Poll: Worst primary proffesion?

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Worst PRIMARY proffesion

So ye, /shoo with your archaeology being worst

Anyways - measuring the proffessions on how hard it can be to level them, satisfaction value (what you actually gain from it) and so on
    what proffession would you say is the worst out there.

Every profession brings something different and unique. I don't think there is one that is the WORST.

I'd say Tailoring.

Enchanting is the longest and most annoying prof iv'e ever attempted to level.

Blacksmithing?
    Owning horrid India customer service since 1989. DELL - PAYPAL - EA

Deleted
    Enchanting. It's impossible to make money with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorgen View Post
    Every profession brings something different and unique. I don't think there is one that is the WORST.
    Yes, I agree each bring something unique - and didn´t get this in since I pressed send too fast but my personal worst is enchanting.
    Why? First of all it brings the least to the player personally - its not some proffession you "need" to have on serveral characters to gain the specialty besides the ring enchants. So basicly thats all enchanting brings - sure you can say other proffs. only bring one thing as well such as bs only bringing sockets but I´d still value it more due to the things you can make. But besides that enchanting feels pretty damn abusive atm due to the autodisenchanting system - there isn´t some added way that enchanters got some special thing like what engineers could with clouds to gain mats. But I guess it could just be me looking at it that way.

Just to further up on the "need to have" - the fun factor in enchanting is low for me. Compared to fx. jewelcrafting where you get random trinket drops, daily quests and similar + as mentioned above the abusive behaviour that enchanters are just disenchant bots for others to gain free mats.

Quote Originally Posted by Graki View Post
    Enchanting is the longest and most annoying prof iv'e ever attempted to level.
    Try leatherworking.
    Learn about consequences before try something.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    from 510 to 525 in alch is all at-loss blue gem transmutes =/

edit: not to mention that you NEED to also have archaeology maxed if you want to make your own vial

Deleted
    Inscription and/or engineering. Inscription gives worthless shoulder enchants, and engineering gives barely anything once you get your tier 11 (and above) head item.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've made money with enchanting via scrolls, not real fond of the stand in trade method. I do however agree that it's annoying as heck to level.

My other annoying one is leatherworking, esp in Cata. It's very easy to gather mines, flowers but to go and farm mobs for skins. WTB the return of skinable nagas.

Voted for LW. I do not care about min/max, 'cause I am a bad casual player, but I found LW hellishly bad to level, even if you are skinner yourself. I had to skin thousands of poor (albeit only virtual) animals, and I felt really wrong about it, because my that toon was a druid who was supposed to protect the nature. ^_^

Obviously people here vote based on three different aspects: profit, min/max, difficulty to level. So this poll is a bit incorrect.
    Last edited by Dyak; 2011-02-04 at 05:48 PM.
    We sail tonight for Kalimdor,
    We're all as mad as hatters here...

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    ~snip~ But besides that enchanting feels pretty damn abusive atm due to the autodisenchanting system - there isn´t some added way that enchanters got some special thing like what engineers could with clouds to gain mats. But I guess it could just be me looking at it that way.
    Again with the greedy enchanters thing trying to keep all mats for themselves. From questing and dailies alone there are PLENTY of greens/blues for you to de for yourself. But killing bosses in 5 mans is a group effort and without the auto system leads to more disenchanters stealing from the other group mates (dropping at the end and keeping all the blues to shard for themselves)

Also you do get something unique from Enchanting that is only for you, ring enchants. A nice little bonus that only you get.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Again with the greedy enchanters thing trying to keep all mats for themselves. From questing and dailies alone there are PLENTY of greens/blues for you to de for yourself. But killing bosses in 5 mans is a group effort and without the auto system leads to more disenchanters stealing from the other group mates (dropping at the end and keeping all the blues to shard for themselves)

Also you do get something unique from Enchanting that is only for you, ring enchants. A nice little bonus that only you get.
    Not about being greedy - and I don´t see skinners, herbers or miners sharing their stuff they get from instances either - its a matter of getting something extra. Yes, there are some added green drops outside instances however most of the stuff enchanters have to use comes from quest items which others use to sell for added gold. So the point being - if you had been able to look above and beyond yourself - is the enchanter get some solid way to get mats instead of having to rely so heavily on luck.

enchanting, the ring chants seem ehh now, since everyone has your mats, it's FAR less profitable than it was yet still expensive to level since old mats can be scarce, so really, what is the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Inscription and/or engineering. Inscription gives worthless shoulder enchants, and engineering gives barely anything once you get your tier 11 (and above) head item.
    The inscription shoulder enchants give exactly the same stat bonus as every other prof that gives a stat bonus. There is essentially no difference between inscription versus BS, JC, and enchanting.

They're all terrible. Remember when professions had reasons to take them outside of stat x is boosted by y amount?

i have friends that are enchanters in my guild and they make mad gold off tips for things like power torrent and such normal tips go for 200-500g sooo invest in those patterns and profit i say.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post

yeah, that .9% hp boost is worth it

or the .7% dps boost, GIVE ME SOME MORE OF THAT

enchanters aren't bitching that there aren't enough mats, so bringing up their availability is pointless, enchanters can't sell you mats to make any type of worthwhile profit now since you lazy fucks who didn't level enchanting can have mats too

i ran 100 dungeons on an 85 who didn't have enchanting, in 88 of those, an enchanter was in the group, it's safe to say that 75% of the time, you'll get a chance at hundreds of gold in mats that you didn't do anything to earn

killing a boss for gear is why you queue

When Cata rolled around I was rocking Engineering and Inscription on my main, imagine how dumb I felt.