Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elletarah View Post
    No it won't. The game doesn't work on probabilities. The drop chance will be the same every week.
    If the drop chance is the same every week, you can EXPECT to have a drop at a certain time. That would be as basic as probability gets. If there is a 1% drop rate, one would expect it to drop once out of one hundred attempts. Doesn’t mean it’s going to happen but with a sufficient number of attempts the drop rate will be 1% (if that is the true drop rate).

Quote Originally Posted by strossus001 View Post
    Sweet private server solo.

Edit: Actually, I'm going to chalk this one up to having people elsewhere in the instance, taking the mind controls for him. Kael'thas won't MC his highest threat player target.

"Solo."
    You can LOS the mind control, that's why he's behind the statue. You just wait for his emote.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    You can LOS the mind control, that's why he's behind the statue. You just wait for his emote.
    No emote involved with the mind control.

Edit: The idea of him doing an emote, giving you a few seconds, then mind controlling random people in los is easily one of the dumbest things I've heard people speculate about this game haha.

Kael'thas Sunstrider yells: Obey me!
    Kael'thas Sunstrider yells: Bow to my will!

It has a 30 second cooldown, so you have 29 seconds to DPS from his yell. And yes, if you taunt Kael'thas he can't mind control you.

Also http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...urghgah/simple
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2011-02-05 at 02:08 AM.

Edit: The idea of him doing an emote, giving you a few seconds, then mind controlling random people in los is easily one of the dumbest things I've heard people speculate about this game haha.
    The Mind Control can indeed be LoS'd. It happens every 30 seconds and is easy to predict. You can also read the combat log and see that Kael never targets anybody else, and neither does the Darkener's fixate.

EDIT: Actually, I take that back, the MC was handled differently. Watch the video. He forces Kael to target him right after the emote, because the emote does give you a few seconds. Forcing Kael to target him means no MC happens because there are no other players for it to target.

EDITEDIT: Actually, I take that back again. MC was handled both ways. Whenever he couldn't be LoS for some reason at the moment Kael was Mind Controlling, he distracting shotted him for a few seconds until the cast went out (you can see it in the combat log, very clearly, Kael casting Mind Control but it failing), and at other times he LoS's the cast. The cast happens a few seconds after the emote, and you can very clearly see it in the combat log.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2011-02-05 at 02:06 AM.

Deleted

It has a 30 second cooldown, so you have 29 seconds to DPS from his yell.

Hahahaha, major PWN.

Deleted
    Urghgah ftw!

It has a 30 second cooldown, so you have 29 seconds to DPS from his yell.

Through some feat of human metronome, you keep a 30 second pace going and are able to judge when they're coming and when to dodge behind, regardless of what the boss is doing or casting? Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    The Mind Control can indeed be LoS'd. It happens every 30 seconds and is easy to predict. You can also read the combat log and see that Kael never targets anybody else, and neither does the Darkener's fixate.
    All kinds of creative ways around it. IE: FD.

And combat log for thousands of yards? No.

Edit again!: After reviewing the video, he definitely, DEFINITELY, does not cast it every 30 seconds. Not even 29 seconds. Nor 28 seconds. Sometimes more, sometimes less, sometimes much, much more time elapses between MC's.
    Last edited by strossus001; 2011-02-05 at 02:11 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggerfish View Post
    If the drop chance is the same every week, you can EXPECT to have a drop at a certain time. That would be as basic as probability gets. If there is a 1% drop rate, one would expect it to drop once out of one hundred attempts. Doesn’t mean it’s going to happen but with a sufficient number of attempts the drop rate will be 1% (if that is the true drop rate).
    No you can't. Loot probability means that if you kill something enough times, you'll see the loot finally drop, but probability doesn't exist for loot. If there was any form of probability in loot whatsoever, you could expect the mount every 100 kills or so, but that's not the case. The fact is whether or not you're killing the boss for the first time for the 100th time you still only have a 1% chance to see the mount. Period. Now come on, say it with me... There is NO probability involved in loot AT ALL.
    "Honesty is a talent, and truth is a cure for ignorance." ~ Unknown
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own" ~ Adam (Mythbuster) Savage
    "Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." ~ Bill Watterson
    "Believe in your strength. Continue to push forward unflinchingly, and without straying from your path." ~ Hero's Spirit

Through some feat of human metronome, you keep a 30 second pace going and are able to judge when they're coming and when to dodge behind, regardless of what the boss is doing or casting? Amazing.

All kinds of creative ways around it. IE: FD.

And combat log for thousands of yards? No.
    Again, check the combat log. Kael emotes, and then there are a few seconds before he casts Mind Control, quite clearly, in the combat log. During these times, Urghag either is LoS'd if possible, or if he can't LoS for some reason (is kiting a phoenix for example), then he uses distracting shot on Kael before the MC happens, making it so he isn't MC'd, since there are no other player targets. The reason he doesn't use the distracting shot method every time is because he takes a LOT of damage when doing this and would obviously prefer to avoid it. You can see all of this pretty clearly if you watch the vid at full screen at 720p, which you should, if you're going to try so hard to discredit it.

Also, yes, it's not hard to count to 30, though just reading the emotes is easier.

Oh, and finally, if anybody else had been in his raid group inside the instance, they would've shown up on the minimap as an arrow and what direction they were in. I think you've done enough trolling or flaming, and am going to ask you to kindly stop. <:

EDIT: And I suppose I do stand corrected slightly; the cooldown for mind control is 30 seconds (you can check it on WoWhead), but Kael does not always cast it every 30 seconds. He does, however, emote several seconds before casting it every single time with either 'Obey me!' or 'Bow to my will!'
    Last edited by Herecius; 2011-02-05 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Again, check the combat log. Kael emotes, and then there are a few seconds before he casts Mind Control, quite clearly, in the combat log. During these times, Urghag either is LoS'd if possible, or if he can't LoS for some reason (is kiting a phoenix for example), then he uses distracting shot on Kael before the MC happens, making it so he isn't MC'd, since there are no other player targets. The reason he doesn't use the distracting shot method every time is because he takes a LOT of damage when doing this and would obviously prefer to avoid it. You can see all of this pretty clearly if you watch the vid at full screen at 720p, which you should, if you're going to try so hard to discredit it.
    He mind controls dk's with bloodworms and ghoul out. Thoughts?

Also, yes, it's not hard to count to 30, though just reading the emotes is easier.
    Doesn't even apply, as you've discredited yourself.

Oh, and finally, if anybody else had been in his raid group inside the instance, they would've shown up on the minimap as an arrow and what direction they were in. I think you've done enough trolling or flaming, and am going to ask you to kindly stop. <:
    Not true.

EDIT: And I suppose I do stand corrected slightly; the cooldown for mind control is 30 seconds (you can check it on WoWhead), but Kael does not always cast it every 30 seconds. He does, however, emote several seconds before casting it every single time with either 'Obey me!' or 'Bow to my will!'
    Combat log is always exact and quick, right? Mine isn't =(

Despite the obvious trolling, I'll respond.

How on earth do death knights get mind controlled as the #1 threat? He NEVER mind controls his tank.

Anyway, I thought it was 30 seconds, but you hide a bit before that to be safe or distracting shot him. Whatever the case, it worked. If there was some way to avoid mind control entirely you could just DPS him without pause instead of stopping to hide behind the statue constantly.

"Had other players take the mind control for him" how on earth would that work? You'd still have a very good chance to be mind controlled.

LOS works, go try it on live servers. I already gave you the armory link of the character with the Kael'thas kill in his history.

The fact is whether or not you're killing the boss for the first time for the 100th time you still only have a 1% chance to see the mount. Period. Now come on, say it with me... There is NO probability involved in loot AT ALL.
    That'd be probability. Probability is not certainty, hence probability. Here’s the definition.

Probability: “The likelihood that a given event will occur”

Note: the definition does not say anything about certainty. When you experience an item not dropping at any unusual rate it is due to your very small sample size…..

If you kill the boss 100 times it does not mean that the item will drop. However if the drop rate is one percent and the boss was killed 10,000 times you would experience a drop rate near 1%.

An item has a low drop rate because it has a low PROBABILITY of dropping.

Get a clue.
    Last edited by Triggerfish; 2011-02-05 at 03:39 AM.

Deleted
    No you can't. Loot probability means that if you kill something enough times, you'll see the loot finally drop, but probability doesn't exist for loot. If there was any form of probability in loot whatsoever, you could expect the mount every 100 kills or so, but that's not the case. The fact is whether or not you're killing the boss for the first time for the 100th time you still only have a 1% chance to see the mount. Period. Now come on, say it with me... There is NO probability involved in loot AT ALL.
    You're right partially. Every time you kill the boss, the probability will be 1%. However, over a given number of kills n, the TOTAL probability of it dropping on AT LEAST ONE of those kills is 1-((1-p)^n) where p is the drop chance. Yet, you won't be able to say before the kill "it will drop today because it's my xth kill". It's still only 1%. Yet, you can say that it will drop APPROXIMATELY every 53 runs as the TOTAL chance approaches 100% (but never reaches it, given that p<1 and n<infinity).
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-02-05 at 10:45 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suff View Post
    the mount only drops from 25 man? and could a warrior do this? probabl prot in that case
    (wrath baby?)

Deleted
    I feel like i'm being trolled.
    Synonyms for chance:

Synonyms: possibility, probability, likelihood, opening, opportunity, option, prospect, occasion

Deleted
    Loving the trolling on this thread!

I'm pretty sure the guy trying to discredit this has realised his theorys are way off and is just digging that hole deeper

As for the argument on probability lol, of course there's a chance you'll see the mount on your first kill or maybe your 2567th kill or maybe you'll never see it drop, the reason Wowhead says the probability is 1% is because out of the number of kills they have logged, 1% of those total kills have seen the mount drop, nothing wrong with using a term loosely when it comes to a game atleast.

EDIT - Back on topic, grats to the OP on some clever gameplay!
    Last edited by mmocd1ad16a512; 2011-02-05 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyzen View Post
    Not that impressive, it takes him 12 hours and he skips second boss and some trash.
    Excuse me, WHAT?! Not impressive? This is a show of class mastery and patience. Most people can't chain trap their way out of a paper bag and he shows skill and lateral thinking for dealing with a lot of mechanics. Not to mention that H Vortex Pinnacle is current content, as in, stuff people are wiping on, even with a tank and healer.

Well to step between the discussion about dropchances and mc debates I must say Im really really impressed.
    This video, tbh, makes me buy cataclysm and come back on a hunter to just solo this stuff every week. Would even multiboxing with my 2nd account (which I never had!) as a warrior just to wield the shield and sometimes maybe the 2 legendaries.
    Keep up this work mate im quite sure you are already a hero for some ppl

This is very impressive indeed, but one question didn't he(you) allrdy post this on the hunter forums some time ago ? I could have sworn I responded to that thread ø_Ø