Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really, this is only a nerf for pugging, which at most times can be a pain in the ass for most of us, especially when some of us don't have all day to try complete one heroic.

If you want the challenge, then simply run with a guild group, you won't get the buff. And also, as other posts have already stated the dungeons are easy now anyway, so will just make them less painful, and more time to do other stuff in game.

I'm not one to QQ bout the difficulty of heroics, as I honestly like the harder content over the aoe fest wrath was. But if it makes the dungeons faster and less likely to fail, with the few hours a week I get to play, then I will be much happier.

Deleted
    Inc the raids are too hard Q_Q, it will be glourious

10+ Year Old Account
    There is at least some good thing abauth it. Instead of 40 min waiting as dps i will only wait 15% less of time (more tank and healers will sign).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I'm very happy about this since I tend to pug alot. Nothing worse then being stuck in a horrible group, at least this will east the pain a little. Glad that thought of this, very clever. Nothing worse then seeing a hunter stand in the ground aoe just becuase he wants to top off the meters of a 5 man and complains to the healer if he dies (yes this has happened to me).

I really hope blizz start to nerf the raids also...hahah that will make some of you piss yourselfs in anger. CAnt wait to see all the elitist pricks complain about that one, bring it on blizz and remember hardcore people..your the minority in all this

I really don't understand why everyone is flipping out about 15% maximum... If all the people that need this buff do like 6k then they will now do a whopping 6900 damage. Significant? Not really... Lets all freak out until they take out that 900 extra dps!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I pug, I just want the points and GTFO. I embrace the changes.

Going over this thread.
    It's probably already been mentioned, but funny how the "You want easy heroics? Do guildruns!" line has changed overnight into "You want a challenge in heroics? Do guildruns!".

The only problem I have with the 15% buff is, you'll see even more people trying to cheat the ilvl score thinking they will be fine because of the buff.
    For example some healer, who only just manages to heal an heroic with the buff, suddenly gets pugged into a 4 man guild/friend run gearing some alts. The healer fails without the full 15% and blames the rest of the group, because it can not possibly be him, he was able to do it before.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm let me see - content is nerfed over time.

I don't think this has ever happened in wow before.

I am both surprised and angry, I will make an immediate QQ post.

I don't want my 60th run of the same HC to go any faster. Damn you Blizzard!

/end retardedness

"I don't want my 60th run of the same HC to go any faster. Damn you Blizzard!"

Quoted for truth

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallonglass View Post
    Wow, didnt staff say that they would NOT be nerfing anything in cataclysm???
    This is ridiculous......
    No they didn't.

this is gonna be exactly like wotlk, people complaining that everything is to hard... START USING YOUR FUCKING BRAIN AND DONT WHINE AT FORUM THAT IT'S TO HARD! ITS NOT!.

atleast ppl with a brain think not.............
    Wrong again, people never complained about WotLK being hard because healers were overpowered and things were undertuned. What's next? You going to claim Cataclysm 5man heroics are as easy as WotLK? People were steamrolling those in 187 gear, CC were never used.

I find it amusing, and I suppose I can only gloat at those who whine at these kind of changes. I sometimes wonder if you suffer from some mental disorder that can make you cry about something like this. 5mans getting a little easier, what are we going to do.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Im a little upset with this buff thingy >.<, Im heals and I honestly thought pugging was fun and we always got through with no wipes... BUt now a 15% buff if you pug? I don't mean to QQ but I thought the dungeons were fine without it ._.

lol wow is already a joke in how easy it is, now even more so.

Quote Originally Posted by Penric View Post
    "I don't want my 60th run of the same HC to go any faster. Damn you Blizzard!"

Quoted for truth
    Yes indeed, I also want to get in and get out. I'm there to get gear for raiding, not to be challenged and frustrated and have it take an hour or two. I don't know why people think it's a bad thing. LFD is terrible but this will help make it better for some people who don't want to struggle. There is a big difference between challenge and struggle.

15% will be nice, but it still won't fix the Tanks that like to Ground Slam the group on Ozruk, stack Quicksilver to 10 in one sitting, etc. Bringing the terrible DPS' numbers up 15% from the abysmal 6k won't be much of an improvement either.

With that negativity out of the way, it will be amazing for those rare groups where everyone knows what they're doing and are just gearing up. Overall, a very good thing. Blizzard can't fix stupid without making the game boring. This, however, is a nice QoL improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev111 View Post
    Really Blizz? Cater to the casuals again and ruin Cataclysm. Thanks bros.
    they are called customers and they are the majority

Quote Originally Posted by Skuggsmurfen View Post
    Why not educating the poor players instead of destroying the content allowing those players to suck their
    way through the content?
    1) "destroying". Hyperbole. Look it up.

2) This has exactly 0 to do with content. In fact, this is about NOT nerfing content.

Essentially what's being said is, "lots of you are complaining that the *content* is too hard. We disagree. We think that the content is well tuned for a well-coordinated group that has time to learn each other's strengths and weaknesses and work together. On the other hand, we think that groups that don't have that advantage are, obviously,. at a disadvantage. We're going to level *that* playing field, but you're still going to have to deal with the content as it is."

If the community wigs out at every buff (oxymoronically calling them "nerfs") we're never going to be able to have a sane conversation about what kind of tuning is needed where. Stop and think about the changes being made and who they will actually affect, rather than just raging over every buff.

---------- Post added 2011-02-05 at 05:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Blizzard gets data from ALL players 24/7 and analyzes it. You have ONE opinion based on your "gutfeeling" and maybe a few people you talked to.
    To be fair, you're making an "argument from authority," and while that's one of the least dangerous forms of logical fallacy, it's still misleading.

I think the "blah casual blah QQ blah buff=nerf blah destroying the game" whining is unspeakably silly in this case, it's not a foregone conclusion that Blizzard is always right about the numbers. As they, themselves, have pointed out, it's very hard to evaluate numbers correctly because the there's always some sort of unusual circumstance to take into account. Sometimes the gut feeling of an experienced player is more valuable than a pile of logs. Sometimes...
    WoW: Founder <Saturnalia>, Norgannon
    Rift: Mev <Ascended of Corthana>, Faeblight
    Gaming articles

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsjel View Post
    Going over this thread.
    It's probably already been mentioned, but funny how the "You want easy heroics? Do guildruns!" line has changed overnight into "You want a challenge in heroics? Do guildruns!".
    I agree.

Isn't that funny? I remember seeing all these posts like ..."if you are pugging, you are doing it wrong"... and "...I always run in a guild group or a group of friends because pugging is so frustrating..." or "running with a premade group is so much easier than pugging..."

Remember those?

Well now they come up with a way to make pugs slightly less frustrating, and people start bitching about it. More than likely most of this is from the people who don't pug because if you use LFD ..."you are doing it wrong." People that will not be affected by this change.

Once again, for the elitists out there, if you are so good that you don't use a Pug, then this will not affect you. If it doesn't affect you, and it helps to slightly alleviate the frustration of other players running in a pug, then why does it matter? You only get the 15% buff if you are grouped with 3 random people.

I have run heroics with both friends and in pugs. Guess which is easier? So for those people who are saying that they want a challenge and then run in a premade group, guess what? That was taking the easy route.

Don't get me wrong, I think running with a premade group is the way to go. But for those who have circumstances where they can't run with a guild or with friends, then I am all for this change.

Also, if it makes the runs quicker, I welcome it. As was said, the first couple of times running a dungeon is fun, but it gets repetitive after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyana View Post
    Yes indeed, I also want to get in and get out. I'm there to get gear for raiding, not to be challenged and frustrated and have it take an hour or two. I don't know why people think it's a bad thing. LFD is terrible but this will help make it better for some people who don't want to struggle. There is a big difference between challenge and struggle.
    It's mostly the fact the people QQing, whining, throwing Epeen around, having fits. Stomping their feet and acting like a child denied a cookie for an after dinner treat for not cleaning their plate, actually think this is affecting THEM. Ignore the fact if they were so hard core they would have had the achievement drake the VERY FIRST DAY. I saw two people with it in the first 48 hours, god that was fast.

But these people also fail to realize, with how long Cata has been out, even only what a month and a bit? People have most likely already steamrolled to 85, gotten gear and are in the process of raiding. Meaning, all the real Hardcores are DONE with heroics atm and are gunning for what they really want. Raids.

Meaning the people complaining aren't the real raiders but the ones who think they are hardcore but they aren't. So instead they take their frustrations out on us, the casuals. Who don't want to step toes of the hard core raiders, but you know, want to get enjoyment out of WoW, worthy of a subscription. Because let me tell you, as much fun as I do have with the game, if I wasn't able to see some content, no matter how many months it takes, or in cases a year or two, I'd cancel my subscription.

So thankfully Blizzard listens to the smart Casuals and not the hard core nerd raging losers who want to rain on everyone's parade for their own lack of skills, kills and gearscore.

Quote Originally Posted by LolToon View Post
    How am I bad when I don't want to worry about having a continuous fail group?
    From everything you said it sounds like you are surrounded for bads and, by your own words, morons. So either you are one of them or you are the exception and are a good player in a sea of morons. If so then my advice is this; stop using LFD. Get a guild that runs heroics, or make friends with several capable players on your server who you trust.

The problem, as you noted, is that LFD is chock-full of idiots. When you nerf heroics to the point that all those idiots can do them then you are watering down the content to the point of trivializing it. As I said, maybe you are an exception and you are a good player surrounded by bads. If that is the case then I sincerely hope you take the time to find a group of people that you enjoy playing with. Since this game is an MMO, it helps a ton to have a pool of other players to cooperate with to achieve your goals.

When the day comes that those morons you described are capable of doing heroics, then the gear and achievements become meaningless.