Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #121
    I will never believe balance is as hard as they say it is. I dont even care if every class is 100% balanced. I dont recall a time when I wouldnt log on because some class was just so incredibly broken.

    Of course Ford retires old models but they are still around arent they? They dont hunt them all down and scrap them when a new model comes out. A new class wouldnt be entirely new either. It will still be melee dps/ranged dps/tank etc.

    I dont recall saying they should redo WoW from the ground up. I also dont see how adding new classes would do that.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    You want more classes? Rift is thataway.
    I heard it only has 4 classes with 8 specs each. Which makes 32 specs, almost like in wow
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

    I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Henke View Post
    Or maybe Blizzard, since we pay their paychecks, could just introduce something new to the game?
    No we don't, even if you put together everyone who paid subs in this thread you wouldn't have enough money to pay them for a month. That argument is flawed because you believe that everyone has the same issues and want the same things done.

    And as was stated adding another class skews the already fragile balance of the game and they end up dedicating much more money and resources at something then they really need to, and end up pushing aside projects and ideas that they would rather be working on.

    Argument is well and truley over.

    ---------- Post added 2011-02-03 at 11:22 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghier View Post
    Of course Ford retires old models but they are still around arent they? They dont hunt them all down and scrap them when a new model comes out. A new class wouldnt be entirely new either. It will still be melee dps/ranged dps/tank etc.
    But they don't actively make or improve them once they are retired, your argument falls over at that point. Wheras if they added new classes in every expansion, the old classes still need to be tuned, balanced and improved as time goes on.

  4. #124
    How many people in this thread actually did play all 30 specs? In every expansion?

    WoW classes are already much more diverse / complex than most MMOs have. And mechanics for most classes / specs changes with every expansion
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

    I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

  5. #125
    Mechagnome Kidoeng7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Your worst NightmareS
    Posts
    741
    I never complained i love my Hunter 4 years on him almost and now leveling a second :P
    Anyway we have 10 classes already why do we need another one? the only thing we will get is almost all starting to play it @ the first month, it will be OP as shit like DK in the beginning (hai wtf pawned)
    Last edited by Kidoeng7; 2011-02-04 at 09:50 AM.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by partizan View Post
    Bring on the bards!
    Now we're getting somewhere!

  7. #127
    Balance. and some extra words

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrena View Post
    No we don't, even if you put together everyone who paid subs in this thread you wouldn't have enough money to pay them for a month. That argument is flawed because you believe that everyone has the same issues and want the same things done.

    And as was stated adding another class skews the already fragile balance of the game and they end up dedicating much more money and resources at something then they really need to, and end up pushing aside projects and ideas that they would rather be working on.

    Argument is well and truley over.

    ---------- Post added 2011-02-03 at 11:22 PM ----------



    But they don't actively make or improve them once they are retired, your argument falls over at that point. Wheras if they added new classes in every expansion, the old classes still need to be tuned, balanced and improved as time goes on.
    I'm not sure where you're getting that how much we monthly pay couldn't pay their salaries for a month... 15 dollars a month roughly for 10-12 million players. 150 million dollars. I gurantee you that blizzard doesn't have 10,000 people working on this game in it's current state. I could be wrong but i think the numbers are maybe half that, so let's say 5k. Do you really think that blizzard pays it's employees 30k a month on average? That means that they are making upwards of 350k a year. Sorry but i doubt that. Just proving your point wrong for the sake of argument.

    ---------- Post added 2011-02-04 at 10:00 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by maxtor View Post
    I heard resources only equals money and not knowledge and skillful people
    I heard knowledgable and skillful people come in hundreds, and that money is more than an incentive to get them.

  9. #129
    i hope they dont introduce new classes tbh, theres already enough balance issues

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    I'm not sure where you're getting that how much we monthly pay couldn't pay their salaries for a month... 15 dollars a month roughly for 10-12 million players. 150 million dollars. I gurantee you that blizzard doesn't have 10,000 people working on this game in it's current state. I could be wrong but i think the numbers are maybe half that, so let's say 5k. Do you really think that blizzard pays it's employees 30k a month on average? That means that they are making upwards of 350k a year. Sorry but i doubt that. Just proving your point wrong for the sake of argument.
    He meant people in this thread, as in people requesting new class. I think that majority of players, while still they would appreciate new classes, doesn't really need them, and has enough fun with those 10 that we have
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

    I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

  11. #131
    We aren't getting a new class because we're still recovering from the fiasco that is the former new class...
    Last edited by Siderr; 2011-02-04 at 10:22 AM.
    You will find that just as defiance has it's price, so obedience has it's rewards.

  12. #132
    Because the community play a evolving game but don't want it evolved. Remember when DKs were launched. That is why.

  13. #133
    Classes are incredibly hard to balance. I would rather they perfect the current ones than put in new ones.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghier View Post
    I will never believe balance is as hard as they say it is. I dont even care if every class is 100% balanced. I dont recall a time when I wouldnt log on because some class was just so incredibly broken.

    Of course Ford retires old models but they are still around arent they? They dont hunt them all down and scrap them when a new model comes out. A new class wouldnt be entirely new either. It will still be melee dps/ranged dps/tank etc.

    I dont recall saying they should redo WoW from the ground up. I also dont see how adding new classes would do that.
    You don't have to believe it. However, you are wrong.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghier View Post
    New races are cool but the classes are still the same. When wotlk came out the first thing I did was make a DK and level it to 80. I had already played every other class extensively by then. I was excited about goblins and I levelled a goblin mage from 1-85 but its still a mage. I also wasnt subscribed for half of wotlk so I shouldnt be surprised that im super bored with WoW right now.
    The above bolded statement is why.

    You and 80% of other players did this.

    This is why Wrath of the Deathknight was jokingly called.. well you just read what it was jokingly called.

    Blizzard *SHOULD* have made at least 2 classes for WotLK.

    But apparently blizz thinks balancing classes is hard and given the fact they are absolutely determined to balance PvE and PVP trees against each other (constantly nerfing very reasonable PvE abilities because they are too powerful in PVP for instance (fear , bubble, Deathgrip) I am forced to agree.
    Blizzard sucks at doing that job. I think anyone would suck at it because its a stupid decision to make.

    Simplest solution Don't balance PVP vs PVE they are not == and now your classes would be easier to balance, and much more friendly to introducing more classes into the game.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by boubadoo View Post
    To many peopel this game isn about raiding

    its about just relaxing and playing, and having fun.

    I know a mag ethat in his free time he hoards all the gold he can get. Its fun for him to control the AH and spend his non raid tome making as much gold as possible. Him and i have talke several times about a "support" class.

    Most peopel have a support toon with gathering professions, why not a class? Would be fun for many and needed by more. I lik ethe idea.
    healers and hibrids are support classes(mostly)

    ---------- Post added 2011-02-04 at 02:24 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by erebusman View Post
    The above bolded statement is why.

    You and 80% of other players did this.

    This is why Wrath of the Deathknight was jokingly called.. well you just read what it was jokingly called.

    Blizzard *SHOULD* have made at least 2 classes for WotLK.

    But apparently blizz thinks balancing classes is hard and given the fact they are absolutely determined to balance PvE and PVP trees against each other (constantly nerfing very reasonable PvE abilities because they are too powerful in PVP for instance (fear , bubble, Deathgrip) I am forced to agree.
    Blizzard sucks at doing that job. I think anyone would suck at it because its a stupid decision to make.

    Simplest solution Don't balance PVP vs PVE they are not == and now your classes would be easier to balance, and much more friendly to introducing more classes into the game.
    classes don't grow in trees,and there are mostly kids who ask for them(and better graphics too)

    I for one never wanted the DK to be created

  17. #137
    I am Murloc! Anjerith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The apotheosis of all Deserts
    Posts
    5,031
    While things like DnD can get away with having 40 different player classes, a game like WoW cannot.

    But if you are not satisfied with this simple answer then look at it like this; each class has 3 specs. Make up a name for each of those specs and you have magically increased the number of classes in WoW.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    classes don't grow in trees,and there are mostly kids who ask for them(and better graphics too)

    I for one never wanted the DK to be created
    This. What the people want, and what is good for them, are two entirely separate things that often do not coincide. People claim they want "more" and then later find out they aren't using what they have. They claim they want more variety only to find out they're spread too thin. They claim they want free/cheap rewards and then suddenly they're all geared up and bored because they have no motivation to do anything. It's a cyclical problem that will just continue to happen.

  19. #139
    I think it must be very difficult for Bliz to do all the balancing after the class is out.
    Ive been playing my DK since it arrived, and I think we might still be a little OP.
    Im always top DPS as frost pve and blood pvp im pretty much just an indestrucible tank...

    But its so much fun

  20. #140
    I would love to see blizz adding a Tank/healer class, 1 spec for tanking 2 for healing, it will make it a unique class.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •