Thread: Be honest

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Haven't tried it out yet but I like the idea of it. I reckon it will take AGES to level it to 525 though..

love it. it's easy and relaxing and gives a great incentive to explore all the changes to the world that came with the Shattering. plus it's a great way to add even more depth to the lore and some fun novelty items
    I've already maxed it on two of my characters and plan to level it on all of my alts.

incidentally gathering archaeology nodes also grants a very generous amount of xp so if you're tired of Outland after having marched a half dozen or so alts through it, my advice is level to 60 in the post-shattering shiny new content, pick up your Azerothian flying license and level archaeology, you may even reach Northrend without ever setting foot through the Dark Portal
    Last edited by rayvio; 2011-02-03 at 03:07 PM.

Deleted
    The idea about it is pretty nice, but its a huge time-sink... A 900% mount should solve the trick!

Atleast they are going to increase the value of al the items... Altho I've already solved over 150 trolls / rest of the stuff!
    Missing alot of gold because of them 'just' having the idea of increase the value...

Quote Originally Posted by Hugitout View Post
    ATM, I dislike it as it is a chore and I hate RNG (150+ Nelf completions, all the rares but one and still no damn Doll!)

I will like it a lot more though when the trash you dig up can be sold for decent gold. At least then there will be some benefit for wading through a ton of garbage for the remote CHANCE of getting something good.
    pretty much this for me also.. but i've already reached 200+ solved ne artefacts
    ››yeah, here used to be a signature once. I've must lost it somewhere in the twisting nether... still waiting for the mail from the postmaster.

Deleted
    no i do not enjoy it

Deleted
    Much easier and faster than fishing, albeit a bit boring sometimes. Leveled it to 525 when searching for Zinrok - never got one though, and abandoned this idea when I got pvp epic 2h.

In general it's nice to see all the changes made to the old world though.

Quote Originally Posted by fixit View Post
    Does anyone enjoy archaeology?
    Is this the best the Blizzard thinktank can come up with after 6 years

I've enjoyed leveling it. Now that I capped it and its just a grind for the purples I want its getting very frustrating.

The patch change to 4.0.6 grey items sale prices will help; it will make me feel like my time is not completely wasted -- "I could be doing my dailies" .. well its just another form of cash (albiet no reputation).

The travel time is the real killer for me .. I'm not sure if theres a way to be fairer about it. Like once per hour be able to hit 'reset all sites' so you can get a different random sampling. I've gotten everything for Fossil Archeology for example; if I had a map up that was all fossil sites ...thats a lot of wasted time and surveying. Being able to do a reset on a useless map might be nice.

TL;DR: So .. over all I have enjoyed it with notable declines at the cap and there is room for improvement.

Some people in my guild seems to, if not like it, at least do it quite regularly. Personally I cannot stand it. If Archaeology is the best Blizzard can do with professions in a new expansion, then I think it's time to start looking for new games to play.

meh I just dont understand why I have to "zig zag" to get to a dig. I mean the device points N then it points East Then North again etc. Sometimes I even back track close enough to the last device that should have picked up the dig.

It would be much better if it was accurate. Sometimes i feel as if there is someone underground moving the artifact/dig around and I am chasing it.

I can only do it at small stints cause it is boring as hell. And no im not concerned about the lore.... but glad others are.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

I'd prefer if all dig sites had a daily cooldown, so I could just choose which ones I want to hit each day. I don't mind some RNG, but I don't like RNG^3.

Quote Originally Posted by erebusman View Post
    So .. over all I have enjoyed it with notable declines at the cap and there is room for improvement.
    My thoughts exactly. I have the Tol'vir ring already, and since they announced the new Alchemy trinkets and the change to the Tol Barad trinket, I absolutely don't need the NE trinket anymore.

I could use the Troll sword for off spec but... I don't go ret very often and my alts don't use 2-handers.

I'm glad it's 525, but I really haven't used it in well over a month (when I got my ring)

I love it.. but please.. please increase Tol'vir spawn rates.

yeah they could of made it much better...
    - no specific zones , but random spots everywhere
    -metal detector in ur bags
    - engineers get enhanced metal detectors with increased range detection.
    - get a low slow beep when ur close or flying over an artifact
    - move around till the beep becomes continues and high pitched
    - increase chance of high quality of items due to the smaller chance you of finding one.
    - slower proggression
    Night Elf till I die
    Everything else is second best

Deleted
    Archaeology is the worst secondary profession ever made, and its an insane time sink..

I enjoy it, the same way I enjoy mining or herbing or fishing. When I'm watching TV, or waiting on a queue, or just want to log on and goof around for 15 or 20 minutes it's something to do with my hands. Takes as much or as little time as I wish it to, takes very little attention. It's like playing minesweeper or solitaire. Just low-intensity games to provide a little amusement.

Edit to add - I do wish they'd added the Path of the Titans. With that in the game, archaeology was supposed to tie into it, and would have some pretty cool use, in addition to just the small chance of finding a 359 item that may or may not be useful to your class. (At least they're BoA.)

Deleted
    Epics in Arch should require you to grind a lot and do loads of stuff. Still they should have a 100% chance of dropping...

All this RNG over something as repeating as this is just too sucky IMO

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy it, mostly because it's something to do and easy as heck. ^^
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

I'd like it if Zin'Rokh actually existed. At 250-ish now, nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    i enjoy it, i think its fun. :P
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

Beats fishing.
    uǝʞoɹq sı ɹǝʇndɯoɔ ʎɯ ʞuıɥʇ ı