Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Good news. Finally cut down on the time it takes to run instances, since I work full time and can't play 8 hours a day like all the "hardcore" players.

this nerf on HC sucks but i see the reason to why they wanted it done that way sens, then ppl will want to go 2 ppl to get the full benefit of the buff meaning you can't just kick ppl sens they can need on the same loot.

but i really think blizzard made a big misstake here and this is not the way to fix both the issues of 3 out 5 group kicking ppl sens they can need on items you need and casuals finding HCs to hard

Why would they buff pugs and not guild groups, blizz. Sigh. Seriously? Sigh. You make an expansion where you talk about how everyones gonna need to be in guilds and guild groups and you make people work together to get guild bonuses and 2 months later penalize people who are in guild groups? Fail. Total Fail. D: There goes CCing as well, why CC when we have a 15% buff on? Actually, I'm starting to think this whole ICC buff thing is going to ruin wow =| First ICC was made a joke, now heroics(but only if you pug.), who wants to bet 2-3 months from now we will be seeing a 20ish% buff in BwD and BoT? =|

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenose View Post
    Highlighted the important part, You really have done very little heroics and can't really comment on the state of them.

I've now geared 3 characters and 5 different specs through heroics and the amount of bad healers, bad dps or low hp tanks is quite astonishing.

This buff should go a long way to making up for the extremely bad players.
    No, it won't. At all. The biggest failing point is people who get hit by Blitz, people who get tethered to the fire ele and just stand there, people who don't avoid the AoE's that will kill you...giving them 15% more damage won't save them from being stupid. At most it will make the competent ones 15% better, so you can just start 4 manning heroics and let the morons stay dead.

And please for the love of god people...this is in no way a hardcore vs. casual debate. These are friggin 5 mans. There is nothing hardcore about them. Just because you are unfortunate enough to pug morons (or maybe are one yourself, /shrug) does not mean the rest of us are "hardcores." It doesn't make you a "casual" because you struggle with 5 mans. My guild raids 2 hours a week and still has killed bosses. *That's* casual.
    Last edited by Shamslam; 2011-02-04 at 05:51 PM.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by fulfill_your_destiny View Post
    Agreed with coar. This really wasn't needed.
    Given that so few people were doing it that you get hour long LFG queues, it might very well be needed. Now people are going to give dungeons a try once more.
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

Quote Originally Posted by Kev111 View Post
    Really Blizz? Cater to the casuals again and ruin Cataclysm. Thanks bros.
    No offense, but im sure 12 of the 15 million subs are "casual". I ask you, as a business, who would you listen too? I dont like the nerf either, but its the "smart" thing to do for blizz to cater to the "casual".

Don't matter to me but my alts will appreciate it late late or early morning when not running guild groups. Heroics should take 30-40 min max...not 3 hours in random pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahgoots View Post
    Good news. Finally cut down on the time it takes to run instances, since I work full time and can't play 8 hours a day like all the "hardcore" players.
    QQ? My GF works weekends, and goes to school full time and she still finds time to gear up and even do raids with me. And as it is now you only need about 1 hour of free time to do a heroic, if you don't have 1 hour of free time a week you shouldn't be playing wow.

Blizzard really went the easy way on "fixing" this.
    Hi

As tank... regardless if the dungeon is easy or not, I still insist that the PuG's I tank for CC. At least at the start of a run. I tell them "We'll start using CC. Show me that you're capable and we'll step up the pace based on the groups healing, dps and knowledge".

And I have gotten booted from a few PuG's because of it. Which is funny because I go into another instantly, and they'll wait for a tank.

I've no problem with the change one way or another. I think it will help heroic PuGs a bunch.

Most of the heroics are getting nerfed in one way or other with this patch.

That combined with luck of the draw should make it close to faceroll.
    There must be no retirement with our backs to the wall, And believing in the justice of our cause, Each one of us must fight on to the end.

We determine the guilty, We decide the punishment.

Coming soon to your local 5 man pug:

Strength of Wrynn / Hellscream's Warsong

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flummox View Post

"THEY BUFFT PUGS? I RUN ALL MY HEROIX WITH GUILDIEZ AND IM OUTRAGED! OUTRAGED!"
    I lol'd

10+ Year Old Account
    violence doesn't solve things , QQ does

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Who really cares? If the heroics were already too easy then shouldn't you all be raiding now? If so how will this affect you?
    quoted for truth.

Deleted
    In the process of working on this change we actually discovered that the Luck of the Draw buff has not been working in Cataclysm at all, save for a few specific dungeons. This means that the difficulty in almost all normal and Heroic dungeons for those using the Dungeon Finder tool was higher than expected. Still, with that issue corrected in 4.0.6, we feel the bump up to 15% for three or more random players found through the Dungeon Finder is a necessary change.

Wow, didnt staff say that they would NOT be nerfing anything in cataclysm???
    This is ridiculous......

this is gonna be exactly like wotlk, people complaining that everything is to hard... START USING YOUR FUCKING BRAIN AND DONT WHINE AT FORUM THAT IT'S TO HARD! ITS NOT!.

atleast ppl with a brain think not.............

Quote Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
    Because you have access to so many subscription numbers, right?

Any people that actually 'left' due to 'dungeons being hard' are the same groups of people who would come running back right at a content patch because the old teir of gear got moved to the dungeon level badge vendor.

Shit like that does not change after 5 years.
    Ppl dont leave because things are hard or easy ... they leave because the GAME isn't fun. Most ppl dont even bother to say goodbye. There was a big group of old players counting on LFD to be able to give them more casual friendly enviroment. Instead they got a 5 man version of hell with 30 mins waiting time. 5 years of game - ppl taking a second look ... finding out the truth - and then dont bother. This is something that Blizzard doesn't need stats to show... Everyone knows this by now.

to those saying free loot for everyone. please quit your bitching its fucking blues. the most they can get out of it is 70 valor pts a day u figure a peice of tier is 2200 thats almost a month of heroics for legs or a chest... and u all are complaining becuase joe shmo is gonna have one peice of epic gear a month? lets be real here guys ur not complaining about other people getting loot ur more worried that they can get stuff done and u wont look like a badass cuz u did content (heroics mind you ooooooooooooo so hard) before they did because you play the game more than they do. please for the sake of argument think for a second guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Blizzard really went the easy way on "fixing" this.
    this is a temp fix and by all means they can remove the buff once they find a fix for the DFT so that groups are more appropriately formed. this is NOT an End All change.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev111 View Post
    Really Blizz? Cater to the casuals again and ruin Cataclysm. Thanks bros.
    Oh yes because having to carry three dps pull under 3k and a healer who moves to stand in every fire and walks into explosions is TOTALLY what heroics are supposed to be like...

Every time I tried to pug it would be the same thing. They don't know what CC is. Sometimes they'd pull under 1k dps ("JUST /kick THEM " unfortunately it doesn't work when three of them are from the same server). They stand in fire, and fml, that boss in grim batol. Possibly one of the easier bosses in all heroics, they'd die every single attempt, taking two...three..four firebombs to the face. No matter how far I got the boss from the fire bombs spawn before it came out. Despite whether or not I'd charge away and stun it before intercepting back. No matter how hard I pushed the perfect rotation I can not carry that many idiots.

The "casuals" make up like 95% of the players. They pay 95% of the subscriptions. Should they not be allowed to play endgame?
    No.. Casuals DO see endgame. They played hard modes and beat them eventually. They just do it after the hardcores because they don't play 7 hour raids 5 times a week to clear new content the moment it's released. Casuals do not need a buff.
    Casuals do make up 95% of the subs. Hardcores 3%. But the ones who get carried hardcore through everything, need that 30% buff to deal 5k dps a frost DK in AoE, and stand in fires are only 2% of the subs.