Gemming hit [Destruction]

Basically i looted two new trinkets yesterday, i cannot reforge them to gain some hit so i had to gem most of my gear hit to get to the hit cap

Old Trinkets are
    Gale of shadows
    Heroic
    Requires Level 85
    Item Level 346
    Equip: Improves haste rating by 285. (Reforged to HIT)
    Your healing and damage periodic spells grant 17 spell power each time they heal or deal damage. Lasts 15 sec, stacking up to 20 times.

Lifebound-alchemist-stone

+380 Stamina
    Blue Socket
    Socket Bonus: +10 Critical Strike Rating
    Item Level 359
    Equip: Increases your mastery rating by 213. (REFORGED TO HIT)
    Increases the effect that healing and mana potions have on the wearer by 40%. This effect does not stack.

I have replaced those with.

New Trinkets
    Heart of Ignacious

Equip: Your damage spells grant Heart's Revelation, increasing spell power by 77 for 15 sec and stacking up to 5 times.
    Use: Consumes all applications of Heart's Revelation, increasing your haste rating by 321 per application consumed. Lasts 20 sec. (2 Min Cooldown)

Theralion's Mirror
    +321 Intellect
    Equip: Your harmful spells have a chance to grant 1926 mastery rating for 20 sec.

The question now i lost like alot of intel and gem bonuses to reach the hit cap is it really worth it i mean 0.50% miss chance should not a big deal?

Check out my armory and check out my gemming.

CharaterName: Freàk
    Realm: Jaedenar

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time, best regards.

PS. Armory haven't been updated with the new gems give it some time.

I cannot post any links otherwise i could have just linked the trinkets from the DB , seems i cannot post any links because this is my first post, oh well :|

Deleted
    Hi there,
    i checked your armory, you should never gem for any pure gem exept intellect, there are few base rules that come to gemming, if socket bonus is 20dps stat, then you can get that bonus, otherwise you shoud gem for pure intellect and of course hacing 2x orange gems for meta activation until new patch comes. and i allso saw that you are using crit destruction at the moment so hard to say about your other stats. i have gone to get haste cap on my own warlock and missing 111haste at the moment with it. and that little bit of hit you have from raidhit cap isn't so crusial. when you get more gear you will reach hitcap more easily.
    You should btw use glyph of Imp instead of chaos bolt for more dmg

you should also use 54int+2%mana meta at this moment with that gemming mentioned
    Last edited by mmoc97653df2ee; 2011-02-04 at 11:10 AM.

Deleted
    Hello had a look at you armoury mate

Your trinkets are very nice, what i would say is

(sourced for EJ's numbers)
    Your Heart of Ignacious gives you a 9dps!! improvement from Stump of Time,
    Now i know 9dps is still 9 dps but Stump of Time oozes lovely Hit and your will gain so much dps by gemming correctly and maybe less reforging,

Atm you have so many pure hit gems this would be my advice go all out to gain Stump of time, if you have fallen in love with your Heart Trinket keep it in reserve till you have more hit on other gears,

Also you have +50 Haste on your Wrist slot, this could be changed to +50 Hit, Which would ease your need to gem hit a bit,

When i had Hit issues i tried never to gem pure hit, Int/hit is nice, maybe if you had differnt bracer enchant and the Stump it would give you more freedom to mix it up.

Hit is nice but as said above it is no longer the end all of us Warlock if we aint capped, dont get me wrong get as close as you can but if it's pulling you out of your common sense i.e "I know pure hit is wrong but im not capped" dont pursue it.

Common rule till patch

Lower Gear Levels (333-346 Pre-Raid):

Int >> Hit (to cap) > Haste = Crit >> Mastery

Higher Gear Levels (359-372 Raid Gear):

Int >> Hit (to cap) > Crit > Haste >> Mastery

Just trying to help

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlunatic View Post

Higher Gear Levels (359-372 Raid Gear):

Int >> Hit (to cap) > Crit > Haste >> Mastery

Just trying to help
    Applyes after you have reached the hastecap of 2632 which gives you an extra tick for immolate and brings your GCD down to 1s

Thank you for your input guys, i guess i'll have to get stump of time (Not even exalted, slackage!) and resort my gemming.

Best regards