Thread: AMD x6 1090t BE

AMD x6 1090t BE

So my fps gets kinda low in 25mans... around 25fps with everything on ultra vsync trip buffering and x1 multi sample
    my processor is the AMD phenom ii x6 black edtion nothing overclocked at 3.2ghz with a asus 6870
    i can get like 130fps in tol barad questing area and about 30 in org thats all fine but raids... id like a bit more than that especaily since this is some top-of-the line hardware
    i was reading about switching afinitys to 3 cores to enable turbo core
    and that wow only uses 3 cores?
    im not sure but im basicaly asking if there is some tweaks hidden in this processor that can make wow run 60fps+ in 25mans

other comp specs

M4A88-M/USB3 mobo
    F3-12800CL9-4GBRL x2 ram g skill at 667mhz but can be 1600mhz on box...

Deleted
    Question is why is your memory set at 667mhz frequency? Theres your problem why your only getting 25fps, your bottlenecking your system by under clocking your ram by a huge margin.

Quote Originally Posted by wiggyhamham View Post
    Question is why is your memory set at 667mhz frequency? Theres your problem why your only getting 25fps, your bottlenecking your system by under clocking your ram by a huge margin.
    hmm i seen a 1600 option in the bios for ram i didnt switch it cause i thought id have to do something with volatge should i try that out at 1600?

Deleted
    Im guessing you manually switched it too 667mhz? By default the Phenom II x6 1090T has a FSB ( Front side bus ) of 1333mhz, on auto settings your motherboard should automatically have set your ram frequency to match at 1333mhz. Try setting it back to auto and see what it shows on the post screen on loading. If it still shows 667mhz try a complete bios reset and start over. If it runs stable at 1333mhz on auto settings try running it on the 1600OC profile. If it's a good mainboard and all your voltages are set to auto it should clcok the voltage up as needed. You only really need to increase ram voltage if your manually overclocking your PC to silly levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordankrynen View Post
    So my fps gets kinda low in 25mans... around 25fps with everything on ultra vsync trip buffering and x1 multi sample
    my processor is the AMD phenom ii x6 black edtion nothing overclocked at 3.2ghz with a asus 6870
    i can get like 130fps in tol barad questing area and about 30 in org thats all fine but raids... id like a bit more than that especaily since this is some top-of-the line hardware
    Turn shadow quality 2 steps down from ultra and particle density one step down, and you'll see your fps go up by 50-100%. Those two settings are not meant to be maxed out on any current hardware. Also once you've done that, you can turn multisampling and texture filtering to 4x or 8x easily, your graphics card is more than powerful enough for it. Those are the 'hidden' tweaks you can do. Also you can try turning the game into DirectX11 mode, which should be slightly faster on that card.

You should be able to get that processor run at 3.8GHz speed fairly easily with a good cooler which will also give you extra 10fps, but it might be bit intimidating doing overclocking for the first time, and also damn scary since you will get lot of bluescreens and PC totally refusing to boot at times when doing overclocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordankrynen View Post
    F3-12800CL9-4GBRL x2 ram g skill at 667mhz but can be 1600mhz on box...
    Some/most AMD boards report actual memory speed, which is same 667MHz as the FSB of AM3 CPUs. DDR stands for "double data rate", so effectively the RAM is running at 1333MHz speed which is normal. When you're overclocking you can turn RAM speed up, all the way to 1600 (800) MHz or higher, but it's not really needed or recommended with AMD boards unless you're going for extreme overclocking.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Turn shadow quality 2 steps down from ultra and particle density one step down, and you'll see your fps go up by 50-100%.
    ^ This. I call it the "Optimized Ultra" setting :P
    Glorious will be the day when Blizzard figures out how to make the GPU take care of shadows instead of CPU.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

ok i turned the shadows down to good and texture filter to x8 and multisampling to x8
    also put memory to the 800 (1600) works fine so far running 42 fps in org now woots
    as for the OC to 3.8ghz my system can handle that fine its just i go from 41c to about 52c with the stock fan. should i invest in a good cooler and clock it back to 3.8ghz?

Deleted
    no need to set multi sampling higher than 4x