10+ Year Old Account

fin off godzilla 2000

OK so my uncle was a huge Godzilla fan he ran a Godzilla website and was well known around the Godzilla fan base. he died 6 years ago and left me his close to 20 thousand dollar Godzilla collection. one of the items was a fin off the Godzilla outfit from the movie Godzilla 2000. now u see after each Godzilla movie they would cut the outfit up and throw it away. some how my uncle knew a guy who was working on the movie and had taken some of the cut up parts out the trash. so i was wondering how much do u think it is worth?

pawn stars. let me call in my buddy, he's an expert on these kinds of things

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol View Post
    pawn stars. let me call in my buddy, he's an expert on these kinds of things
    lol that made me laugh

umm i would kill someone before I'd let them cut up a costume like that. Personally, I thought 2000 was awesome, not to mention the Godzilla in it was a badass. I would say upwards of 10k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandros View Post
    umm i would kill someone before I'd let them cut up a costume like that. Personally, I thought 2000 was awesome, not to mention the Godzilla in it was a badass. I would say upwards of 10k.
    ya i know but most of it is made of foam so if not kept right it will start to deteriorate

Quote Originally Posted by Lastblow View Post
    lol that made me laugh
    Me too... great show. Would be funny to see someone walk in with a Godzilla Fin.....

uh... you got any paperwork?
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aknot View Post
    Me too... great show. Would be funny to see someone walk in with a Godzilla Fin.....

uh... you got any paperwork?
    nope i do not but its clearly a piece of the outfit since its made of foam it has some deterioration

---------- Post added 2011-02-02 at 05:07 PM ----------

and i don't think it would have paper work since they chop them up and throw them away

Quote Originally Posted by Lastblow View Post
    nope i do not but its clearly a piece of the outfit since its made of foam it has some deterioration
    /scratches with thumb nail

I dont know that looks like painted styrofoam...

Then comes the "let me call in my buddy, he's an expert on these kinds of things"
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

10+ Year Old Account
    if any one has a ps3 and would like to see it message me for my gamer tag

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on ho much work you put into selling it. Ebay will probably net you a few hundred. But, if you find the right collector, like it seems your uncle was, you could net thousands. But, that's a completely uneducated, baseless opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Depends on ho much work you put into selling it. Ebay will probably net you a few hundred. But, if you find the right collector, like it seems your uncle was, you could net thousands. But, that's a completely uneducated, baseless opinion.
    ya im not to sure cause im not a expert with Godzilla i mean i watched the movies with my uncle and i looked at every item he had to many times but i don't know shit beyond that.
    Last edited by Lastblow; 2011-02-02 at 11:16 PM.