Page 1 of 2
LastLast

is destro Warlocks dps going live as it is now on PTR?

i dont know if anyone else has noticed but at least my dps went down from my usual 14k on dummy to 7k thats a 50%, why are they doing this? i havent play for a week well actually played today on ptr and honestly this changes arent good, im just not going back to wow. BTW my ret pallie dps went up from 12k to 15k

note: didnt make this thread in blizzard forums because my account is frozen.

arghh sht cant post links ( 349 ilvl the lock, 343 the paladin)

Your Warlock's dps went up, so you're not going back to WoW... mkay... >.>

"note: didnt make this thread in blizzard forums because my account is frozen."

Hmmm...
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

Unless I missed changes to Afflic (which I may have) you'll still have a very good DPS spec and another that becomes very good in add fights (which is more than other classes).

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonen View Post
    Your Warlock's dps went up, so you're not going back to WoW... mkay... >.>

"note: didnt make this thread in blizzard forums because my account is frozen."

Hmmm...
    my dps went down from 14k dps to 7k DOWN not up, and an account is frozen when your playing time expires

probably just a bug on the ptr, nothing else.

No one else going to call B.S. on the ilvl 343 Ret doing even 12k on a dummy?

Quote Originally Posted by Meijnrr View Post
    Unless I missed changes to Afflic (which I may have) you'll still have a very good DPS spec and another that becomes very good in add fights (which is more than other classes).
    Wrong on many levels

Aff got hit the hardest

And demo aoe was gutted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cult View Post
    Wrong on many levels

Aff got hit the hardest

And demo aoe was gutted
    And if you check any up to date PTR simcraft data ( Developed by warlocks fyi so its most accurate for warlocks ), destro warlocks are the highest DPS caster other than shadow priests according to the current PTR build.

Look at length of fight, buffs you have and debuffs the dummy has. If all are exactly the same from the 14k and the 7k data samples then you might want to try posting a log for us to better determine what the cause may be.

None of the locks I know on live that have tested on PTR have had the same drastic results as you so without more info I'm afraid we can't help you too much.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    my dps went down from 14k dps to 7k DOWN not up, and an account is frozen when your playing time expires
    k, I read that incorrectly. In that case, I think you're doing it wrong. When you quit, it's ok to stay gone.
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

By what I can tell Afflic and Demo got nerfed since they are losing the ability to get Improved Soul Fire. Destro on the otherhand went up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    By what I can tell Afflic and Demo got nerfed since they are losing the ability to get Improved Soul Fire. Destro on the otherhand went up.
    Destro lost ~900DPS.

Can't attest for Aff/Demo.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Dont worry 2 weeks into 4.06 they will hotfix and give SE another stack, 3.3.0 style...

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't worry too much about PTR numbers, half the stuff on the patch notes isn't even implemented on it yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    So much misinformation floating around. All 3 specs were nerfed with the change to ISF. Destro was nerfed (deserving). Demo AOE was nerfed (deserving) and single target was nerfed with the loss of ISF but then buffed with the boosting of its mastery. Affliction was nerfed with the loss of ISF and wasn't really compensated.

The result: Destruction is now the theoretical top damage spec (overtaking affliction), Demonology AOE is nerfed but remains strong, Affliction (which is now probably the easiest spec to play) does the lowest theoretical damage. Locks are still one of the highest dps casters and all 3 specs are within 1k dps of each other. Not really seeing an issue here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logbc View Post
    So much misinformation floating around. All 3 specs were nerfed with the change to ISF. Destro was nerfed (deserving). Demo AOE was nerfed (deserving) and single target was nerfed with the loss of ISF but then buffed with the boosting of its mastery. Affliction was nerfed with the loss of ISF and wasn't really compensated.
    Demonology's Mastery was only buffed because it was worth a little over half the value of Crit, which was the next worst stat. Mastery is now on par with Crit, maybe marginally better - but remember it is purely situational, so although mathematically slightly better on a PW fight, in real terms it still wont be brilliant. As a tertiary stat, it goes nowhere to being considered anything like a buff, all it merely does is make bad gear choices less bad. Certainly not good. Many classes received similar buffs to their Mastery for this same reason.

The result: Destruction is now the theoretical top damage spec (overtaking affliction), Demonology AOE is nerfed but remains strong, Affliction (which is now probably the easiest spec to play) does the lowest theoretical damage. Locks are still one of the highest dps casters and all 3 specs are within 1k dps of each other. Not really seeing an issue here.
    We'll just have to see, beating on a dummy as Demo in the spec I'd be using when we loose ISF, I'm loosing 1-1.5K DPS on live. I don't have much Mastery on my gear, so I'm really not going to see that much benefit, and the increased Immolate duration (not yet implemented on PTR) wouldn't have helped any.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2011-02-03 at 12:01 AM.

According to the current simcraft, Destruction dps is virtually unchanged with BiS gear and is doing marginally better with lower gear levels.

Assuming their item sets aren't drastically different between the PTR and Live profiles, it should be pretty accurate. I'm also unsure whether you're trolling or not with the supposed 50% dps decrease.

Yeah looking at the simcraft hasn't destro dps actually increased a small amount? Notably more so in lower than full BiS heroic raid gear too, will probably look about the same on live as it does at the moment for most people. Been getting used to destro seeing as aff is going to take a massive hit as it stands now with the total lack of compensation for the removal of imp sf.

The reason why you are seeing a 7k dps loss is because the PTR has some issues with recording only about 2/3 of the spellcasts with Recount and Skada.

Quote Originally Posted by Impurath View Post
    The reason why you are seeing a 7k dps loss is because the PTR has some issues with recording only about 2/3 of the spellcasts with Recount and Skada.
    this is good to hear