Deleted

Prot Hit/Expertise and Holy Power..

Well.. If you haven't noticed yet.. On the PTR, blizzard have fixed Crusader Strike, so you are unable to get Holy Power From it if you parry/dodge/miss now..
    - But thankfully if you Miss/Dodge/Parry a Shield of the Righteous you still don't lose your Holy Power..

Perhaps we need just a little more hit/expertise in 4.0.6 now

Doubt it. I still think dodge/parry/mastery will be much more desireable. At least after you've reached the "threat cap".

Deleted
    Hit and Expertise will be more desirable if you want a successful Rebuke/Avengers Shield. Very handy in stupid pugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't necessarily know if this is a 'fix' exactly. A missed CS for a tank would be particularly devastating if it didn't guarantee the HP regardless, and I really don't think we have it in our item budget for hit and expertise outside of racials and glyphs with as punishing as the content is right now.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by Wattershed View Post
    Hit and Expertise will be more desirable if you want a successful Rebuke/Avengers Shield. Very handy in stupid pugs.
    Ideally you want two sets of gear. One with hit/expertise capped, and one with as much mastery/dodge/parry as you can psoibly get.
    Most people don't have this because gemming and enchanting, and having a second set to actually drop requires a fair bit of gold and time.
    Overall I still think a mastery/parry/dodge set will be better overall. At least in raids. For HC's I'd go with a threat set for more damage if the healer is decent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that multiples of this topic sprung up at once, I'm arbitrarily picking one and directing all the conversation there! Muwahahahahaha!

(HINT: go here)
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!