Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Healing priests Flask choice!

So which do you use?
    Flask of the Draconic Mind - +300 Int
    or
    Flask of the flowing water - +300 Spirit

For holy i think of Flowing water and for Disc The draconic mind?
    But what do you use?
    Originally Posted by spicie View Post
    Real Life is just an illusion caused by lack of WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Draconic all the way, no exceptions.

I'm Holy and I run Draconic Mind. I used Flowing Water when I was just starting into raiding and woefully undergeared, and I could potentially see using it on a very mana intensive Heroic encounter if running that under geared. However, in generally Intellect > Spirit, so Draconic Mind > Flowing Water. If anything, you're better off reforging/gemming for more Spirit and using Draconic Mind since this is one of the few cases where you can actually make the Intellect vs. Spirit choice, so trade out less valuable stats for Spirit if you can, then use Intellect here.

Deleted
    Draconic mind, as either spec.

Draconic Mind. All the way. It's a little behind on the MP5 (spirit is roughly twice as good as intellect), but it's leaps and bounds ahead on throughput.

Flowing Water. With a raid comp that has slightly undergeared dps (i.e. longer fights than ideal) and zero sources of replenishment I prefer this flask over Draconic.

For me it depends on the encounter/my gear.

I have jar that I switch out for harder heroic raid bosses such as magmaw. Same with my 4 piece, you could say the same for the flask.

If you have jar or 4 piece, use draconic mind.

If you have neither, use spirit till you get to 355 ilvl then switch to int.

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyDoodle View Post
    I have jar that I switch out for harder heroic raid bosses such as magmaw. Same with my 4 piece, you could say the same for the flask.

If you have jar or 4 piece, use draconic mind.

If you have neither, use spirit till you get to 355 ilvl then switch to int.
    Really? Because I only ran Flowing Water my first week, at 338 and 0-piece, and every night after that's been Draconic Mind.

And I can say that I've never had interest in the Jar. Unless we see another Mimiron or Beasts fight where there's times of zero-ish damage, the Use isn't even worth pushing as a Holy Priest. So it's a regen trinket that has its mana matched by Core of Ripeness, with no throughput attached at all.

The flask, as Bigslick pointed out, is one area where you are comparing Intellect vs Spirit (unlike gear, which is haste vs crit vs mastery vs Spirit). Intellect is our best stat, bar none. If you need regen, get more spirit in your gear(or a mana tide). But there's no reason to sacrifice regen and throughput at the same time for regen+2.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Flask of Draconic Mind has always helped me and thats the one i always choose to use.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    So it's a regen trinket that has its mana matched by Core of Ripeness
    Are you saying that in the context of using it during tide?

And I'm gonna have to agree with the general consensus; If you have mana issues, use Flowing water. If not, use Draconic.

I've only recently got my 4 piece and seeing as half the time I'm not in the mana tide healing group I find having as much regen as possible to be a necessity. Once the patch hits and I'm guaranteed to have tide in some form, I may start using the INT flask.

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    Are you saying that in the context of using it during tide?
    That is without Mana Tide, as the baseline intellect increases Replenishment, as well as Shadowfiend and Hymn of Hope (Arcane Torrent if applicable), and the value of your existing Spirit on your gear, thanks to the "Spirit Regen" formula still valuing Intellect.

It's really not a trinket meant for us, when using it on cooldown amounts to no actual gain (thanks to 30 seconds with 0 bonus spirit, and how much of our regen actually comes from it due to the overbearing nature of Holy Concentration)
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-02-05 at 04:35 AM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

int, no exceptions

10+ Year Old Account
    As Disc? Draconic Mind.

Holy? No idea, I don't play Holy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

15+ Year Old Account
    I use flowing for everything, tried draconic for a few fights but didn't like my regen

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using Flowing Water, since it's slightly cheaper (about 50 gold cheaper), but I should be running with Draconic Mind. But with the content we're raiding at the moment I don't feel any reason to min-max, so I can afford to be a cheapskate. This is as a Holy priest.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

There's flasks besides Int?!

:P
    Reckoning 10/13 (H) - We're recruiting!
    Kazomi - 85 Disc Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shifta View Post
    There's flasks besides Int?!

:P
    Yeah agi and str for the dps.

Deleted
    Do you need the mana? Go flowng water.

If not then go draconic mind all the way as its much better over all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    The flask, as Bigslick pointed out, is one area where you are comparing Intellect vs Spirit (unlike gear, which is haste vs crit vs mastery vs Spirit). Intellect is our best stat, bar none. If you need regen, get more spirit in your gear(or a mana tide). But there's no reason to sacrifice regen and throughput at the same time for regen+2.
    I think that if anyone is confused about which to use, this sums it up. Just ask yourself - what is our best stat? The answer is without a doubt intellect, so that pretty much answers the original question.

I use spirit for holy and int for disc.