Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    my dps went down from 14k dps to 7k DOWN not up, and an account is frozen when your playing time expires
    Combat logging has been bugged on the PTR for a long while. Your DPS actually went up. The combat logging problem was fleshed out a long time ago. Cast 100 hit-capped shadowbolts or incinerates at a dummy. Count how many get recorded.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    Combat logging has been bugged on the PTR for a long while. Your DPS actually went up. The combat logging problem was fleshed out a long time ago. Cast 100 hit-capped shadowbolts or incinerates at a dummy. Count how many get recorded.
    ye i noticed that, i casted 15 incinerates but recount just got 3

And destro will be even stronger in those fights where you have to burn a boss / an add down during BL.

It is a nerf for affliction period. From the simcraft, a 1k dps loss.

I would like to point out that yes, all specs are losing the ISF haste buff.
    However, not necessarily a nerf at the same time.

Destro gained a damage increase in it's place -- we all know that.
    Demo and Affliction gained a GCD every 15 seconds and lost a heavy, square-peg-in-a-round-hole mechanic.
    I know the theory is that the loss of ISF haste buff won't end up being that terrible for Destro with the damage increase. But I keep hearing that when actually implemented, the rotation is now clunky and fucked up. So you end stumbling all over yourself and have more difficulty, for example, using all three of the hasted incinerates after conflag. Has anyone experienced anything like that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Llynok View Post
    I would like to point out that yes, all specs are losing the ISF haste buff.
    However, not necessarily a nerf at the same time.

Destro gained a damage increase in it's place -- we all know that.
    Demo and Affliction gained a GCD every 15 seconds and lost a heavy, square-peg-in-a-round-hole mechanic.
    Gaining a GCD every 15 seconds isn't a ray of sunshine. It's a huge loss. Soul Fire is smooth enough for me. Once you took a week to get used to it, everything's gravy. Affliction needs to be buffed.

Affliction nerfed, destro and demo buffed atm, with 359 gear

Affliction (live) 24298 dps (ptr) 23162 dps
    Destro (live) 23682 dps (ptr) 23928 dps
    Demo (live) 22883 dps (ptr) 23392 dps

dps all varies on the fight.. i think destro is now the highest single target dps spec while demo is better for aoe burst fights (doesnt seem too far off destro's single target either but ill test it next week)

affliction is just... no... it was always awful in aoe situations and now its awful at single target too... gg blizz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvy View Post
    Affliction nerfed, destro and demo buffed atm, with 359 gear

Affliction (live) 24298 dps (ptr) 23162 dps
    Destro (live) 23682 dps (ptr) 23928 dps
    Demo (live) 22883 dps (ptr) 23392 dps
    I didn't realise that the other two specs were buffed. I thought I was well clued up on this matter, clearly not.

Affliction will be mind numbingly dull now anyway with the removal of ISF. Keep 3 DoTs up while one rolls itself and spam SB - fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortanix View Post
    Yeah looking at the simcraft hasn't destro dps actually increased a small amount?
    Yes it has. The ISF "nerf" actually buffed Destruction slightly. There's tonnes of simcraft from the very latest build to support it on EJ. Best to wait for the patch to hit and do simcraft off live data however. They may sneak changes in without documenting them.

The fact that keeping up ISF was such a huge variable, I think that warlock DPS overall will be increased. Not too many warlocks were keeping the 100% uptime on ISF so the simcraft numbers were harder to hit. Now it will be much easier to maintain 100% uptime on the buff so I definitely can see the lower end of warlock DPS for destruction becoming a little higher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth283 View Post
    The fact that keeping up ISF was such a huge variable, I think that warlock DPS overall will be increased. Not too many warlocks were keeping the 100% uptime on ISF so the simcraft numbers were harder to hit. Now it will be much easier to maintain 100% uptime on the buff so I definitely can see the lower end of warlock DPS for destruction becoming a little higher.
    I thought it separated the aware warlocks from the unaware. I agree the change will show little difference to warlocks able to keep the 100% (or close to depending on bloodlust) uptime, and a lot of difference to those that couldn't. That is, as long as they remember to cast SF at least 1 time in every 15 second window. It's a buff during a bloodlust, that's for sure.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

I thought it separated the aware warlocks from the unaware. I agree the change will show little difference to warlocks able to keep the 100% (or close to depending on bloodlust) uptime, and a lot of difference to those that couldn't.
    It did on most fights. But for others [Hello Omnotron heroic] It's a complete pig to keep up. Especially as Demo. So much micro on that fight, extra timers to watch are just irritating.