1. #1

    Spell steal needs to be nerfed.

    Mage steals Wings and blessing of might - Fair enough they wear cloth, they take damage easily, its almost fair.

    Shaman purges blessing of might and wings - What exactly do you do?

  2. #2
    Nerf a mage ability? Hello my name is Manler, welcome to World of Warcraft. I hope you enjoy your stay

  3. #3
    Not til Ghostcrawler gets glad.

    After this season he will move to a different class, nobody will catch on!

  4. #4
    at least zealotry and inquisition can no longer be dispelled

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by assilley View Post
    at least zealotry and inquisition can no longer be dispelled
    Horay. Zealotry, one of our least useful PvP spells, cannot be nerfed. Thank you god?

  6. #6
    mage spell steals all your buffs. mage is out of mana. mage dies.

    quit crying about mages and learn to play.

  7. #7
    wait, start again from the top and explain where your argument is inbetween those two lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Junlee View Post
    You can't even post in the proper forum. If Blizzard employees functioned as you do, your character would queue up for a BG and end up in Molten Core.

  8. #8
    GC doesn't play a mage, Kalgan does. Aim your hatred in the correct direction please.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Augury View Post
    mage spell steals all your buffs. mage is out of mana. mage dies.

    quit crying about mages and learn to play.
    mage is oom, he sheeps you, blinks and get to full while you cant do a shit about it GG
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

    Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

  10. #10
    Ribbon Guru Simca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post
    mage is oom, he sheeps you, blinks and get to full while you cant do a shit about it GG
    *insert event here* *insert counter-event to make a spell be perceived as being OP here* GG

    You can't rationalize the removal or changing of spells in extremely small-scale narrow comparisons, involving very little of the other abilities of either class or other classes or the PvE ramifications or the Arena ramifications, etc etc.

    That goes for the OP as well as the people trying to prove him wrong or right.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

  11. #11
    Pandaren Monk Serpent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Augury View Post
    mage spell steals all your buffs. mage is out of mana. mage dies.

    quit crying about mages and learn to play.
    quit acting like a dick on these forums and learn to play. seewutididthar?

    Ontopic: afaik spellsteal costs a buttload of mana.. could be wrong though, I don't PvP except for the odd rated BG with my guild. :x

    ---------- Post added 2011-02-04 at 07:00 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post
    mage is oom, he sheeps you, blinks and get to full while you cant do a shit about it GG
    mage is oom, he sheeps you, you trinket and nuke the sh*t out of him. yay.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    *insert event here* *insert counter-event to make a spell be perceived as being OP here* GG

    You can't rationalize the removal or changing of spells in extremely small-scale narrow comparisons, involving very little of the other abilities of either class or other classes or the PvE ramifications or the Arena ramifications, etc etc.

    That goes for the OP as well as the people trying to prove him wrong or right.
    Smartest thing I've read on MMO-champ. I think this needs to be posted in every random qq/nerf thread.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    *insert event here* *insert counter-event to make a spell be perceived as being OP here* GG
    Ah! That made me lawl. The base of every pvp rage forum.

    But seriously, Mage steals your wings, Feral druid eats Mage's face, Ele shammy 2 shots Druid, Warlock dots shammy to death, Warrior MS's Warlock, Warrior is out lived by Priest, Rogue ambushes priest, DK Deathgrips and 3 shots rogue, hunter kites DK to death, and Pally Bubbles and chips DK to KO. So really, in a round about way, YOU FRICKIN OWNED THAT MAGE! grats man!

  14. #14
    The Patient Johnpreston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The secret lair AKA: The Car Shed.
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by Augury View Post
    mage spell steals all your buffs. mage is out of mana. mage dies.

    quit crying about mages and learn to play.
    Don't be like that you know that's not true. I managed to catch a oom mage in AB yesterday and so i pounced like a cheetah on a gazelle. Only this gazelle was on speed. First she blinked, then i judged her and was chasing her, i quickly popped wing and fired of a hammer, used repent ( so i could close the gap and click of wings) she blinked again and stole my wings before i had time to even click them off.

    Then she did a cheap pitty macro 4/5 times as she kept playing cat and mouse, until a DK came and helped me smash her face in. Honestly it was like an episode of Benny Hill..

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnpreston View Post
    Don't be like that you know that's not true. I managed to catch a oom mage in AB yesterday and so i pounced like a cheetah on a gazelle. Only this gazelle was on speed. First she blinked, then i judged her and was chasing her, i quickly popped wing and fired of a hammer, used repent ( so i could close the gap and click of wings) she blinked again and stole my wings before i had time to even click them off.

    Then she did a cheap pitty macro 4/5 times as she kept playing cat and mouse, until a DK came and helped me smash her face in. Honestly it was like an episode of Benny Hill..
    Yeah, you should learn to use seal of justice and not truth(wouldn't have blink speed or fire mage lol proc speed). You repented and she just blinked away? Except, that can't happen... well, she could have trinketed the repent and binked, but then you have just caught the dumbest mage EVER in a FULL HoJ. At that point you can proceed to zealotry TV spam her to death. Also, upon further inspection, you got wings stolen from you after you used repentance(you fired off a hammer, this means that HoW + Repent = 2 gcds). Then either you seal of failure ticked and broke repentance or the mage used a trinket and blinked(another 2 gcds) and stole wings from you. You sir, have a slow reaction time if you can't, in a 3-4 second window, cancel aura your AW.
    Last edited by Hatelust; 2011-02-04 at 07:46 AM.

  16. #16
    But seriously, Mage steals your wings, Feral druid eats Mage's face, Ele shammy 2 shots Druid, Warlock dots shammy to death, Warrior MS's Warlock, Warrior is out lived by Priest, Rogue ambushes priest, DK Deathgrips and 3 shots rogue, hunter kites DK to death, and Pally Bubbles and chips DK to KO. So really, in a round about way, YOU FRICKIN OWNED THAT MAGE! grats man!
    Sir this is by far the most brilliant thing I have seen ( this week) and wish to subscribe to a newspaper.

    On-Topic: SpellSteal is ok but depending on the situation you are facing it can either be really good or bad


  17. #17
    i have just one question to all the mages here:

    how do you go oom while only spamming icelance?

    have yet to see a mage go oom in 2on2...

  18. #18
    The Patient Johnpreston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The secret lair AKA: The Car Shed.
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatelust View Post
    Yeah, you should learn to use seal of justice and not truth(wouldn't have blink speed or fire mage lol proc speed). You repented and she just blinked away? Except, that can't happen... well, she could have trinketed the repent and binked, but then you have just caught the dumbest mage EVER in a FULL HoJ. At that point you can proceed to zealotry TV spam her to death. Also, upon further inspection, you got wings stolen from you after you used repentance(you fired off a hammer, this means that HoW + Repent = 2 gcds). Then either you seal of failure ticked and broke repentance or the mage used a trinket and blinked(another 2 gcds) and stole wings from you. You sir, have a slow reaction time if you can't, in a 3-4 second window, cancel aura your AW.
    I agree with you and yes in my own opinion, now that i thing back.. I was slow and lame, but still getting your wings stolen is not a nice experience.

    \thanks for your input it helped me quite a bit.

    Jon.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnpreston View Post
    I agree with you and yes in my own opinion, now that i thing back.. I was slow and lame, but still getting your wings stolen is not a nice experience.
    You won't have that problem in 4.0.6 when Repentance won't break on Seal of Truth, at least. Some mages aren't specced into Improved Blink, so keep that in mind and watch for it, too. Not all mages have movement increasing enchant, either, but that is probably more difficult to tell.

    I really wish we had a slow, though...

  20. #20
    Moderator Malthanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Not nearly out of the way enough
    Posts
    4,670
    This would be a QQ thread, and I'll be closing it now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •