Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like blizzard takes a dump on the players that wants a challenge, to please the majority that wants everything spoon fed.

I dislike and i hope blizzard some day comes up with a "fix"

Deleted
    Won't take long for us to gain a new 30% buff in raids. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanktas View Post
    Let's see... Retard much?
    People that go in guild groups know eachother in a way and have much better co ordination. However 5 people that never met eachother might have trouble to work together, therefore blizzard helps them by making it easier for them. Stop qqing and try to think.
    Lol, why do you call me a Retard based on one post? =| Kinda rude. Anyways, not all guilds are tiny guilds where everyone knows each other in a way and have better co-ordination. Personally if a guild has 500 people in it I don't make it a point to go out and play and memorize all of their play styles. It's not hard in a pug to be like, CC this one and burn this one? Takes all of 2 seconds? 0% buff with guildies I sort of know, or 15% buff with random people who I can tell just as easily CC this one and burn this one. =P Even with people I do know I still shouldn't be punished to do the heroic on slow mode when if I did a random I could just AoE faceroll it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miku View Post
    The game becomes not fun when the game is too easy.
    The game becomes not fun when the game is too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallonglass View Post
    Wow, didnt staff say that they would NOT be nerfing anything in cataclysm???
    This is ridiculous......

this is gonna be exactly like wotlk, people complaining that everything is to hard... START USING YOUR FUCKING BRAIN AND DONT WHINE AT FORUM THAT IT'S TO HARD! ITS NOT!.

atleast ppl with a brain think not.............
    IGNORANCE truly is bliss for you isn't it?
    A nerf would imply that the change is applicable to ALL SITUATIONS.
    IF you took more than a moment to read the original post you might have understood how this change is actually being implimented and that blizz has no intention of turning cata into Wrath.

You're so adamant that these heroics are so easy already, so what, you're farming heroics this late into the Xpac instead of getting your gear in raids?
    That's right, you likely are not farming heroics unless of course you ARE a mouth breather. Then in that case why are you complaining about getting the loot you're hopefully focusing on getting in heroics, made a TAD more easy.
    Blizz should implement a 15% buff to your competence, but just like the change being made to the heroic Pugs, this buff will not solve your own stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Miku View Post
    The game becomes not fun when the game is too easy.
    And the game does't have a easy - hard - godlike mode... Standards are diffrent - not better or worse .. just diffrent.

Its like.. some ppl can not run up flight of stairs cause they are so fat but still can smash buttons and keyboard claiming its easy... Hmm I guess that makes RL to hard for em I guess. Defenetly not FUN so they rather smash keyboard buttons in an virtual world acting like gods.

Go do some really hard things if you are looking for having FUN by doing hard things. A game is NOT the right place for that m8.

Quote Originally Posted by Charagon View Post
    Congratulations, you are the lowest common denominator.

This is pretty damn silly. Heroics were fine. They were challenging for the first couple weeks of the expansion and then became virtually faceroll. Nerfing them further and further is just pointless. It does nothing but trivialize the content and make what's already a kinda boring run through a dungeon even more yawn worthy. We're not that far away from Heroics becoming the roflstomp runs that WotLK had.
    Sure thing there boss... except I was the top DPS in every single one of those groups. I always either had a tank that was undergeared or didn't understand the concepts of the fight, or a healer that was incapable of keeping the tank alive. Yes, I did my part and didn't take damage except the stuff that can't be avoided, I don't stand in the fire or anything else that causes damage, and am an all-around good player. Who knows, I probably just got stuck with horrible groups every single time, that's certainly a possibility.

Like has been said previously, it's only making heroics easier for a random group... just to make up for the fact that groups made up of all random players don't have any clue how to work together, not like a preset group.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algore View Post
    People are going nuts at blizzard, am I suprised? No im not.

The thing is, this buff will help out all those pugging heroics thinking they are hard, this buff will however not eliminate certain encounters etc but only give you a slight Damage/healing/hp buff, and I repeat not a nerf to encounter mechanism.

And who the hell even cares really, I did heroics from the 2nd day it released and had a hard but fun time now Im decked out in epics like many others...isnt it time to move on AWAY from heroic dungeons and actually cater our eyes to the current raids?
    Have to agree. I just couldn't care less about this buff. In no way does it offend me or violate some sense of entitlement I have. I picked up Cata Dungeon Hero on 12/11 when our group was still slightly below the minimum but had off-pieces in our bags to circumvent. They were challenging then but were not impossible. Once we learned the mechanics they were fine. This buff isn't here for those like us. This buff is for those less capable or less geared or whatever. That they will now be able to complete heroic dungeons doesn't bother me at all. I'm not sure why it would bother anyone that has already completed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Blizzard really went the easy way on "fixing" this.
    Hey it worked with "fixing" ICC, so why not heroics?

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    The game becomes not fun when the game is too hard.
    Don't stand in the fire.

Congratulations, you've just turned off "Hard Mode".

Congratulations, you are the lowest common denominator.

This is pretty damn silly. Heroics were fine. They were challenging for the first couple weeks of the expansion and then became virtually faceroll. Nerfing them further and further is just pointless. It does nothing but trivialize the content and make what's already a kinda boring run through a dungeon even more yawn worthy. We're not that far away from Heroics becoming the roflstomp runs that WotLK had.
    No no, sorry you've got it wrong. What's pointless is you posting on these changes when you've obviously experienced all of these heroics in the first month when they were actually a challenge.
    If they're so faceroll now then what does that matter to you, are you so bad at getting gear that you can't run heroics with your guild and in that case, are you all too incompetent to down a boss in Raids?

I can just see it happening, 3 or 4 friends queue in lfd, the pug(s) will join the group, realise it's not the full 15% buff and leave because the dungeon will take too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullblod View Post
    Won't take long for us to gain a new 30% buff in raids. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    This makes my head hurt so very much. a 15% if if and only if you're mostly a pug group in heroics that won't even neccessarily save people's arse if someone is playing dumb does NOT equate to a buff in raids in any way, shape, or form.

Folks. Deep breath. Seriously. How is this even rage-worthy? If you're done with your heroics go raid. If you're not or working on an alt, enjoy having a small damage buff. Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atrixx View Post

I really don't see what the big deal is with people getting so worked up about this. Being in all heroic blues doesn't make you leet or amazingly impressive to anyone. If you want to QQ about this change, please feel free to link your armory profiles where you cleared heroic ICC before the buff hit 20% and where you have fully cleared heroic Tier 11 content. Oh right...you can't. Just because you want to thump your chest and sound big and macho, doesn't mean you should when you don't have the credentials to back it up.
    Haha, nicely put. I'm sensing a signature quote coming on...

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    And the game does't have a easy - hard - godlike mode... Standards are diffrent - not better or worse .. just diffrent.

Its like.. some ppl can not run up flight of stairs cause they are so fat but still can smash buttons and keyboard claiming its easy... Hmm I guess that makes RL to hard for em I guess. Defenetly not FUN so they rather smash keyboard buttons in an virtual world acting like gods.

Go do some really hard things if you are looking for having FUN by doing hard things. A game is NOT the right place for that m8.
    A game that I don't have to put thought into is hardly a game. I admit I love the raids right now BECAUSE they are challenging. I actually have to think and react. WoW is actually a fun game if you are level 85, if you are in a raiding guild, and if you only ever raid =P.

---------- Post added 2011-02-04 at 10:04 AM ----------

Don't stand in the fire.

Congratulations, you've just turned off "Hard Mode".
    Don't stand in the fire while doing all of the previous things could be a tough hard mode O_o depending on if the original encounter was hard and if the fire spawns often enough or has a wide enough range O_o

Why I don't do Heroics: 40 minute queue time. No I won't get a guild, and I'm not complaining either. I'm perfectly happy with the game right now.

And imagine that! People would rather not participate at all in 15vs15 than grab 5 people and then have them sit out when it's 10vs10.

10+ Year Old Account
    I entirely doubt the veracity of "d00d these dunjawns were already zo easy we were 3 manning it and Lawl-AoEing errythang!" It's OK to admit something is difficult, or that something was a challenge. Other times it's OK to admit something was pretty simple. You can say you AoEd these dungeons in greens and blues, but frankly you're full of shit. These were difficult dungeons as PuGs, plain in simple. You probably had a tough time during the first weeks, in a *guild*. Running with your guild brings so many factors to your dungeoneering it's, dare I say it, not even funny. You have coordination, comfort, *COMMUNICATION*, and hell, you may even know the subtleties of each member in your group. You've probably been through it all, and know their ins and outs.

+15% *anything* will not stop players from standing in void zones, avoiding frontal cone breaths, or just not performing necessary tasks to stay alive.

I swear man, every time a nerf/buff post appears about dungeons (DUNGEONS, of all things) there is a bum rush to be the first person to say:

LISTEN JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS MY GUILD DID EVERY HC IN 7 MINUTES, AOEd EVERYTHING, AND DID IT ALL IN VENDOR WHITES BABY!

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Elitists go away. Let the casuals have their heroics. The good players are raiding heroic modes.
    No, sorry, they're spread trough the places, they're doing heroic 5mans and IF their groups have 10 or more players, they're raiding (normal to heroic).

In the end, ICC buff is spreading out from it's frozen halls.... soon 30%. Would be interesting if as you get a higher ilvl in the group, the buff lowers. Done. It is alread wrong by itself since they stated that this kind of buff comes with gearing and later content patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana Angel View Post
    This makes my head hurt so very much. a 15% if if and only if you're mostly a pug group in heroics that won't even neccessarily save people's arse if someone is playing dumb does NOT equate to a buff in raids in any way, shape, or form.

Folks. Deep breath. Seriously. How is this even rage-worthy? If you're done with your heroics go raid. If you're not or working on an alt, enjoy having a small damage buff. Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh.
    In ICC 30% buff meant you could stand in fire, death and decays and so on. 30% buff was the only reason why most guilds could get even close to as far as they got. So yes. 15% buff is a pretty big dealio =3

Hmm - well - at least the elitists have a good reason to leave not claiming that BLizzard "ruined the game by nerfing it for pugs". They used it in WOTLK when they left because of boredom. Hell - they can again blame it on "too easy".