Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhron View Post
    And this won't change the problem with heroic dungeons in the slightest, but people still need to bitch anyway methinks.

Now to have this comment ignored while people's personal shitstorms continue to kick up, while missing the point that Cata is still filled with pointless arbitration.

While a great analysis, nevermind it's the same kind of idiots and not the same 4 idiots exactly, you can just quit and do something else in reality (which you can't seem to in this situation). But in the case that you can't quit? What would it take to make the four idiots learn, since you seem to have an eternity.

I'm just saying, if someone is having trouble killing the first boss of anything in a heroic it may not necessarily be their fault. I've seen some truly awful pugs that made me want to rip my hair out since the release of cata (when I was gearing up my guild had a set heroic group so they could craft everyones orb gear) and had to pug a lot... And I don't think my blood pressure had ever been higher. Every HoO group I had could never pass the first boss, in fact the first time I cleared it was when I got into a group that already downed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorehowl View Post
    just give all characters that hit 85 a full set of 349 gear already...
    To make a comment like that you obviously wanted a change like that PRIOR to this 15% buff being applicated to the PTR not even LIVE

mouth breathers, sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Charagon View Post
    What exactly do you think raiders do when they aren't raiding?
    Finger their anus? Why would they want to waste their time in heroics?

Quote Originally Posted by Warhunt View Post
    Making up phrases like that.....not even real children would be so childish surely?

OT: Again fail to see the problem. You don't pug, it doesn't effect you. You do pug, it helps, but it's hardly game breaking.
    Lol =3 Yes, I still make childish jokes, D: I must be a fail person IRL =| And if I do pug yay buff sorta, if I dont pug then I have to do slow mode. So yeah, I guess I'll pug from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by kduv889 View Post
    if by MOST HEROICS you mean a SMALL HANDFUL then yes. Don't exaggerate changes that happened taken place yet. There is a PTR for a reason.

Face Rolling would imply that you can live through aoe DMG without heals or pull multiple groups at once.

This is simply NOT true with pugs and undergeared tanks.
    Care to read these patch notes and tell me what 5man isn't getting nerfed http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...updated-jan-28

Every single heroic is getting some form of nerf, whether it is 1 boss, all bosses in a dungeon or trash nerf, They are getting nerfed.
    There must be no retirement with our backs to the wall, And believing in the justice of our cause, Each one of us must fight on to the end.

We determine the guilty, We decide the punishment.

Oh man! Groups of 3 guildies are going to FLY!

Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    Pfffh, Its gone like two months and they have already nerfed the HCs by around 25%, counting encounter nerfs, man QQers always win.
    That is wrong.

People cancelling accounts win. There must have been a ton of cancels for them to do that. Greg's job security is directly related to "active subscriptions".

There has been 2years of QQ about frost mages from baddies that can't counter them and they've only become stronger since then.
    (if you look at most frost mage QQ, they come from either lvl 1 alts, whom you should ignore or people in greens/pve specs)

The problem in heroics, and raids for that matter, is that Addons are basically required. Trust me when I say that 50% of the players do not even know about addons.
    I wonder how far Paragon would get with the default WoW UI. (meaning no dbm, omen, nothing but mouseover macros and the improved blizz. raid frame)

To make a comment like that you obviously wanted a change like that PRIOR to this 15% buff being applicated to the PTR not even LIVE

mouth breathers, sigh.
    Calling people names doesn't make your fail argument any more valid. =P. Also dude, ever heard of alts? =P

Quote Originally Posted by Miku View Post
    Not everyone raids all day and night =3, I still do heroics sometimes when playing alts/bored/valor points. Stfu please, =3
    find a new hobby then kid, doing heroics while you're bored and freaking out about a POTENTIAL buff of 15% to select stats hardly seems like a good use of anyone's time.

i, for one, cant wait to do 17k dps in a 5m lolololol

there is NOT RAID WIDE BUFF IN RAIDS WHY ARE YOU STILL TYPING?
    God, you of all the other little droolers, are the WORST of the sperm pool
    That is how you get to raid wide buffs and nerfs, smart guy.

That's how everything started until we hit the lowest possible gameplay in WotLK. As soon as you start to back away from what you said (in this case, blizzard saying it should be like that and ppl should learn to play like they did in TBC because WotLK was wrong), you won't have any support anymore to get back to it. You cavein to their QQ, now they'll say "see, we're right!" and will start QQing about the next tier in dificult. How do you expect those players will react if the 4.1 heroics (or only heroic, I don't know) is way harder than today's heroics (as they should be, tunned for 346 to 359 geared players)???? They won't want it. How you think Blizzard can say anything about it to support their point of view on the "the next stuff needs to be harder than the previous one" since they alread said they were wrong?

That's when we get to the raids. That's how we get to 30% ICC. There is no coming back after you gave it away. You see how hard it is to get away from the WotLK concept even after 2 months and many geared players/nerfed heroics.

You give it, they learn only that QQ matters and they go for more. Blizzard was doing a fine job on trying to move ppl away from WotLK concept and "QQ to earn gifts", but they just threw all their effort away. Sadly.

I don't understand why you'd make pugging 3 players the optimal way of doing heroics.

Great, more unneeded nerfs. At this point I'm just waiting for "all gear in cataclysm heroics has been upgraded to 359 epics and all bosses now reward Valor Points" Welcome to Wrath 2.0, Cata was fun while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenose View Post
    Care to read these patch notes and tell me what 5man isn't getting nerfed http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...updated-jan-28

Every single heroic is getting some form of nerf, whether it is 1 boss, all bosses in a dungeon or trash nerf, They are getting nerfed.
    so you want to try and debate with me these prospective changes yet be biased and not read the part where GC also announced tune ups for bosses which were trivial minus the opinion 5% buff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fews View Post
    i, for one, cant wait to do 17k dps in a 5m lolololol
    You don't already? Naw, I'm kidding. I guess it will make the 1 LFD that I might have to run every other week that much easier. Meh.

Umm....Why is anyone surprised? Of course this stuff was going to get easier. Quit qqing about things you should already have been aware of.

Deleted
    As long as they keep raiding as it is, I'm happycat.

then it's a good thing that heroics are NOT the whole game. do yourself a favor and stop trying to generalize the game based on ONE minor buff to one MINOR section of the game - that being Pick Up Group heroic instances.

If you could actually read my whole post then you would realize that I mentioned more then just heroics... but uh... yeah?... go read my whole post before posting a post about my post? ._. It wasn't even that long of a post, like a whole 4 sentences. Also at endgame there are pretty much Raids/Pvp/Heroics/Collecting stuff to show off. I wouldn't call a 15% buff minor nor would I called heroic instances a Minor section of the game.

Excellent change, running Heroics in a pug is a nightmare. This is the best change they've done in a while. On a side note, some of the heroics are poorly designed in that the first boss is harder than the next 2 or 3. Halls of Origination comes to mind for one and Stonecore and Throne of the Tides as well. This is backwards, the difficulty should increase as you go further in, not get easier. The Lost City is the best designed in this regard in my opinion.

My guild hasn't even started raiding yet because it's taken this long to get people appropriately geared. We also are having problems getting people to even log on and try. If this change would have been in effect from the beginning, we'd have been raiding a few weeks ago.
    Last edited by Dch48; 2011-02-04 at 06:41 PM.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Deleted
    I like it. When i pug i just want the points and be done with it.