Question /Cast + /Stopcasting macro? Please help.

Hi. I'm looking for a macro that would cast Steady Shot when pressed; stop casting Steady Shot if pressed again and start casting Steady Shot once again when pressed next time, etc. Is this possible?

Deleted
    I dont think you can cast sequence macros like that, so couldnt do it that way, and I doubt you can use a console command to do it, so no I dont think there is. You could simply press Esc to stop casting? Or make a stop casting macro on an ready to reach button (r, f, g?)

You could probably do a left click cast, right click stop casting, go to wowwiki, or about any toher wow site look up macros and find a left click right click macro and enter your own information for cast, ad on right click to /stop cast

#showtooltip Steady Shot
    /stopcasting
    /cast Steady Shot

Deleted
    #showtooltip Steady Shot
    /stopcasting
    /cast [mod:shift] Steady Shot

This might do the trick. When pressed will stopcasting, when pressed while holding down shift will cast Steady Shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    I dont think you can cast sequence macros like that, so couldnt do it that way, and I doubt you can use a console command to do it, so no I dont think there is. You could simply press Esc to stop casting? Or make a stop casting macro on an ready to reach button (r, f, g?)

I've already got 57 keybinds and Escape is a bit uncomfortable :-(

You could probably do a left click cast, right click stop casting, go to wowwiki, or about any toher wow site look up macros and find a left click right click macro and enter your own information for cast, ad on right click to /stop cast

Sounds ok but I don't click.

#showtooltip Steady Shot
    /stopcasting
    /cast Steady Shot

I so much HOPE this helps *crossed fingers* Can't use shift there, I have Cobra on "S" and Steady on "shift+S". Alt and Ctrl + S are being used as well :-(
    Last edited by Nevian8; 2011-02-03 at 02:13 PM.

#showtooltip Steady Shot
    /stopcasting
    /cast Steady Shot
    This will stop casting the previous cast and begin casting steady shot in one push. The only way it will do what you are asking is if you are still on global cooldown from the first steady shot, and within that GCD you press this button. Because you can't cast something else so soon, only the /stopcasting portion will execute. You can then press it again to begin casting.

But ya.

A better question might be to ask why you need to stop casting the original steady stop to begin with, perhaps we could macro something into a different ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Muq View Post
    This will stop casting the previous cast and begin casting steady shot in one push. The only way it will do what you are asking is if you are still on global cooldown from the first steady shot, and within that GCD you press this button. Because you can't cast something else so soon, only the /stopcasting portion will execute. You can then press it again to begin casting.

But ya.

A better question might be to ask why you need to stop casting the original steady stop to begin with, perhaps we could macro something into a different ability.

I sometimes need it to stop casting in order to prevent it from breaking an unexpected CC. I have my instant shots macroed with "/stopcasting" so I can use them whener I need to but all of them deal damage, so I can't use them for this purpose.