Thread: Camouflage? ;o

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Pretty sure Flare is instant now? Not to mention latency of each other and the graphic don't help.
    Ice Traps share DR, but Frost will always slow you(just like earth bind).

Melee gap closers:
    • Charge and Intercept share a CD(from an Arms perspective) - Improved Hamstring/Throwdown/Concussion Blow aren't exactly gap closers when they require melee range. The others could be used, I guess. But who PvPs seriously as Prot/Fury?
    • I said Sprint, Shadowstep, okay you got that one - Others aren't as they require melee.
    • Ret HoJ is 10 yards, guess you could class it as a small gap closer. Repentance.. hmm used more of a CC now than just gap closer since people like to chain CC eachother. Hand of Freedom and Bubble are dispelled the second they're up :P
    • Said the Wolves, Frost Shock root requires Frostbrand weapon on their target does it not?(if not then sure you got that, but enh PvP? lol). Earthbind requires pretty close and by the time it ticks you'd be away from it. As with Repentance, you'd use Hex as a pressure/CC rather than a gap closer. Ghost wolf, okay I'll give you that. :P
    • Said Feral Charge, but Stampeding Roar is alright I guess. Infected Wounds/Stealth Openers require melee so not really 'gap closing'.

But again, as said, can we go back to Camouflage not what abilities every melee class has and what Hunters have to get away? :P

@spitfirek; Nope, it was me playing I literally stood right next to him in melee ranged whilst he was stood still in Camo, it just said "Your vision of the target is Obscured" when trying to use abilities like Pounce. Though I could just right click and auto attack him out - but why would I do such a thing? :<
    Whats there to get back on? on Camo i mean.
    Yes, its not a fearie fire or smt thing.

It works like you sayd right now, rogues nor druids cant open unless they use a direct melee attack, but they cant kidney sap etc.
    Is it a bug or not, who knows, but what exactly do you want to discuss about it?

And obviously, youre not biased in your options at all...oh this is situational and you rather use it as cc not gap closer-so it doesent count, where's you list things like concussive shot at 100% uptime, + snake trap like its a huge bonus.

Ill redo the list you did for hunters a bit, using the metod you did for other classes, so ull see, its all from pov.

Whereas you alone have an arsenal of abilities to stay at range

Concussive Shot(100% uptime) - need to be on range to use, cant use in melee, so doesent count.
    Disengage - ok, lets give you that.
    Deterrence(IF they can get to you, they can't keep you there) - doesent work if stunned, disarmed, so doesent count.
    Master's Call(removing any slows etc.) - needs pet to be alive, just kill it? doesent count
    Frost Trap - you need to step into it, to activate, rogues can disarm it, shares cooldown with ice trap. ...say , its a small option?
    Ice Trap - see above.
    Snake Trap(Crippling Poison and Entrapment procc)- see above+you can kill the snakes before they appy anything. Doesent count.
    Wyvern Sting- used as cc, so doesent count(like repetance)
    Pet Abilities such as Slows, Stuns, immobilizing effects - just kill the pet?
    You really need to rethink from both sides, when you start labelling things like that. And stop beeing biased when you write a post.

But aside from the offtopic, yeah, camo is either bugged or not doing what the tooltip says.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Just to set the record straight:-

Flare does instantly take you out of stealth, even if the flare hasn't landed if you're in the targeted area it WILL bring you out. It's not hard to see, but it doesn't matter if you don't see it if it's dropped on you, or dropped on the hunter it can be constantly applied so you can't get to them without breaking stealth, unless lag is on your side. Not that it would make a difference if you do, you get there, firstly you can't even hit them(hence this bug) and then you'd get trapped anyway.

Hunter's Mark and Marked for Death do allow you to be stealthed, but there is no point in stealthing as the Hunter can see you no matter what your range is.

Hunter CC isn't the worst in the game at all, if you want to trap someone it isn't hard to make sure you have no DoTs on them. Frost Trap is awesome, as it doesn't get DR. not to mention Ice and Wyvern Sting don't share a CD or DR. If you're PvPing you're going to be specced into the Entrapment anyway.. And, you get a free Rogue in your pocket(Snake Trap poisons).

If you can't get away from a melee as a Hunter you're doing something wrong. Melee have too many gap closers?
    • Warrior - Charge/Heroic Leap
    • Rogue - Sprint
    • Ret Paladin - Lolsprint
    • Death Knight - Death Grip/Chains of Ice
    • Feral Druid - Feral Charge
    • Enhancement Shaman - Wolf Sprint

Whereas you alone have an arsenal of abilities to stay at range; Not to mention in PvP you'll have partners to peel you, so there's no point complaining. And if you're talking 1v1 then.. just.. go.
    • Concussive Shot(100% uptime)
    • Disengage
    • Deterrence(IF they can get to you, they can't keep you there)
    • Master's Call(removing any slows etc.)
    • Frost Trap
    • Ice Trap
    • Snake Trap(Crippling Poison and Entrapment procc)
    • Wyvern Sting
    • Pet Abilities such as Slows, Stuns, immobilizing effects
    Need I go on?

To the rest of your post, what I could make out, it's a L2P issue.

So please, do me a favour and stop complaining, and stop going off-topic in my thread. This is about a Camouflage bug, not Hunter Vs melee. It has NOTHING to do with that.
    Basically you're saying you play really badly, and its your thread? Lets put your straight:

a) its not your thread. you are the thread starter, you have zero ownership or control over whats posted.

b) check how many hunters are getting anywhere significant in arenas? oh its under 1% oh right, just learn your class please and pvp better, cos right now experienced pvpers are having a chuckle at you.

Just laughing right now, did you guys even read the OP?

I know there is nothing else left to discuss with the Camouflage 'bug', but seriously? I said I encountered a bug duelling a friend messing around, where did I say I couldn't beat him? Where did I say I lost? Where did I say Hunters where OP, needed a nerf or that they always beat melee? I said they have a lot of abilities to deal with melee.

Since this is just turning into off topic, let it die.