10+ Year Old Account

Enchanters and wand making.

While leveling enchanting you stop making wands very early on. The highest one being a level 30, would be nice to see an additions to this and be able to craft for other levels, and end with an epic level 85 craftable wand.

This is something I've been missing too.

There is craftable equipment for all slots/all classes/all specs, but not for casters, they're missing wands.

i remembered back in early wotlk beta, enchanter were able to make epic BoP wands, and never made it to live

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zalvi View Post
    i remembered back in early wotlk beta, enchanter were able to make epic BoP wands, and never made it to live
    I thought it was in Cataclysm bêta

10+ Year Old Account
    There may have been talk of it by Blizzard but clearly it was never put into action. This is truly sad due to we as enchanters are unable to craft anything, everyone in our party benefits from our disenchant ability, and for reasons unknown the scrolls are cheaper than the materials for some enchants. Also thier is just a plain lack of wands at level 85 only having two without hit that are ilvl 346, meanwhile there is an overwhelming amount of relics that are craftable by scribes. Engineering can make a gun and there is the fairly common carbine drop as well. It is not unreasonable for Blizzard to strongly consider this.

yeah i agree, there is a major lack of wands for casters in this game right now.

off topic... lanjelin... you have way too many characters... lol

I agree. I thought I was just dumb and thought you had to go into a specific type of enchanting to get Epic Wand plans.. :/
    Glad to know I wasn't crazy!

10+ Year Old Account
    No you're not crazy there is no path in enchanting. There is also never been a smart loot drop for a wand even back in Molten Core. There is no epic or even blue wand that an enchanter can make. The best is simply a lvl 30 green. Blizzard simply hasn't taken notice to this and if they have they decieded against enchanters being able to craft an item that will help with the lack of similar items in the game. For example there is only 3 ilvl 346 wands that are obtainable and to be honest they are not off the first boss in any instance as a matter of fact one is off the most desterted instances in the game Grim Batol. Also when making a caster back in the good ol' days mage/lock/priest it was recomended that you take tailoring and enchanting and many long time players still have these same professions teamed up. So odds are good that you would even use it if blizzard allowed you to make a wand as an enchanter past lvl 30. Scripes however can happily make epic trinkets (some BiS atm) or at least the materials to form one, ilvl 346 offhands and relics with gem slots which btw replaced idols, sigils, and all exsisting relics. I would really like to see this change implemented in the game, and I hope that I am not alone in this.
    Last edited by Funsizespec; 2011-02-08 at 03:54 PM.