebibleisfictiontrollface.jpg"

Sorry, back on topic, there's no such thing as ghosts. It's all in our heads.
    Annnd you know this...how?

---------- Post added 2011-02-02 at 07:41 PM ----------

How many different cultures around the world believed in the existence of dragons?

How many cultures believed the world was flat? Or was the center of the universe? Or that sun revolved around the Earth?

Belief =/= Fact
    This is a double-edged sword.

Despite what you seem to think, your doubt in the existence of Ghosts is a belief.
    Last edited by Lightfist; 2011-02-03 at 12:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post

Scientology is stupid because it's based on science fiction and you have to pay huge sums of money to be allowed to believe in it.

inb4 "lolbutthebibleisfictiontrollface.jpg"
    Crazy bullsh*t is crazy bullsh*t, regardless of the book.

Annnd you know this...how?
    Explain to me how ghosts could actually exist, without all the fairy-tale nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Aniza View Post
    There is a fallacy for what you did, that the lack of proof, proves something right. You had a prime example right there. To put it into easy understanding on this topic, "You have no evidence proving ghost's don't exist, so that means they must exist!"

I'm going to go crazy trying to find the name of this fallacy...

Edit- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance

Found it!
    Last edited by Slammin Shaman; 2011-02-03 at 12:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jecil View Post
    This. But make sure you don't leave your body somewhere where said bad ghost can jump in before you can kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashield28 View Post
    Oh, I read this story one time about this squatter living in a crawlspace above this dudes closet. he finally set up a camera and caught them. It was like the freakin ring yo.
    A ghostcrawler in the attic?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    - When I leave for school I turn off the lights/tv/etc. Sometimes when I come back everything is turned back on.
    You just may have forget to turn them off. I'm always the last one to go to bed in my family and sometimes when i go to the kitchen, I see that the light in the living room is still on, so its something that may happen, it also happen with the light of the garage.

- I set up my alarm clock every time I go to bed and sometimes I wake up late because I find it across my room along with the batteries
    Everyone has at least once shut down or throw his alarm clock while sleeping.

- When I go work out in my basement I leave the door open and when I'm finished sometimes it's closed
    it may be draft or unbalance. it don't need a powerful draft to close a door.

- There is a bathroom in my house that I never use and sometimes the door is randomly opened
    For that one I don't know... try to see if its easy to open it without the clinche.

- My dog only growls when someone knocks on the door but sometime he does it randomly
    A dog can hear more than you, he may growl for something human can't hear.

- When I'm on the computer I hear noises outside my door and stuff being knocked over in the kitchen but when I go look everything is normal
    The noise in your kitchen may come from your fridge, mine also make knocking sound.

- My tv randomly turns off when I'm watching
    as someone already said electrical or tv problem.

- Sometimes when people call me I hear the phone ring once or twice and then it stops. I call the person back and they usually ask why I hanged up on them
    same as above.

- Sometimes I leave random objects somewhere and they end up somewhere else (some of these might be me but sure as hell not every single time)
    Don't be sure of that, it's easy to put something somewhere when you are doing something else and think you had put it on a other place.

Here is a few logical answer. But it may also be false, I'm not a scientist and I've never put a single foot in your house.

Crazy bullsh*t is crazy bullsh*t, regardless of the book.
    Your respect for others' beliefs is admirable.

Explain to me how ghosts could actually exist, without all the fairy-tale nonsense.
    Let me put you 1000 years in the past and you can explain to me how humans are made of atoms.