Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Id rather see tree changes than new class, some suggest 4th trees, but if balancing is an issue with a new class 4th trees would be just as rough if not more.
    Sub spec idea I put up is another option, but whatever it is a fun addition to all classes would be more welcome than just adding one.

Its really amazing how hard people defend them on balancing. Its not like they are trying to put a rocket made of jello into space. Anyone being honest could tell you that DKs were OP at wotlk release. It doesnt take millions of dollars and months of research.

The suggestion that we dont need new classes is ridiculous. Business is all about new. What if ford never made new designs on their vehicles? They all fill the need to drive down the road so whats the point? Ford would obviously go bankrupt and the other manufacturers would LOL.

You can bet their new MMO "Titan" will have tons of new stuff if they want people to buy it. According to a lot of people here they should just use the 10 classes from WoW and save the time and money of being creative. Then state that balancing is truly never done and these 10 classes take up all their time. So they cant add any more. You really dont need more than 10 anyway because every "niche" is filled. Which is one of the dumbest things ive ever heard. Would you really complain if there were more choices of melee dps? I REALLY want to work at Blizzard. Sounds like the easiest job ever.
    Last edited by Ghier; 2011-02-03 at 10:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlapse View Post
    I heard throwing money at problems solves them 100% of the time.
    I heard resources only equals money and not knowledge and skillful people
    Quote Originally Posted by christschinwon
    these isolated tracks really do show the playing warts & all which is a good thing. I'd hate to think that my musical heros were machine like perfectionists. Steve Harris is & will always be just a cockney geezer who also happens to be a fucking great bass player!

This game does not need new classes. What it needs is content and balancing.

Blizzard can't properly balance the classes and specs in the game now, you honestly want to add more?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by esmifra View Post
    Balancing DKs took the entire expansion, and balancing 10 classes is no child's play, more classes would just turn things worse.
    Or maybe Blizzard, since we pay their paychecks, could just introduce something new to the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghier View Post
    Its really amazing how hard people defend them on balancing. Its not like they are trying to put a rocket made of jello into space. Anyone being honest could tell you that DKs were OP at wotlk release. It doesnt take millions of dollars and months of research.

The suggestion that we dont need new classes is ridiculous. Business is all about new. What if ford never made new designs on their vehicles? They all fill the need to drive down the road so whats the point? Ford would obviously go bankrupt and the other manufacturers would LOL.

You can bet their new MMO "Titan" will have tons of new stuff if they want people to buy it. According to a lot of people here they should just use the 10 classes from WoW and save the time and money of being creative. Then state that balancing is truly never done and these 10 classes take up all their time. So they cant add any more. You really dont need more than 10 anyway because every "niche" is filled. Which is one of the dumbest things ive ever heard. Would you really complain if there were more choices of melee dps? I REALLY want to work at Blizzard. Sounds like the easiest job ever.
    Bad analogy is bad. Identifying that a class or spec is over or underpowered in one or more aspects is not as simple as correcting it without going too far or unduly hampering it in one or more aspects, while also avoiding adverse impact to other classes that rely on shared mechanics. Unfortunately, most of the vocal playerbase (a small part of the actual playerbase btw) think in simple terms like your post and don't actually get it, and probably never will.

The ford analogy is hilariously awful as well. Ford doesn't just keep adding cars. They retire old models every year, and the "new" is usually just a change, not actually something entirely new. At any given time they have a relatively small lineup, or we'd be offerred a thousand different models from each car company. Would you like them to cull classes just so they have room for new crap? Do yourself a favor and don't try to enter the business world. Study something nice and abstract like art of philosophy.

New game is new. WoW is not. If you want something drastically different, then CHANGE to it. There is no reason to completely undermine and redo wow from the ground up because some people are obsessed with change for the sake of change instead of any actual value-add.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfador View Post
    I was wondering how long it would take for an <insert meaningless dead/dying MMO here> comparison in this thread.

So what, your justification for a new class is "because."

Just because they can add something, doesn't mean that they should.
    I was wondering how long it would take before we saw a "I was wondering how long it would take before....." sentence.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    They added a new class to each faction in BC when they gave horde paladins and alliance shamans.

If we get another class we can't have anymore 10 man classruns without making someone feel left out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    cmon demon hunters for emerald dream >_>
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer

Overall, we don't need any new classes. If anything 10 is already too many and the homogenization is over the top as is. Even if they made another class it wouldn't be anything special, just the same stuff we currently have with different move names. There are 5 roles in this game; Tank, Healer, Caster DPS, Ranged DPS, Melee DPS. You can combine them in any way you want, they're still the same. The only truly unique class we have is hunters with ranged, but all in all, an arrow really is no different then a spell, other then looks.

There are already too many problems trying to balance 10 separate classes, each with at least 3 different talent trees each (4 for Druids who can be either tank or melee DPS) to the point where it's a juggling game. Adding in another class is pretty moronic at that point.

Ask yourself this honestly OP; If they add another class, how likely are you to play the game for? It seems to me like you say you're tired of the game and haven't played for a long time as you feel there is nothing new, so how long would a new class really hold your attention anyway? Two months? Six months? A year at most?

Quote Originally Posted by ghier View Post
    new races are cool but the classes are still the same. When wotlk came out the first thing i did was make a dk and level it to 80. I had already played every other class extensively by then. I was excited about goblins and i levelled a goblin mage from 1-85 but its still a mage. I also wasnt subscribed for half of wotlk so i shouldnt be surprised that im super bored with wow right now.
    No one forces you to keep playing.

Not to mention most classes are 80% copied from another class.

Out of all classes and specs there's probably 5 or 6 really different classes right now.

You want more classes? Rift is thataway.

I will never believe balance is as hard as they say it is. I dont even care if every class is 100% balanced. I dont recall a time when I wouldnt log on because some class was just so incredibly broken.

Of course Ford retires old models but they are still around arent they? They dont hunt them all down and scrap them when a new model comes out. A new class wouldnt be entirely new either. It will still be melee dps/ranged dps/tank etc.

I dont recall saying they should redo WoW from the ground up. I also dont see how adding new classes would do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    You want more classes? Rift is thataway.
    I heard it only has 4 classes with 8 specs each. Which makes 32 specs, almost like in wow
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Henke View Post
    Or maybe Blizzard, since we pay their paychecks, could just introduce something new to the game?
    No we don't, even if you put together everyone who paid subs in this thread you wouldn't have enough money to pay them for a month. That argument is flawed because you believe that everyone has the same issues and want the same things done.

And as was stated adding another class skews the already fragile balance of the game and they end up dedicating much more money and resources at something then they really need to, and end up pushing aside projects and ideas that they would rather be working on.

Argument is well and truley over.

---------- Post added 2011-02-03 at 11:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ghier View Post
    Of course Ford retires old models but they are still around arent they? They dont hunt them all down and scrap them when a new model comes out. A new class wouldnt be entirely new either. It will still be melee dps/ranged dps/tank etc.
    But they don't actively make or improve them once they are retired, your argument falls over at that point. Wheras if they added new classes in every expansion, the old classes still need to be tuned, balanced and improved as time goes on.

How many people in this thread actually did play all 30 specs? In every expansion?

WoW classes are already much more diverse / complex than most MMOs have. And mechanics for most classes / specs changes with every expansion
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never complained i love my Hunter 4 years on him almost and now leveling a second :P
    Anyway we have 10 classes already why do we need another one? the only thing we will get is almost all starting to play it @ the first month, it will be OP as shit like DK in the beginning (hai wtf pawned)
    Last edited by Kidoeng7; 2011-02-04 at 09:50 AM.
    Retired

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by partizan View Post
    Bring on the bards!
    Now we're getting somewhere!