Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcano View Post
    I would love to see blizz adding a Tank/healer class, 1 spec for tanking 2 for healing, it will make it a unique class.
    Nobody would even bother to play a 2 heal 1 tank hybrid.

Your comment marks the essential problem with adding classes; the game doesn't have any niche roles for a new hybrid to fill.

Though many people in the WoW community were not around at the start, the idea of Hero classes in their original sense; Your character growing into the new class, is really the only way to go. Like Mages? Work toward turning them into an Archmage. Like Druids? Work toward turning them into an Archdruid. And so on.

Sadly the developers never bothered to allocate the resources needed to accomplish this initial goal.

Blizzard can't even properly balance what they already have why the hell would you want to add more to the chaos.

We have enough classes already. Why have more?

Thanks Pjammiez for the signature!

I think the main reason to why they don't introduce new classes often is because of balancing issues.

Anyways, I'm guessing we will see a healer/DPS class since we got a tank/DPS. Maybe a pure DPS, you never know.

what else should there be? a cloth melee?
    Heltobob EU - Blackrock
    Guys i am a scientist and through my extensive knowledge and use of the hubble telescope it looks like as soon as they nerfed heroics in cata subs started dropping, coincidence with easy 5 mans in mop and dropping subs? i think not (Daffan)

nothing is missing raid-wise
    nothing can fit lore-wise (ofcourse there are some but there are new races and in order for new classes then it should have been a MUST RELEASE class where none exist for this exp)
    also, i doubt blizz would like to balance an additional class, let alone mess it up (imo) like they did with DK when they were released.
    plus, no more Class spree pls :P

At this point, I'd rather have 10 polished classes than 11 or 12 classes that are hugely imbalanced against each other. Maybe if I had a really good idea for a new class, I'd feel differently. But every cool feature I think of could easily be applied to an existing class. Also, I have yet to see anyone post a great new class idea on the forums. Such a proposition would have to be REALLY good on paper, this is WoW after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcano View Post
    I would love to see blizz adding a Tank/healer class, 1 spec for tanking 2 for healing, it will make it a unique class.
    It won't be long if they do that before half the people who rolled it start to whine that they can't do something because they don't have the DPS. Also, part of the reason every class in the game has a DPS spec is because it's the fallback. So you have an off-tank for your raid. If you don't need x amount of tanks that fight, he goes DPS. What happens he can only go healer, but you already have enough healers?

take it that you have to calculate the max damage/healing/survivability/moveability/any other stat this game contains for 3 different specs for each of them to perform the same amount, yet all in a different way, now imagine how much time and creative energy it takes, now multiply the original 3 by 15, begining to see the problem? :P
    Last edited by Gnasnimadan; 2011-02-04 at 03:08 PM.
    Your post doesn't deserve a slot in my thread! But it would make the perfect coaster for my drink!

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlapse View Post
    From my understanding, they were pretty broken in PvP as well.

Actually, our viewpoint is the more logical one. You want a new class like a child wants candy instead of a healthy dinner. To the child, it's perfectly normal and you can't imagine any reason why anyone wouldn't want it. However, any logical adult would see that eating candy would be an unhealthy substitute for dinner and would probably just make you feel sick afterwards.

Adding a new class at this point would probably hurt the health of the game without adding a lot to it. Chances are you'd have to overlap other classes a lot, step on some toes, and would probably take several months to "get it right".

You're right that nobody wants to play the same class forever, but we have 9 other options to fall back on.
    The game has been out for how long now?????? yeah thats right the new players will play a class for some years if they dedicate themselfs to it.. i have played since molten core was cool.. do you really not think im tired of all the classes??? .. im grateful for the monk FINALLY.. you are saying you dont want a new class because it will fuck up your arena ratings (example) or some shit like that.. you dont even understand what i wrote.. new things are interesting new classes brings new animations new spells new colors new tactics NEW EVERYTHING.. and you dont want it because it will fuck up your routine sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by godz View Post
    The game has been out for how long now?????? yeah thats right the new players will play a class for some years if they dedicate themselfs to it.. i have played since molten core was cool.. do you really not think im tired of all the classes??? .. im grateful for the monk FINALLY.. you are saying you dont want a new class because it will fuck up your arena ratings (example) or some shit like that.. you dont even understand what i wrote.. new things are interesting new classes brings new animations new spells new colors new tactics NEW EVERYTHING.. and you dont want it because it will fuck up your routine sigh.
    Why did you necro a almost 2 year old thread?
    End SJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I fucking hate this LGBT and gender equality shit invading video games.

not sure why this needed bumping...
    Too cool for a signature

The DK was an amazing failure, that's why.

Now that the Monk worked out well, maybe we'll see more classes in the future.
    "You should only install Warlords on your master hard drive. They will never be slaves." - @CM_Lore

I'm expecting 7.0 revealed at Blizzcon. They want yearly expansions after all. If they don't reveal it, I'll be happy as it means Quality is still before Quantity in Irving.

Wasn't really necessary to necro this thread. Closing