Smile Suggestion: Sub-forums within the Class Forums

I'd like it if there were sub-forums for each talent tree within each class forum. General questions about the classes can be posted within the main forum, then posts towards a specific tree within their proper sub-forum. For example, I play a Shadow Priest, however within the Priest Forum there are several posts with cross healing/DPS discussions (Someone asks a question about haste values for Shadow, and a Holy Priest pipes in with healing information; or a Holy Priest inquires about healing X boss fight and a Disc Priest chimes in with Disc methods for healing). There are also multiple threads that often seem relevant, but are forwarded towards one spec or another and not having to sift through them all would be welcoming.

I'd think this could potentially help organize the forums more, and even clean up stickies. People would be able to more easily pick out threads that refer to their interests, and I imagine it'd especially be helpful for classes that can Tank/Heal/DPS. I'm not sure if pure DPS classes would benefit from this feature, but if it'd cause a nuisance to those specific forums they could just be excluded from the change.

Example:

Priest Forum:
    >> Shadow sub-forum
    >> Holy sub-forum
    >> Discipline sub-forum

-General class stickies
    -General class posts

15+ Year Old Account
    There is such a thing as too much organization. Just preface the topic with the appropriate tag IMO
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Well, would someone be willing to consider enforcing tags then? I remember when I tried out Elemental Shaman it felt impossible to figure out what information was for what spec in the forums. I kept thinking I found what I needed only to realize it was Enhancement. It can be overwhelming when you're new to a class to be bombarded with information to all the different specs. I guess I'd just rather have less active sub-forums then over active general forums where you have to go through a few pages to find posts relevant to your spec, or just give up and re-post a common question since you can't find things at a glance.

However, yah, things are fine the way they are, it'd just be a small change that'd make things nicer for myself and maybe others.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tag enforcement is done on a forum by forum basis.

If I were moderating a class forum, and somebody created a thread called "T11 gear help", I would definitely change the title to "[Protection] T11 gear help".

Other moderators don't, but I do agree it is a good idea, and takes very little time.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines