Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kortin View Post
    The other person needed that item too. I don't see how that isn't fair. Sure you will be really frustrated, but that doesn't mean that the item, or one better, wont drop for you in the future.

I knew what gdkp is. Although it its more fair than dkp, seeing as you don't need to have been in the guild for a certain amount of time, i still don't like dkp or gdkp. Which is why i don't participate in guilds/runs that promote it.

Shall we stop talking about me not liking dkp, I did not mean to attempt to derail the thread, I was simply stating my opinion.

Then why do you even bring your own opinion up? Seems to me, you don't like the way most guilds distribute loot. So if one person has been attending all raids in a period of a month and another person has been there 3 times, DKP would allow the more dedicated player to get the loot. How is that not fair?

GKP is about good players carrying bad players with gold or just carrying undergeared but well performing players. I used to run GKP once or twice a week in Wrath, making a shit load of gold. Why? Cause I had progressed through the content, gotten the loot I needed for my main toon and had a ton of gold sitting in my bank doing nothing.

I ask again, how is GKP not fair? If ppl suck too much to get into a GKP run, that doesn't make the rules unfair.

I'm sure we will se GKP runs in Cata as well and I'm looking forward to it. Easy way to gear an alt, easy way to make gold and a good way to meet new ppl and potential friends new guildies.

There's a GDKP on my server as well, think they are 10 or 11/12. Haven't bothered to check prices etc though.

Regarding DKP systems.... they are, when properly constructed and implemented, perfectly fair. Of course, if you define fair to mean "all members present for a boss kill have an identical chance to get all items dropped", then that isn't true. That isn't what fair means. You waiting in the LFD system for 40 minutes as a DPS is perfectly fair, since all other dps have a similar wait time; that tanks get to go instantly isn't unfair, it's just the way things are balanced.

" 1. free from bias, dishonesty, or injustice: a fair decision; a fair judge.
    2.legitimately sought, pursued, done, given, etc.; proper under the rules: a fair fight."

DKP systems are fair so long as all members of the guild are operating under the same set of rules, and have the same opportunities to participate afforded to them by the guild. If a guild member is arbitrarily denied the ability to attend raids for no reason, and then denied loot for having low DKP, that could be unfair... but the idea of such a system is not inherently unfair. It simply chooses to take into account contribution/attendence in giving out loot, rather than saying that all present have a statistically equal chance to win via rolling.

That said, I tend to dislike DKP systems in all but the most hardcore of guilds. They have a difficult time handling offsets and alts fairly, in most circumstances. But my personal dislike of them doesn't make them unfair, it just means I prefer other systems (typically I prefer MS>OS free roll, cannot roll on more than 1 MS unless nobody else is interested, but that is again just my opinion).

GDKP systems are also fair, though I haven't seen any on my server.... ever, actually. Then again, my server has no guilds that have downed all normal mode content; we have one guild at 11/12, and one at 8/12 (US-Galakrond, currently the second lowest server, and only recently did we bump ourselves out of last place), so we wouldn't have the people needed to do GDKP runs for some time yet.

Quote Originally Posted by archangel1701 View Post
    I'm not sure you know what GDKP is... it's really nothing to do with DKP. And it is fair... whoever is willing to spend the most gets the item, and everyone walks away with gold.
    No, it's actually pretty much exactly like DKP, except you use actual gold instead of imaginary points to bid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    No, it's actually pretty much exactly like DKP, except you use actual gold instead of imaginary points to bid.
    BUT, DKP are earned before-hand from attendance and other boss kills. Gold is gold. You could have a ton of gold and no raid experience. Or you could be a dirt poor raider.

On-topic: Uncorrupt GDKP runs are perfectly fair. If they were unfair, they wouldn't be as popular as they are. If you find them unfair, don't go to them. Sounds fair to me.

Back off-topic: I prefer an EP/GP system over DKP. People who horde DKP are annoying at times, and EP/GP accounts for both how bad your gear is and how good your attendance is, and gives points accordingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    We removed the Fun Stuff forum, all the Fun in the MMO-Champion forums will now be taking place in my pants.

Xenophics <Famous> - Scarlet Crusade (US)

These never really happen anyways until said people running teh GDKP's are outgearing all or most content.
    pretty much , basically in other words when people have a chance to survive by missing interrupts, not kiting adds ( e.g nefarian) etc.
    its gonna be harder to see these runs going on , but maybe someday 10 man gdkp runs will show up.

Some people don't want to be in a guild. Some are raider alts where they come in buying up gear so that the alts can be used in main raids.
    i believe that people who choses not to be in a guild at this point , specially alts they are wasting their time , due to the benefits of being in a level x guild. and i do believe that the gdkp runs are most likely to be alt of the alt runs, but currently alts are running within the guild for other specific benefits.

---------- Post added 2011-02-04 at 11:41 PM ----------

Back off-topic: I prefer an EP/GP system over DKP. People who horde DKP are annoying at times, and EP/GP accounts for both how bad your gear is and how good your attendance is, and gives points accordingly.
    people who hoard dkps sometimes dont even have a reason for it. the itemization on gear is horribad sometimes and also we need to consider RNG. we ve seen in my guild ( 25 raids) 3 cloth gloves that no one even want for offspecc, everything gets disenchanted. there are some others that do it on purpose so ya you have a point there.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they will be common until 4.1 but as soon as 4.1 hits they will be exceedingly common, particularly the current set of raids.

---------- Post added 2011-02-05 at 12:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Prophyt View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1207762097

Check out Mal'Ganis we have been running a GDKP since the 2nd week of Cata. Currently 9/12 and the avg pot split has been about 20k.
    "Sell" a guild invite LMAO.

That server is a wasteland.

Deleted
    Off-topic, but does anyone else sometimes read GDKP as DPRK sometimes? Kim Jong-Il is in my brains!

It's obvious some people in this thread have no clue what a GDKP is from some responses.

GDKP's will spring up again if you're on a high pop server. 95% of the SUCCESSFUL (10-20k gold a run consistently) GDKP's are run by people in the more progressed guilds on a server on their alts. Unless your Vodka, Ensidia, Paragon, etc everyone is still pushing progression 3-5 full nights a week in those guilds and they just dont have the time to run them yet/don't want to run yet.

Wiping on bosses all week during progression and then having to carry alts/trade chat heroes in crap gear who dont know the fight on your off days doesnt sound too fun, even if it is for gold.
    Last edited by bigsandwich732; 2011-02-05 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kortin View Post
    I really hate the GDKP and DKP systems. In my own opinion, they are flawed and terrible. They in no way make things fair, and thats an argument that i have heard every time i talk about it; "But it makes loot fair" no it doesn't. It makes sure one person has a higher chance on getting an item than another. That isn't fair.

As for something slightly less off topic. I highly doubt we will be seeing those runs until t12. When everyone is geared in t12 gear and t11 is trivial. I'd be willing to bet they will be quite common then.
    DKP is the fairest system out there, you have to pay your dues with a guild before you can get loot. Are you just guild hopping?