Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Balance. and some extra words

Quote Originally Posted by Adrena View Post
    No we don't, even if you put together everyone who paid subs in this thread you wouldn't have enough money to pay them for a month. That argument is flawed because you believe that everyone has the same issues and want the same things done.

And as was stated adding another class skews the already fragile balance of the game and they end up dedicating much more money and resources at something then they really need to, and end up pushing aside projects and ideas that they would rather be working on.

Argument is well and truley over.

---------- Post added 2011-02-03 at 11:22 PM ----------

But they don't actively make or improve them once they are retired, your argument falls over at that point. Wheras if they added new classes in every expansion, the old classes still need to be tuned, balanced and improved as time goes on.
    I'm not sure where you're getting that how much we monthly pay couldn't pay their salaries for a month... 15 dollars a month roughly for 10-12 million players. 150 million dollars. I gurantee you that blizzard doesn't have 10,000 people working on this game in it's current state. I could be wrong but i think the numbers are maybe half that, so let's say 5k. Do you really think that blizzard pays it's employees 30k a month on average? That means that they are making upwards of 350k a year. Sorry but i doubt that. Just proving your point wrong for the sake of argument.

---------- Post added 2011-02-04 at 10:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by maxtor View Post
    I heard resources only equals money and not knowledge and skillful people
    I heard knowledgable and skillful people come in hundreds, and that money is more than an incentive to get them.

i hope they dont introduce new classes tbh, theres already enough balance issues

Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    I'm not sure where you're getting that how much we monthly pay couldn't pay their salaries for a month... 15 dollars a month roughly for 10-12 million players. 150 million dollars. I gurantee you that blizzard doesn't have 10,000 people working on this game in it's current state. I could be wrong but i think the numbers are maybe half that, so let's say 5k. Do you really think that blizzard pays it's employees 30k a month on average? That means that they are making upwards of 350k a year. Sorry but i doubt that. Just proving your point wrong for the sake of argument.
    He meant people in this thread, as in people requesting new class. I think that majority of players, while still they would appreciate new classes, doesn't really need them, and has enough fun with those 10 that we have
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Deleted
    We aren't getting a new class because we're still recovering from the fiasco that is the former new class...
    Last edited by mmoc68593eebb0; 2011-02-04 at 10:22 AM.

Because the community play a evolving game but don't want it evolved. Remember when DKs were launched. That is why.

Classes are incredibly hard to balance. I would rather they perfect the current ones than put in new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghier View Post
    I will never believe balance is as hard as they say it is. I dont even care if every class is 100% balanced. I dont recall a time when I wouldnt log on because some class was just so incredibly broken.

Of course Ford retires old models but they are still around arent they? They dont hunt them all down and scrap them when a new model comes out. A new class wouldnt be entirely new either. It will still be melee dps/ranged dps/tank etc.

I dont recall saying they should redo WoW from the ground up. I also dont see how adding new classes would do that.
    You don't have to believe it. However, you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghier View Post
    New races are cool but the classes are still the same. When wotlk came out the first thing I did was make a DK and level it to 80. I had already played every other class extensively by then. I was excited about goblins and I levelled a goblin mage from 1-85 but its still a mage. I also wasnt subscribed for half of wotlk so I shouldnt be surprised that im super bored with WoW right now.
    The above bolded statement is why.

You and 80% of other players did this.

This is why Wrath of the Deathknight was jokingly called.. well you just read what it was jokingly called.

Blizzard *SHOULD* have made at least 2 classes for WotLK.

But apparently blizz thinks balancing classes is hard and given the fact they are absolutely determined to balance PvE and PVP trees against each other (constantly nerfing very reasonable PvE abilities because they are too powerful in PVP for instance (fear , bubble, Deathgrip) I am forced to agree.
    Blizzard sucks at doing that job. I think anyone would suck at it because its a stupid decision to make.

Simplest solution Don't balance PVP vs PVE they are not == and now your classes would be easier to balance, and much more friendly to introducing more classes into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by boubadoo View Post
    To many peopel this game isn about raiding

its about just relaxing and playing, and having fun.

I know a mag ethat in his free time he hoards all the gold he can get. Its fun for him to control the AH and spend his non raid tome making as much gold as possible. Him and i have talke several times about a "support" class.

Most peopel have a support toon with gathering professions, why not a class? Would be fun for many and needed by more. I lik ethe idea.
    healers and hibrids are support classes(mostly)

---------- Post added 2011-02-04 at 02:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by erebusman View Post
    The above bolded statement is why.

You and 80% of other players did this.

This is why Wrath of the Deathknight was jokingly called.. well you just read what it was jokingly called.

Blizzard *SHOULD* have made at least 2 classes for WotLK.

But apparently blizz thinks balancing classes is hard and given the fact they are absolutely determined to balance PvE and PVP trees against each other (constantly nerfing very reasonable PvE abilities because they are too powerful in PVP for instance (fear , bubble, Deathgrip) I am forced to agree.
    Blizzard sucks at doing that job. I think anyone would suck at it because its a stupid decision to make.

Simplest solution Don't balance PVP vs PVE they are not == and now your classes would be easier to balance, and much more friendly to introducing more classes into the game.
    classes don't grow in trees,and there are mostly kids who ask for them(and better graphics too)

I for one never wanted the DK to be created

10+ Year Old Account
    While things like DnD can get away with having 40 different player classes, a game like WoW cannot.

But if you are not satisfied with this simple answer then look at it like this; each class has 3 specs. Make up a name for each of those specs and you have magically increased the number of classes in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    classes don't grow in trees,and there are mostly kids who ask for them(and better graphics too)

I for one never wanted the DK to be created
    This. What the people want, and what is good for them, are two entirely separate things that often do not coincide. People claim they want "more" and then later find out they aren't using what they have. They claim they want more variety only to find out they're spread too thin. They claim they want free/cheap rewards and then suddenly they're all geared up and bored because they have no motivation to do anything. It's a cyclical problem that will just continue to happen.

I think it must be very difficult for Bliz to do all the balancing after the class is out.
    Ive been playing my DK since it arrived, and I think we might still be a little OP.
    Im always top DPS as frost pve and blood pvp im pretty much just an indestrucible tank...

But its so much fun

I would love to see blizz adding a Tank/healer class, 1 spec for tanking 2 for healing, it will make it a unique class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcano View Post
    I would love to see blizz adding a Tank/healer class, 1 spec for tanking 2 for healing, it will make it a unique class.
    Nobody would even bother to play a 2 heal 1 tank hybrid.

Your comment marks the essential problem with adding classes; the game doesn't have any niche roles for a new hybrid to fill.

Though many people in the WoW community were not around at the start, the idea of Hero classes in their original sense; Your character growing into the new class, is really the only way to go. Like Mages? Work toward turning them into an Archmage. Like Druids? Work toward turning them into an Archdruid. And so on.

Sadly the developers never bothered to allocate the resources needed to accomplish this initial goal.

Blizzard can't even properly balance what they already have why the hell would you want to add more to the chaos.

Deleted
    We have enough classes already. Why have more?

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the main reason to why they don't introduce new classes often is because of balancing issues.

Anyways, I'm guessing we will see a healer/DPS class since we got a tank/DPS. Maybe a pure DPS, you never know.

what else should there be? a cloth melee?

Deleted
    nothing is missing raid-wise
    nothing can fit lore-wise (ofcourse there are some but there are new races and in order for new classes then it should have been a MUST RELEASE class where none exist for this exp)
    also, i doubt blizz would like to balance an additional class, let alone mess it up (imo) like they did with DK when they were released.
    plus, no more Class spree pls :P