Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
19
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Hmm - well - at least the elitists have a good reason to leave not claiming that BLizzard "ruined the game by nerfing it for pugs". They used it in WOTLK when they left because of boredom. Hell - they can again blame it on "too easy".

  2. #162
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by Miku View Post
    QQ? My GF works weekends, and goes to school full time and she still finds time to gear up and even do raids with me. And as it is now you only need about 1 hour of free time to do a heroic, if you don't have 1 hour of free time a week you shouldn't be playing wow.

    Lol.

    Working on weekends, check.
    Full-time student, check.

    How many hours a day during the week do I have to play? Over 12 if I choose so.

    Full time student is only a few hours a day of school and weekend work, 8 hours at max.

    Your point in no way is valid to someone who works full time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingmoney View Post
    Don't you know the meaning of life?

    Get born.
    Play WoW.
    Snort crack.
    Fuck bitches.
    Die.

  3. #163
    The worst thing is the QQQQQQQ in forums and in game, i am pretty sure ingame you wont QQ because dungeon runs will become faster.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolt View Post
    I feel like blizzard takes a dump on the players that wants a challenge, to please the majority that wants everything spoon fed.

    I dislike and i hope blizzard some day comes up with a "fix"
    the player who wants a challenge will run heroics in a full guild group and get a 0% buff to ANYTHING

  5. #165
    Fixing a bug =/= Nerfing Heroics.

    This buff should've been in the game since the release, it wasn't. That's called a bug.

    If you dislike how "easy" it may make Heroics then I suggest you quit using pick-up groups and join some guild runs instead. No ifs, no buts, no excuses. Guilds are there for a reason.

  6. #166
    The Patient Katana Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Right behind you!
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by Flummox View Post
    +15% *anything* will not stop players from standing in void zones, avoiding frontal cone breaths, or just not performing necessary tasks to stay alive.

    I swear man, every time a nerf/buff post appears about dungeons (DUNGEONS, of all things) there is a bum rush to be the first person to say:

    LISTEN JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS MY GUILD DID EVERY HC IN 7 MINUTES, AOEd EVERYTHING, AND DID IT ALL IN VENDOR WHITES BABY!
    This. This times a thousand, million, billion burning suns. And stop with the slippery slope of "raid buff from WotLK" nonsense! Seriously! Jeeesh!

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiglo View Post
    Because random 5 mans are serious business, right? People won't be able to get gear like we did in LK as easy, if at all. I don't see why this is a big deal.



    Because "nerfing" 5 mans is directly related to how the raids will be tuned?
    In a larger scope, yes. You push ppl to the next level, but they don't have what it takes to move from there (because they were pushed to this level instead of learning how to get to it), they'll start QQ about the next one they will want to join now that heroics "are easy" for them.

    Not to mention it's a tremendous slap in the face of the "it's a mmo, try to get along with others and organize your groups"... what about "try to teach the new players..."? Everytime they buff ( nerf) stuff like this so players can bypass the multiplayer aspect of it and be a "single player inside a group", the game moves toward "Online Single Player Game".
    Last edited by VanishO2; 2011-02-04 at 06:11 PM.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Coar View Post
    Yeah your right, they shouldn't.

    Casuals don't play for that OMG WE KILLED A BOSS AFTER WIPING ON IT FOR 2 MONTHS feeling.

    We can't get that feeling if everything is so fucking easy you never wipe, and that is the direction it's going.

    I had so much fun when heroics first came out wiping over and over and finally beating a boss completely oom with the tank dead or w/e.

    Now it's become the same wrath grindfest. (Not saying heroics are hard, but I can clearly see where blizzard is going with this. There will be across the board nerfs to these current raids before 4.1)
    So wait you like the feeling of you sucking? than finally one day like you said after 2 months of wipes which kind of boggles my mind why you would want such a thing, it clicks in everyone's brain "oh thats right stand over here and i wont die and can still dps" that you downed a boss and feel accomplished? sounds to me that your group is kind of slow. I think your mindset should change to " why am i so bad that i can only down a boss after 2 months of spending time on him...."

  9. #169
    I have to say, I welcome this change with open arms.
    Since cata was released, to date I have not even bothered queing for any pug heroics on my own at all (occasionally I get a group from my guild where we have 1 or 2 spots free but never just me queing on my own).. As a warlock the queues are ridiculously long, only to be grouped up with a bunch of people that will more than likely wipe repeatedly. That really isn't fun at all. I find myself either not playing at all or waiting until my guild mates are on later in the evening.
    What some of you guys need to realise is that there is a huge amount of diversity with regards to personal skill in this game. What is easy for me may not be easy for you and vice versa.
    If I do a heroic with people from my guild, all heroics are an absolute walkthrough, they have been since I hit 85 and got enough gear to enter them. That all changes if you have pugs in your group.

    Blizzard are bang on the money here, having a buff which scales dependant on how organised your group is to make everybody lives easier and more enjoyable.. Genius!

  10. #170
    why all hatting against pug, this was much needed for pugs , and am happy for them to get buffed up.

  11. #171
    So..they are removing all the stupid nerfs that they put on the PTR? Because now they are increasing the buff to 15%, so why nerf the content? We are going to be on the WotLK where any retard was able to get geared in 1 week?
    This is pretty stupid...that is all that I can think right now.
    The content is already easy, there is no chalenge at all, even with pugs...

  12. #172
    High Overlord Flummox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nethermine
    Posts
    197
    People just rage, to rage, to rage. I swear.

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Flummox View Post
    +15% *anything* will not stop players from standing in void zones, avoiding frontal cone breaths, or just not performing necessary tasks to stay alive.
    No, but now they can live through it. When before they would just die for being stupid =P. Oh joy, we're back to Wotlk. Hmm before it was Wrath of the Lich Kids, so now it can be the CATAKIDS.

  14. #174
    I'm sad they're nerfing ozruk, one of the most fun encounters as a tank.

  15. #175
    The Patient Katana Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Right behind you!
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by Miku View Post
    In ICC 30% buff meant you could stand in fire, death and decays and so on. 30% buff was the only reason why most guilds could get even close to as far as they got. So yes. 15% buff is a pretty big dealio =3
    No it's not! It's really not! This is seriously making my blood pressure rise, ugh.

    There are still several bosses that have straight-up wipe mechanics if you're not doing your job properly. It will give you an edge on some of the medium-range bosses, and easy bosses will still remain straightforward. Even with a 30% buff I can't heal a tank through Ozruk's stuff, nor can I prevent someone from dying on Slabhide if they sit their arse in a fire bubble, or get a stalagtite on their head.

    Wrath in general had a lot less "wipe mechanics". That PLUS the 30% buff is what got folks so far.

  16. #176
    Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,731
    I'm on the fence about it... as one of those players who has a guild to run heroics with, I have more alts in normal dungeons than I do characters needing heroics; so for the normals it will help get through them. However, it will only perpetuate the idea that "lol this isn't hard nemore" when it comes to things such as much needed CC, or proper aggro control (I.E. waiting for the tank to establish threat, targeting the tanks target).

    So often when leveling up I have noticed a trend of a lot of players. "You think this is my first toon? I no wat i'm doing. we don need cc, just ae and gogogogo." While, yes, in most cases things such as CC and aggro management in the lower level dungeons this is not an issue. But, when those players hit cata level dungeons, they were in for a rude awakening when they didn't target the tanks target, grabs aggro and instead of doing a pvp-style avoidance of the mob (no, not at jab at PvPers at all just giving you an idea) they get promptly 1 or 2 shotted. Same goes for CC, or pulling early. But now, with this buff, that will only perpetuate the idea that its okay to faceroll instances. I forsee a LOT more "chill brah, this ain't heroic" turning into "chill brah, this ain't a 25man heroic raid..."

    Why people don't take dungeons more seriously is beyond me. The normals and low levels is one thing; but to not take heroics seriously? Come'on! Insinuating that the only time you have to be "srs face" is in a raid is a false stigma and this buff won't help that.

    Which, on a side note, some 10 man raid bosses (on normal, I can not speak to heroic modes) are very forgiving when it comes to damage and mechanics. But, that's a debate for another thread I suppose.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

  17. #177
    -Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street is the lead systems designer for World of Warcraft and was attacked by a coati as a child. (True story.)
    So since mob was angry about his blog entry about difficulty, now blizz uses him as a scapegoat - No matter it's made in funny and mild way - itent is clear.

    Either way, as casuals are majority of playerbase it was to be expected.

  18. #178
    That's why I quitted WoW: They keep on nerfing unnecessary things (even if they said they want to be 'challenge'), all the effort and time I spent before the nerfbat means nothing.......

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by AverageForumTroll View Post
    Lol.

    Working on weekends, check.
    Full-time student, check.

    How many hours a day during the week do I have to play? Over 12 if I choose so.

    Full time student is only a few hours a day of school and weekend work, 8 hours at max.

    Your point in no way is valid to someone who works full time.
    Okay well, my gf is in school for 8 hours a day usually, Fridays are shorter by a few hours, and on weekends she works 8 hours both days. So 7x8 is 56 hours a week spent at school or work, minus a few hours on fridays. Which means she probably has less time then you since you probably work 5x8 40 hours a week? And that's not including homework and exams =P

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Miku View Post
    A game that I don't have to put thought into is hardly a game. I admit I love the raids right now BECAUSE they are challenging. I actually have to think and react. WoW is actually a fun game if you are level 85, if you are in a raiding guild, and if you only ever raid =P.
    then it's a good thing that heroics are NOT the whole game. do yourself a favor and stop trying to generalize the game based on ONE minor buff to one MINOR section of the game - that being Pick Up Group heroic instances.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •