Ring of Valor's elevator

Hello peeps new member here. I have been a frequent visitor and reader to these forums and I very recently decided to get more involved. The issue I want to raise concerns a bug fix to Mages. "Bug Fixes : Ring of Frost can now be cast, and works properly, on transports (this includes elevators, trapdoors, etc.)." There may have been fixes to other classes similar to the Mages' fix but I only mention mages because I rarely check the patch notes for anything but Locks n Mages.

As a Warlock, there were MANY games where had I been allowed to set down my teleport, the outcome of the match would have shifted drastically towards my team's favor. This was and is happening in 2v2, I play Destro and my partner is a Frost Mage. The teleport circle cannot be casted on the elevator, nor any other transport device for that matter. We are forced to either quickly jump to one of the sides to set the teleport down, at which point we are out in the open, or if the opposing team is nice enough they'll go behind their pillar to think up a strategy, allowing you to set your teleport behind your pillar. A good warrior with some understanding of how Locks play will always get you before you're able to put down the teleport, same with DKs, rogues, and feral druids. And these classes when coupled together, say an Arms Warrior and a DK, makes it devastating when the Warrior charge/Bladestorms, and the DK dishes out some damage while under AMS, all which cannot be teleported out of, because you got Charged and Chains of Iced instantly as the elevator went up. This also happens in 3v3 but the presence of a healer with you whether in 3v3 or 2v2 alleviates the risk of being jumped teleportless.

I remember a while back, shortly after Ring of Valor got implemented, the same issue annoyed me. I searched for an explanation online and came across one in WoW forums, not sure if it was blue. It basically explained that the issue was known and that because Locks had an advantage over others in arenas like the one with the bridge (jumping down to teleport back up when followed), it was okay that others had an advantage over Locks in the Ring of Valor. I wasn't convinced but it was an explanation nontheless.

Now I come across that bug fix to Mages, which also fixes their inability to put down their Ring of Frost on the elevator in the Ring of Valor. Why are such things getting fixed for other classes when the ol' teleport bug is being neglected and not even mentioned? Let's not forget that while I am mainly pissed off because of teleport's behavior in the arena, I still felt annoyed when I couldn't cast it on Chogal's elevator. A bug that is already fixed for mages, seeing how they are now able to set their Ring of Frost on that elevator, not that they should ever need to.

I realize that to some this issue may not be as important as the Warlock changes currently being implemented and discussed. I just don't think it should stay as neglected as it is now.
    Last edited by Basemath; 2011-02-04 at 05:20 AM.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

10+ Year Old Account
    One reason: Early on, the teleport could be positioned so it didn't raise with the elevator, allowing the lock to teleport under the arena. Their solution was a lazy one, but fixed the immediate problem. Since then, it's been shuffled under the table. Btw, did they fix the pet bug there too? That was just as irritating.

Hmm if that's the problem they wanted to fix, teleporting to the underworld, then it's all the more reason to focus on a solution for Warlock/dps teams always starting at a disadvantage in that arena when facing a team that knows it's good for them to get on the Lock before he sets his teleport down. Ofc we can't ask for the teleport to work on EVERY transport device in game, cuz in the Ring of Valor I imagine it would be too OP being able to teleport unto a pillar after it has gone up. But the elevator issue remains irritating for me. Maybe a wall between the elevators that disappears 3 seconds after the elevators had gone up would help. And to answer your question, I still get that pet bug frequently. The Fel puppy bugs and becomes immobile on the elevator, his abilities are greyed out, and i'm forced to hard cast or soul burn a pet.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.