Ventrilo Question

Hey guys!

I was just wondering if there is a way to configure vent to mute or lower the volume of outside sources (i.e. iTunes or WoW sound). I really enjoy listening to music while I raid, or hearing the dialogue and voice acting of a new boss, but these things can be distracting when an important instruction comes over vent. I read that Mumble has this ability, but I am at a loss for figuring out how/if this works with Ventrilo. Thanks so much for any insight you can provide!

10+ Year Old Account
    under the voice tab in setup theres an option called ducking on the regular vent client
    this only is available on windows 7

Deleted
    Hey, sorry to thread-jack but I got a similar question and might as well post it here instead of making a new thread. I’m after the same thing but for Teamspeak3 .

Cheers and good luck sorting your problem out OP .

@lockblock- hmmm I am still on Vista Anyone know of a Vista workaround? Or is it just going to have to stay the same?

@Braggy187- No problem! no reason to cloud up the forum when we are both looking for the same thing!

I'd like to know this as well, preferably for Windows XP though. I heard there was a program via google search, but I don't download stuff without people knowing about it(like from here).

:3 Thanks and sorry for the 'jack.

@Treelife

-Still looking as well, hopefully someone around here can point us in the right direction! And you didn't jack the thread, we are all looking for the same thing, so it is all good