Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Paragon the truth

Paragon are great at downing bosses yes but the truth is paragon isnt a realistic guild model that 99% of us are using heres why. We have all watched some of paragons more notiable boss kills since cata launch one being Nafarien where in thier group they had upwards of 15 or more druids in thier guild run to take advantage of a particular boss mechanic. But then you see Paragon down a diffrent boss running with almost a whole diffrent group makeup.

The fact is that paragon always has thier Guild raids stacked with whatever classes will provide them with the best possiable chance of downing a boss.

They have so many geared members specifically who wanna get world first kills at thier disposel that they can have a group with 20 rogues one fight and no rogues the next.
    Most guilds do not have those means available so we actaully have to WORK HARD with what we have from boss 1 - 12 running with the same people and classes to down bosses.

I give credit where credit is due and the only credit I give paragon is that they have such a huge guild they can stack thier teams to offer the best possiable outcome, but I do not credit them for being the best raiding guild in WoW.

Oh, that's cute. You first realised that now?

Quote Originally Posted by Stings View Post
    Oh, that's cute. You first realised that now?
    Not everyone can be as "smart" as you.

We're not supposed to do what they do, why compare?

Quote Originally Posted by Frostburn View Post
    Not everyone can be as "smart" as you.
    It's been going on for quite a while. They do it, because having the most FOTM will earn World First easier, and it will crush others who doesn't have that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spawnxxx View Post
    Paragon are great at downing bosses yes but the truth is paragon isnt a realistic guild model that 99% of us are using heres why. We have all watched some of paragons more notiable boss kills since cata launch one being Nafarien where in thier group they had upwards of 15 or more druids in thier guild run to take advantage of a particular boss mechanic. But then you see Paragon down a diffrent boss running with almost a whole diffrent group makeup.

The fact is that paragon always has thier Guild raids stacked with whatever classes will provide them with the best possiable chance of downing a boss.

They have so many geared members specifically who wanna get world first kills at thier disposel that they can have a group with 20 rogues one fight and no rogues the next.
    Most guilds do not have those means available so we actaully have to WORK HARD with what we have from boss 1 - 12 running with the same people and classes to down bosses.

I give credit where credit is due and the only credit I give paragon is that they have such a huge guild they can stack thier teams to offer the best possiable outcome, but I do not credit them for being the best raiding guild in WoW.
    If this is your major epiphany, I am saddened

Its always nice to see people take pridei n thier alts
    Once upon a midnight dreary
    While i pron surfed, weak and weary
    Over many a site of ' hot xxx galore'.
    "'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"
    Quoth the server, 404.

killing a new raid boss is like having multiple orgasms only better.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

That's exactly what makes them such a good guild. They use common knowledge to the best degree. And they don't just have a gazillion members to raid stack. They would still have to be well geared and skilled.

So yeah, they ARE a world class guild. Get over it and stop coming up with excuses because you are jealous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

Legit world firsts = profit > skilled guilds. In the end, it is the victor that counts.

i had hoped for something better than just "they only win because they got alot of people!". i got six words for you:
    "bring the player, not the class".
    and apparently, all these different 25 people are good enough to down bosses first.

Might wanna rethink that. They have 178 guild members. That includes player alts and socials. Not really a selection of top geared classes for 25 player perfection?
    Owning horrid India customer service since 1989. DELL - PAYPAL - EA

10+ Year Old Account
    Also they put in more hours a day thenn normal guild does in a week whenn they going for world 1e. But everyone already knows all this
    Normal guilds dont model after it

You're pissed at them because they have too many good players to choose from? You understand that many of the best players have alts (sometimes even the same class) with comparable gear so they can pick which class is best for that fight. In this way it becomes a team that downs a boss not individual players looking to complete a raid on their one toon.

This is a similar strategy the Yankees use every year. Get the best players that can fit multiple roles if need and win.

Why do you think Paragon is the only top guild that can do this? All of the top guilds are top guilds because they have the ability to use any raid comp they need to down the encounter. They've all been doing this for a very long time, since BC made it where certain classes were obviously better than others, especially with some encounter mechanics.

Deleted
    Haha thank you for this, u made me lol... Btw u do realize that their roster aint like 50 players?? Everyone just has like 9 alts they can play if needed....Delete this thread plzDD

Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    Also they put in more hours a day thenn normal guild does in a week whenn they going for world 1e. But everyone already knows all this
    Normal guilds dont model after it
    Indeed they do put more time in in the beginning but when its done they just chill out and actually raid less :P
    Once upon a midnight dreary
    While i pron surfed, weak and weary
    Over many a site of ' hot xxx galore'.
    "'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"
    Quoth the server, 404.

killing a new raid boss is like having multiple orgasms only better.

Deleted
    I bring my alts to the fights where they would do better then my main... your point?

Welcome to the ideals from the toc patch. Pretty much all the cutting edge guilds had 2 bis alts for iccs release to work around the limited attempts and to gear quicker.

[1]...Nafarien where in thier group they had upwards of 15 or more druids in thier guild run...
    [2]The fact is that paragon always has thier Guild raids stacked with whatever classes will provide them with the best possiable chance of downing a boss.
    [3]They have so many geared members specifically who wanna get world first kills at thier disposel
    [4]I give credit where credit is due and the only credit I give paragon is that they have such a huge guild they can stack thier teams to offer the best possiable outcome, but I do not credit them for being the best raiding guild in WoW.
    1) They had 11 druids, the exaggeration here is really unnecessary.
    2)You act like it is only Paragon that does this, every top guild will switch a lot of players out depending on what is helpful for the fight
    3)They have alts. Their active raiding roster is only like 30 people
    4)They are amazingly skilled players. They can play all those alts nearly flawlessly. They are amazingly skilled

Is this supposed to be news? To be honest, if someone needs to be told that Paragon, Stars, Ensidia, Method etc. are the outliers, if they need to be told that the paragon guild model is atypical and unrealistic for most guilds... If they can't figure that out on their own, they're probably too thick to get it by having it explained to them. Comparing them to a typical guild is like comparing apples to dump trucks.

Oh, and "best" is all about results. So yeah, like it or not, they're basically the best at WoW PvE right now. The metric for that is their success.