1. #1
    Stood in the Fire Priestamgpwn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Belgrade
    Posts
    360

    Red face Shadow priests damage in arena

    So after doing arenas and bg's for like month or so ( from when i dinged 85 ) some thing is bothering me:
    I think that i am doing a lot less damage then i should do,and i dunno if this is because i get focused every single arena and i think more about how to survive it while the frost mage is doing all the work ( ok not all but you got idea ) or is it my lack of expirience and skill (bare in mind that i'm new with spriests ,well priests in general )?

  2. #2
    You really aren't giving enough information to get any real feedback. I also do 2s with a frost mage, and usually my damage is the same, or higher then his unless i'm getting trained by 2 melee real hard.

  3. #3
    The Patient Epox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Skaaaaune, Sweden
    Posts
    203
    It really is one of your mage's primary jobs to peel melee of you so you can pump out some damage, considering or escapes are very limited. And yes we seem to be the prime target most of the time as our damage really gets shut down when we are focused.'

    BG really shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't rush in headlong in big crowds or melee training you all day long, staying at the back dotting up people and trying to CS healers and keep them occupied, dispelling hots on FCs etc. We aren't as retardedly good as we where in late Wotlk, but I still regularly top the charts in BGs. But every now and then you get those BGs where every melee seem to focus you and there really is no way to get away after popping disperse/fade/rocket jump (which is king btw).
    Main
    Epox
    PvP Alt (lololol Icelance)
    Zyke
    Decent Alts
    Nyli
    Ashuna


  4. #4
    Stood in the Fire Priestamgpwn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Belgrade
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    You really aren't giving enough information to get any real feedback. I also do 2s with a frost mage, and usually my damage is the same, or higher then his unless i'm getting trained by 2 melee real hard.
    here is the armory link sorry i forgot to put it :
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tamgpwn/simple

    And about BG's it's preety much as you said Epox.Some bg's i finish at the top ( 7 out of 10 ) but sometimes it seems that whole BG is focusing me >.>

  5. #5
    The Patient Epox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Skaaaaune, Sweden
    Posts
    203
    Get more spellpen, 195 at least, for auras and other resistances and I think it's 240 or 250 (can't remember which) for mage armor if you want to be totally safe. Also get hitcapped at 4%. Having these two capped really helps your damage quite a bit.

    Other than that it's practice, practice, practice I guess.
    Main
    Epox
    PvP Alt (lololol Icelance)
    Zyke
    Decent Alts
    Nyli
    Ashuna


  6. #6
    Warchief DiscoGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Behind the Pillar
    Posts
    2,219
    Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    You really aren't giving enough information to get any real feedback. I also do 2s with a frost mage, and usually my damage is the same, or higher then his unless i'm getting trained by 2 melee real hard.
    your mage needs to be peeling for you. spamming poly and using frost snares defensively instead of offensively.

    heres a vid from skill capped on spriest/frost mage in 2s.

    http://www.skill-capped.com/watch/63...-mage-overview
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

  7. #7
    Shadowpriests are getting a nice buff to mindblast, so get ready to melt faces.

  8. #8
    Warchief DiscoGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Behind the Pillar
    Posts
    2,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmollster11 View Post
    Shadowpriests are getting a nice buff to mindblast, so get ready to melt faces.
    THISSSS^^^

    im glyphed for shadow word death, so when i go for a kill spam, i go:
    mind spikex3: instant mind blast: and if that doesnt kill them they eat shadow word deathx2 lulz!

    on ptr with my gear(half vicious and half bloodthirsty) on the average resil target thats 12k,12k,12k,15k,10k,10k
    last three casts are instant casts so they drop!
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    THISSSS^^^

    im glyphed for shadow word death, so when i go for a kill spam, i go:
    mind spikex3: instant mind blast: and if that doesnt kill them they eat shadow word deathx2 lulz!

    on ptr with my gear(half vicious and half bloodthirsty) on the average resil target thats 12k,12k,12k,15k,10k,10k
    last three casts are instant casts so they drop!
    Eww, i'm all for using Glyph of SW, but mind spike spamming for a kill isn't really a good idea, infact, dropping your dots is never a good idea. What if you don't get that kill shot? you would have wasted a about 6 seconds in time. Also, the last three being instant cast only really matters if you're on the move, else it does next to no benefit with GCDs

  10. #10
    Warchief DiscoGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Behind the Pillar
    Posts
    2,219
    Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    Eww, i'm all for using Glyph of SW, but mind spike spamming for a kill isn't really a good idea, infact, dropping your dots is never a good idea. What if you don't get that kill shot? you would have wasted a about 6 seconds in time. Also, the last three being instant cast only really matters if you're on the move, else it does next to no benefit with GCDs
    shamans are moving, resto druids are moving. everyone is moving, must instant cast!

    Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    What if you don't get that kill shot?
    i do 90% of the time :P
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

  11. #11
    the biggest flaw in MS spam is how can u when ur the kill target lol

    i no its possible sometimes but its hardly an all the time thing...

  12. #12
    Stood in the Fire Priestamgpwn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Belgrade
    Posts
    360
    You can kill with MS spam but still if you are getting focused ( which in case of spriest is always ) how to find time to cast it :S

  13. #13
    Warchief DiscoGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Behind the Pillar
    Posts
    2,219
    Quote Originally Posted by stickyjam View Post
    the biggest flaw in MS spam is how can u when ur the kill target lol

    i no its possible sometimes but its hardly an all the time thing...
    if theyre out in the open, and im not getting tunneled. theyre eating MS spam for sho.

    ---------- Post added 2011-02-06 at 06:53 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Priestamgpwn View Post
    how to find time to cast it :S

    juuuuuuuuke
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

  14. #14
    The Lightbringer Speaknoevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Posts
    3,394
    Simple Guidelines, alter when you're comfortable with the class/spec

    Above 25%
    DoTs + Empowered Shadow [keep this up, doesn't matter what number of orbs you consume] + Dark Evangelism
    Below 25%
    Dark Archangel -> SWD Twice

    If you are absolutely certain that they will not stop your attack in some form, MSx2-3 -> MB -> SWDx2 is fine.

    But if you lose a game b/c you messed that up.

    d-:

    Bad stuff.

    It's better burst, but most people can't handle it without a form of lust.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    if theyre out in the open, and im not getting tunneled. theyre eating MS spam for sho.

    ---------- Post added 2011-02-06 at 06:53 PM ----------




    juuuuuuuuke

    haha yeh but why wouldnt you be getting tunneled :P

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    THISSSS^^^

    im glyphed for shadow word death, so when i go for a kill spam, i go:
    mind spikex3: instant mind blast: and if that doesnt kill them they eat shadow word deathx2 lulz!

    on ptr with my gear(half vicious and half bloodthirsty) on the average resil target thats 12k,12k,12k,15k,10k,10k
    last three casts are instant casts so they drop!
    Obviously facing bad geared players and probably not very skilled. MS hits for 6-8k on geared targets, not 12k. Also, any shadow priest with a clue knows that MS spam is bad. Don't troll next time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •