Thread: Are mages OP?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thcronik View Post
    how to beat mages.
    Warriors = wait til iceblock (if ure good enough to even hit them, thats on u) then BLAAADESTOOORRRMMM, even a blink fails to get outa its range and it will take a chunk out. the rest is how good u are and if ure equipped right(trinkets etc etc)
    Pallys - save bubble til u see mirrors or after 2nd deep freeze if the mage is smart enough to, u should kno how to get out of deep freeze by now, no QQ'ing if u duel a mage when ure trink isnt up. shield break, silence, spam Exor.
    DK's - c'mon now, ure resistance is good enough.
    Druids - pounce, ravage DoT shields, bear form, charge, cat form skull bash, bite. u can fillin the gaps inbetween (or start by stunning pet, they cant freeze and throws them off)
    Warlocks - if u need help with a mage u need help
    Priests- time ure fears and stuns
    hunters- lolz, nah
    shammy- heal past their dps and time ure shit right.

mages are not OP, there AMAZING in the hands of a good player. all classes have their advantages over others, or would u prefer every class did equal damage per spell/hit. then when u get pwned u can only RAAAGGGGEEEEEE!
    yep, exactly. and lol yeah hunters, totally opposite to what it used to be :P and shh! dont give it all away! pallys wont beat mages most of the time, we counter them thanks to spellsteal. warriors just need to time charges... oh wait, not anymore! mwahahahah! but yeah, pretty much one spec of each class has a good shot at us, and usually its the popular specs. what i find funny is people QQ over mage armor and its getting a nerf, but the classes that rely on magic dots (locks and s priests) already beat us 90% of the time

mages are not OP.They are just the most annoying class in the game :P because their primary power is to control...

the most annoying thing is when you get freezed, slowed, stuned.. but because mages test your nerves doesn't mean they are op :P
    it is the class gamestyle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel superior against most hunters >_<.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Except no one sub-specs Arcane past Improved Counterspell, so your point is moot. Oh yeah, how does Blink counter Spell Reflect?
    hmm lets see 1v1 warr / frost mage

warr-> Charge -> mage frost nova -> mage starts doing shit load of dmg but .. wut is this !!! warrior casts spell reflect... Only to be used against a water bolt.->Frost mage uses deep freeze warrior trinket , charge -> Mage uses frost nova but again warrior surpises the mage with a stun ! ... only the mage to blink away from it -> and from there u are pretty much dead .. Most mages will prolly defend themselves by saying i'll use bladestorm... but u can iceblock ffs.Mages have too much mobility and burst... That's what i have expirienced and that's my opinion i didn't write this to offend anyone. Peace !

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FateMasterBG View Post
    hmm lets see 1v1 warr / frost mage

warr-> Charge -> mage frost nova -> mage starts doing shit load of dmg but .. wut is this !!! warrior casts spell reflect... Only to be used against a water bolt.->Frost mage uses deep freeze warrior trinket , charge -> Mage uses frost nova but again warrior surpises the mage with a stun ! ... only the mage to blink away from it -> and from there u are pretty much dead .. Most mages will prolly defend themselves by saying i'll use bladestorm... but u can iceblock ffs.Mages have too much mobility and burst... That's what i have expirienced and that's my opinion i didn't write this to offend anyone. Peace !
    I'm curious how this Mage is using Frost Nova while stunned. Anyway...you can't Blink out of Throwdown till the second half of it, and if you can't time SR till you a see a Waterbolt hit you, or you haven't feared the pet...then touche, you got me.

Then again, this isn't Final Fantasy and people aren't going around solo using Omnislash, so no one really gives two toots about 1v1.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thcronik View Post
    Priests- time ure fears and stuns
    Since when do Priests have stun, let a lone many of them? o_O

Deleted
    I play a mage and I think that frost is pretty balanced atm, but my fire is broken

Quote Originally Posted by carliuz View Post
    I play a mage and I think that frost is pretty balanced atm, but my fire is broken
    i freaking love fire. i dont care how op frost is, i am still trying to perfect fire enough to play it in arena

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Overpowered means little to no counters. I can count at least 4-5 counters to Frost Mages, and many more comps. Your own logic negates your point.
    exactly, i am a ret and i get destroyed by mage but i know it can be countered by other class/spec so i live with it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Currently in pve no. With the exception of some fights like halfus maybe.

Fire is doing really good in PvE, Arcane is decent for both PvE and PvP, Frost is a really low PvE dps but still owning in PvP after this HUGE 1SECOND nerf to most of their CC's

Deleted
    in a 1v1 situation or something in that direction, mages are grossly op.
    however, if you outnumber them 2:1 or more, they wont kill ANYTHING. however, any decent mage can still control you all.
    I've seen a very good frost mage with pretty sick gear take on 4 hordies at a time with RoF, with me being one of them.
    so basiclly if you outnumber them, its just a matter of outlasting them, as an enh/resto shaman, i would say dispell DF from other people, purge, interrupt, pop SR in a deepfreeze, and you can outlast them. only in 2v1 or more however.

my fix to frost mage: make ice lance a 2.5 sec cd

My experience with mages post-nerf says they are certainly in a better spot now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mages are far from overpowered.
    Vol'jin fanboy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barburos View Post
    i freaking love fire. i dont care how op frost is, i am still trying to perfect fire enough to play it in arena
    Word. Fire is in my opinion the funniest spec to play and its really fun in bg:s and arenas.
    On topic: no mages are not that OP after 4.0.6. Sure frost is a hell of a controller which makes them really powerful in 1v1 but its possible to kill them (warlocks crush mages...).

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    Fire is doing really good in PvE, Arcane is decent for both PvE and PvP, Frost is a really low PvE dps but still owning in PvP after this HUGE 1SECOND nerf to most of their CC's
    frosts pve damage is higher than arcanes?

Deleted
    Gnome sub rogue is mage's worst nightmare

10+ Year Old Account
    Way too many slows Mage has. As if this wasn't enough, they gave them a ranged stun as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

I vote mmo-champ redirects any thread with the contents "Frost Mage" and "OP" to AJ where majority of the posters are good players, unlike the scrubs we have here that got owned by a mage.