10+ Year Old Account

skinn farming question

heya all

does any1 know where the best place too skinn is (when u dont have tol barad)

thx ^^
    Last edited by Draknalor186; 2011-02-02 at 06:23 PM.

You don't need to have Tol Barad to skin. Might be harder on a PvP server though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosong View Post
    You don't need to have Tol Barad to skin. Might be harder on a PvP server though.
    well there is a gate =P u cant go in there if u dont have it =)

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    well there is a gate =P u cant go in there if u dont have it =)
    The gate opens after the actual battle is over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feress View Post
    The gate opens after the actual battle is over.
    well anyway... enough about tol barad ^^ any1 know a good farming spot for leather? one guy on my server said deepholm but is this true or false?

The best I've found so far are in fact Deepholm, where the drakes fall from the sky and are partially wounded/stunned when they hit the ground, and in Twilight Highlands on the plateau just above the horde fortress where you can run a big circuit killing stags, wolves, owls and griffins. Deepholm requires little movement and I find to get bored most quickly here but if there's no competition, probably provides the fastest gathering of leathers and dragon scales. The area in Twilight Highlands is great if there are other skinners you're competing with as there are plenty of mobs that respawn quick enough to provide leather for multiple people.

Tol Barad, tho, is a veritable gold mine assuming your faction controls the territory. My one wish would be that everyone would actually loot the crocs they kill. Most do and that's just an extra bonus. Those who don't... sigh.

Best of Luck with the skinning. This expansion feels much tougher to level LW and skinning, since there are no packs (that I've found) like the mammoths or rhinos in WotLK's Storm Peaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsune View Post
    The best I've found so far are in fact Deepholm, where the drakes fall from the sky and are partially wounded/stunned when they hit the ground, and in Twilight Highlands on the plateau just above the horde fortress where you can run a big circuit killing stags, wolves, owls and griffins. Deepholm requires little movement and I find to get bored most quickly here but if there's no competition, probably provides the fastest gathering of leathers and dragon scales. The area in Twilight Highlands is great if there are other skinners you're competing with as there are plenty of mobs that respawn quick enough to provide leather for multiple people.

Tol Barad, tho, is a veritable gold mine assuming your faction controls the territory. My one wish would be that everyone would actually loot the crocs they kill. Most do and that's just an extra bonus. Those who don't... sigh.

Best of Luck with the skinning. This expansion feels much tougher to level LW and skinning, since there are no packs (that I've found) like the mammoths or rhinos in WotLK's Storm Peaks.
    gah finally some1 awnsering

<3 u =)
    thanks alot for the info

I'm not a skinner, but I leave behind corpse after corpse of the aforementioned dragons in Deepholm because I farm the dragon flanks for the broiled dragon feast for raiding. I've found several druids and hunters from either faction follow me around once they realize I'm not a skinner, skinning my kills, and /thanking me.

10+ Year Old Account
    tsune i tried the place u said and... i got like 80 leathers in 36-38 min ^^ ty again
    Last edited by Draknalor186; 2011-02-03 at 12:37 AM.

I have heard there are a couple of good spots in twilight highlands, dont have a skinner though, this is from a mate

Glad I could help. After you get a chance to try out all the places I mentioned, lemme know what your thoughts are on which is best. Also, I've heard of a tree in Twilight Highlands where a bunch of dragons fly around the top (these used to be bugged and wouldn't agro, so many skinners loved this spot) and there are many dragonkin on the ground below. Though many swear by this area even after the bug fix, i still find it requires way too much travel time to get around to all the mobs here. If there's ANOTHER place in TH beyond what's been mentioned already, I'd love to hear it.

There is a quest in Twilight Highlands where you get chains to pull yourself on top of a dragon. You just dps the dragon down without it fighting back, it's pretty funny. Get the quest, make a macro, don't turn it in. When i'm on the ground and i have certain CD's up, i just group up a few of the dragonkin there and get quick leather. When you land if nothing is around, hit your macro and there is virtually no downtime. Other than that, deepholm and TB are awesome choices.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tol Borad is probably my favorite farming spot. I also play on a PvE server, so I don't have to worry about being banked continually.

Other then that, the area in Twilight Highlands mentions previously is pretty good.